Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Godfather Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$28.66
17 hrs ago
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Eureka Seven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Swamp Thing: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Complete Films of Agnès Varda (Blu-ray)
$175.67

Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$5.00
23 hrs ago
Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Ride Your Wave (Blu-ray)
$17.99
2 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion

Old 07-02-2020, 12:40 AM   #8521

Aug 2012

is it safe to store posters that are in cardboard tubes vertically? Currently i have my dmr posters stored horizontally but they take up alot of space.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:53 AM   #8522
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
is it safe to store posters that are in cardboard tubes vertically? Currently i have my dmr posters stored horizontally but they take up alot of space.
Make sure they are in a cool/dry place and they should be fine for a while. Cardboard is acidic and will break down but takes years to do so as long as you keep them in a cool location that is dry and away from any moisture you should be ok.
Thanks given by:
Forty (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 02:09 AM   #8523

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Make sure they are in a cool/dry place and they should be fine for a while. Cardboard is acidic and will break down but takes years to do so as long as you keep them in a cool location that is dry and away from any moisture you should be ok.
Thank you very much.
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #8524
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteCount View Post
Just put my latest one in a frame, ready for putting up in my home-cinema room.

If it ever gets finished...

Attachment 226615
Very nice Mad Max poster!
Thanks given by:
CompleteCount (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 08:42 AM   #8525
Power Member

Jul 2017
Elles Belles, Costa Plonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Very nice Mad Max poster!
Fanyaverymuch!

The depressing thing is that it's almost a year later, and the home cinema room is nowhere near finished. Wiring in, carpet down, walls papered, Panasonic OLED TV waiting to be installed, but still no go.

On the plus side, I have picked up some cracking posters to go in there, including the UK theatrical poster of Suspiria. It's a thing of beauty, sitting around in a tube waiting to be stuck in a frame.

In the mean time, I've finally made a frame for my rather rare Mad Max 2 video poster...

mm2 poster.jpg

Last edited by CompleteCount; 07-03-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 07:16 AM   #8526
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Panasonic OLED TV waiting to be installed, but still no go.
Be happy you can get Panasonic OLED sets where you live, I'm jealous. They pulled out of the USA not too long after plasma lost out to LCD, even though in my opinion plasma was superior to LCD. I have always loved Panasonic products, and I still have my 2008 85U series Panasonic plasma rocking the mighty 1080p which has been a great television, but will be replaced with an OLED later this year after I move. I just wish Panasonic would have stayed put, they are missing out here in the USA and should they return, it may be too late. I even heard they are discontinuing operating in Canada too. Right now the LG CX OLED has my attention but have heard Panasonic OLED's are top notch.

Nice Mad Max poster too, is that an original you had framed or a reprint? Originals for the first film can be very difficult to find.
Thanks given by:
CompleteCount (07-06-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 08:32 AM   #8527
Power Member

Jul 2017

Quote:
Be happy you can get Panasonic OLED sets where you live, I'm jealous

Nice Mad Max poster too, is that an original you had framed or a reprint? Originals for the first film can be very difficult to find.
I'm in the UK, and am well aware that Panasonic are not available in the USA. About 15 years ago, I had a Panasonic plasma, which was a lovely machine, and when putting together a dedicated room, my very understanding (and supportive on this one!) wife let me get what I wanted, and a Panny was top of the list.

It was tough to make the final choice, but was guided by how too many TVs now have aggressive Automatic Brightness Limiters, coming down - to quote Die Hard - "like a ****ing anvil" when there is too much brightness over a wide area. My Phillips 4K TV is much the same, and has been relegated to the front room for general duties.

The Mad Max 2 video poster is an original, as stuck in windows of UK video shops back in 1982. It's in pretty good condition, given that it's getting on for 40 years old. Measuring 27x18 inches, it was impossible to get a frame for, so bought a larger one and carefully cut it down to fit.

Last edited by CompleteCount; 07-06-2020 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:37 PM   #8528
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
I'm in the UK, and am well aware that Panasonic are not available in the USA. About 15 years ago, I had a Panasonic plasma, which was a lovely machine, and when putting together a dedicated room, my very understanding (and supportive on this one!) wife let me get what I wanted, and a Panny was top of the list.

It was tough to make the final choice, but was guided by how too many TVs now have aggressive Automatic Brightness Limiters, coming down - to quote Die Hard - "like a ****ing anvil" when there is too much brightness over a wide area. My Phillips 4K TV is much the same, and has been relegated to the front room for general duties.

The Mad Max 2 video poster is an original, as stuck in windows of UK video shops back in 1982. It's in pretty good condition, given that it's getting on for 40 years old. Measuring 27x18 inches, it was impossible to get a frame for, so bought a larger one and carefully cut it down to fit.
Yes I noticed the Road Warrior (aka Mad Max 2) poster was a video store poster, I was referring to the Max Max one you had posted up that you had framed. Enjoy that Panasonic OLED, perhaps one day Panasonic will return to the U.S. market, but by the time they finally do, most people probably will have already updated their televisions to 4K, etc.
Thanks given by:
CompleteCount (07-10-2020)
Old 07-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #8529
Power Member

Jul 2017

Quote:
Yes I noticed the Road Warrior (aka Mad Max 2) poster was a video store poster, I was referring to the Max Max one you had posted up that you had framed. Enjoy that Panasonic OLED, perhaps one day Panasonic will return to the U.S. market, but by the time they finally do, most people probably will have already updated their televisions to 4K, etc.
The original Mad Max one was a high-res repro I had from eBay. The quality of it is absolutely stunning. He also had a repro of the UK double-bill quad of MM & MM2, which I was seriously considering, but realised that it might be making the new room too Mad Max-centric!
Thanks given by:
Kinsella5 (07-06-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 08:15 PM   #8530

Apr 2019
near St. Louis, MO

Is it just me, or are the 27 x 40 standard movie poster frames out of stock everywhere? In-store, online, they are nowhere to be seen!

Can't believe that something like poster frames would be affected by the pandemic, but who knows in these weird times. . .
Old 07-28-2020, 09:26 PM   #8531
Power Member

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudeus View Post
Is it just me, or are the 27 x 40 standard movie poster frames out of stock everywhere? In-store, online, they are nowhere to be seen!

Can't believe that something like poster frames would be affected by the pandemic, but who knows in these weird times. . .
Over here in the UK, prices of poster frames have nearly doubled, which is both surprising and bloody annoying.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #8532
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Cleveland, Ohio

Just ordered a RAN anniversary 27x40 poster, double sided. Can't wait to have this up.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #8533
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

I've been cleaning up around the house lately and have a couple extra DS 27x40 posters if anyone needs them shoot me a pm
Looking to sell unless someone has a Rise of Skywalker to trade

Avengers Endgame
Star Wars The Force Awakens
Old 07-30-2020, 05:53 AM   #8534
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
I've been cleaning up around the house lately and have a couple extra DS 27x40 posters if anyone needs them shoot me a pm
Looking to sell unless someone has a Rise of Skywalker to trade

Avengers Endgame
Star Wars The Force Awakens
But the keyword is you are looking for the Rise of Skywalker "Final" Style as someone may want to trade you but they may only have the advance styles for RoS. ;-)

I am still working on trying to locate the finals but Hollywood is still shut down when it comes to the marketing, etc.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:34 AM   #8535

Aug 2017
Belgium

Anyone familiar with the Polish company Displate? They make aluminum posters. I recently bought this one from them:

They can be mounted with a magnet and a strip of adhesive. But the mantelpiece allowed me to place it slightly slanted and resting against the wall.
Thanks given by:
Weirded Wonder (07-30-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 04:42 PM   #8536
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Cleveland, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris_schaffer View Post
Anyone familiar with the Polish company Displate? They make aluminum posters. I recently bought this one from them:
[Show spoiler]

They can be mounted with a magnet and a strip of adhesive. But the mantelpiece allowed me to place it slightly slanted and resting against the wall.
Wow. That site has some pretty sweet pictures for sale.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:00 PM   #8537

Apr 2019
near St. Louis, MO

I have a few Displates - it's a little troublesome having them shipped to the USA but the products are nice. Currently, Ripley from Alien and Debbie Harry are hanging in my den!
Old 08-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #8538
Power Member

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudeus View Post
Currently, Ripley from Alien and Debbie Harry are hanging in my den!
Not in an Ed Gein-type way, I hope!
Thanks given by:
Axl Rose (08-07-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion