Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Full Metal Jacket 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
5 hrs ago
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$53.99
3 hrs ago
Eureka Seven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Swamp Thing: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Complete Films of Agnès Varda (Blu-ray)
$175.27

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$5.00

The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs

Old 07-19-2020, 11:30 AM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

I assume you are using the built-in speakers? I'd start with standard mode and work from there to find what sounds best to you.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:37 AM   #162

May 2013

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this.

Recently, I picked up a 65in CX. So far I'm really impressed with the picture. However, when watching 4k blu-rays on my UB820 I'm noticing some issues when it comes to motion. When there is fast motion in the scene it seems to leave some sort of image retention/outline. For example, when watching the Joker with scenes that includes subway cars, it leaves some sort of outline. I took a video of it with my iPhone. (
)

Is there something wrong with the TV or is it something with the settings?
Old 07-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #163
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Check the noise reduction settings are off, or low if you really must use it at all.

Could also be a TruMotion artefact. In fact, it probably is. LG motion estimation is pretty poor and causes artefacts on fast motion. Have that off or use custom settings as low as you find acceptable. Most would recommend off, but some have issues with OLED motion without it.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:38 AM   #164
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Portland, OR

Finally going to get a 4K TV and the one I hear is great is the LG OLED C9. Apparently it really is that popular, sold out most places. CX is newer so I'm going to guess it's a bit better anyways.
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (07-29-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 11:58 PM   #165

Sep 2007

Going to use calman autocal this weekend on my CX48, the filmaker mode looks pretty spot on. I wonder how well the calibration will improve over it.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:51 AM   #166
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru-way View Post
Going to use calman autocal this weekend on my CX48, the filmaker mode looks pretty spot on. I wonder how well the calibration will improve over it.
Probably not massively with a TV that ships with pretty accurate settings - but you'll be sure the colours and gamma curve, which you can't accurately adjust yourself, will be spot on.
Thanks given by:
Tru-way (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 02:20 PM   #167

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
Probably not massively with a TV that ships with pretty accurate settings - but you'll be sure the colours and gamma curve, which you can't accurately adjust yourself, will be spot on.
What really captures my curiosity is the autocal implementation, doing a 22 point calibration on my B6 a few years ago was no walk in the park.

Looking forward to just pressing start and having an optimal picture within minutes as opposed to hours. I'm glad TV manufacturers now are pushing the importance of calibration(new filmaker mode) and working with calibration software for autocal implementation.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:05 PM   #168
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007

I own a 65" LG E9 OLED. I downloaded the AppleTV App. When I watch movies on the AppleTV App there is a line that shows just above the bottom letterbox it is not constant it is sporadic. The only way to not see the line is to turn Just Scan to off and to turn Screen Shift to on. This causes me to lose the original aspect ratio. I have reset the TV. I have reset AppleTV app and I've deleted the AppleTV app and reinstalled. I can watch the same movie on VUDU and it does not do this so it's not the TV it's the AppleTV app. I cannot find any information on the internet on this issue. AppleTV app is the only app that does this when watching a movie in letterbox. And it is only the bottom letterbox area. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 08-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #169

Sep 2007

I finally managed to get my CX48 calibrated! wish it was painless but ran into some issues with my meter calibrating properly with the autocal software.

Apparently, the software doesn't contain an adequate WRGB OLED meter profile for my i1 display pro so I had to search and luckily discovered on AVSforum an EDR profile that could be used. HDR,DV, and SDR are now calibrated and the picture is very nice!

My SDR calibration(expert room dark) is close to Film maker mode but skin tones and colors are now more accurate without that pale green push I was seeing. Was definitely worth the process! the image looks clean and seems to pop.

If you have no plans to calibrate leave the setting on film maker mode, it's very good for a factory calibration.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs