Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Godfather Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$28.66
17 hrs ago
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Eureka Seven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Swamp Thing: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Complete Films of Agnčs Varda (Blu-ray)
$175.67

Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$5.00
23 hrs ago
Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Ride Your Wave (Blu-ray)
$17.99
2 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio

Old 08-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #81
Special Member

Aug 2010
Bodų, Norway

I will do that.
Thanks given by:
Badas (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #82
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompa View Post
I will do that.
They look awesome.

How do they sound and perform?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #83
Special Member

Aug 2010
Bodų, Norway

Yes, they look nice. I haven't got it yet. I expect it on Wednesday.

Last edited by Jompa; 08-11-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #84
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompa View Post
Yes, they look nice. I haven't got it yet. I expect it on Wednesday.
Exciting. Have fun.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #85
Special Member

Aug 2010
Bodų, Norway

I didn't get it today for some reason. I believe it will turn up tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #86
Special Member

Aug 2010
Bodų, Norway

I got the package today. We had some trouble connecting the soundcard, but it worked out in the end. I'm testing the headset with the film "Jack Reacher" which has 7.1 audio. Sounds good so far. The surround effects are good and convincing. I will report back for more.

Last edited by Jompa; 08-14-2014 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #87
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

This thread has seen no activity since August, but I stumbled across it as I was looking for more info about wireless surround headsets.

I recently purchased and received the Sony MDR-HW700DS. I see there is a 7500 model out now...looks like a newer version.

I received the 700DS right before Thanksgiving (took about 6 days to arrive from Japan!! (Amazon seller)) and they rock.

I have always been wary about purchasing a pair of gaming headphones since they don't decode Blu ray's lossless audio codecs, but when I saw these did, I jumped on it.

The surrounds aren't "life-like" like they would be in a natural 5.1 or 7.1 set-up, but damn, it sounds incredible for a pair of headphones. I sampled the film "Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift" to hear the engines and bass during the music and these things rocked. Other notable things...in Sean's father's little cramped abode in Japan, it actually sounded claustrophobic during scenes which took place inside the room. It was great!

I also sampled some surround scenes from "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York" (pigeons fluttering around the surrounds) and bass/explosions from "Transformers: Age of Extinction" and these things sounded great. Bass response is flat-out awesome! I cannot run my sub at night anymore since I have kids and the wife sleeps directly upstairs from our HT, so these are my answer!

A little pricey at $335 (now $375 from the same seller), but WELL WORTH IT!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #88
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, USA ; I enjoy watching 3D blu-rays; 41 Blufans steels so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy12 View Post
I cannot run my sub at night anymore since I have kids and the wife sleeps directly upstairs from our HT, so these are my answer!
This is why I have never spawned.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #89
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycomet View Post
This is why I have never spawned.
HAHAHAHA!!

Years ago, I would have said the same thing...now that I have kids...it's all good!! Best thing ever.

AND I have good headphones!!

Win-win!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:15 PM   #90

Mar 2017
Question 7.1 Headphones

I got one Turtle Beach X41 and 2 Turtle Beach X42s. They are Dolby Surround-> Dolby Headphone headphone converter + wireless headphone. I got what I want from a surround system tat you can't get in an acoustically horrible room, accurate 3-dimension directional sound. And isn't that the whole point of surround sound? Plus I can add any stereo headphone, and because this device converts Dolby 5.1 (7.1 maybe?) into Dolby Headphone, which is a 2 track soundtrack that takes advantage that you're wearing headphones to accurately simulate 3d directional sound by using echo and reverb to simulate 3d space.

My PS3 before and my Xbox One now have great sound for both movies and games. Bit there is one problem. Upstairs, we have an LG BP620C Blu-Ray player and DTS movies don't sound right. I don't hear the 3d sound space I hear on Xbox One, even on my DTS movies. I know I had to program both my PS3 and Xbox One into a "force Dolby" mode. (there is also a "force DTS" mode, and a "let it be" mode.) But there is always some problem with the BP620C. If I try to force Dolby, the sound to the TV sounds choppy. The TV has just a 2 speaker mode.

Is it true that when Blu-ray was competing against HD DVD, one of the things advertised for Blu-ray (AND HD DVD too) is the ability to have only one format of data, and another format of sound output, and have the player convert between the 2. This is people with "just Dolby" and "just DTS" surround boxes can play both formats and disc providers only need one soundtrack to cover both groups? Was that requirement dropped when HD DVD died (or later)? If it is dropped, how can I tell if the player I have now and any future player I buy will have that feature? If it isn't dropped, LG denies it has that feature. How do I use it? And does it matter what the HDMI setting is and if that will effect the Toslink setting because my TV has 2.0. If I try to set the HDMI to Dolby, the sound sounds choppy and digitized. how do I avoid that problem?
Old 11-06-2017, 05:44 PM   #91
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy12 View Post
This thread has seen no activity since August, but I stumbled across it as I was looking for more info about wireless surround headsets.

I recently purchased and received the Sony MDR-HW700DS. I see there is a 7500 model out now...looks like a newer version.

I received the 700DS right before Thanksgiving (took about 6 days to arrive from Japan!! (Amazon seller)) and they rock.

I have always been wary about purchasing a pair of gaming headphones since they don't decode Blu ray's lossless audio codecs, but when I saw these did, I jumped on it.

The surrounds aren't "life-like" like they would be in a natural 5.1 or 7.1 set-up, but damn, it sounds incredible for a pair of headphones. I sampled the film "Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift" to hear the engines and bass during the music and these things rocked. Other notable things...in Sean's father's little cramped abode in Japan, it actually sounded claustrophobic during scenes which took place inside the room. It was great!

I also sampled some surround scenes from "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York" (pigeons fluttering around the surrounds) and bass/explosions from "Transformers: Age of Extinction" and these things sounded great. Bass response is flat-out awesome! I cannot run my sub at night anymore since I have kids and the wife sleeps directly upstairs from our HT, so these are my answer!

A little pricey at $335 (now $375 from the same seller), but WELL WORTH IT!!!
Hi

I'm thinking of buying this headset and I wonder if I can connect 1 HDMI to my receiver and to Sony box and get all my sound from my receiver or do I need to connect my BD Player,4K player etc to the Sony box.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #92
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield80 View Post
Hi

I'm thinking of buying this headset and I wonder if I can connect 1 HDMI to my receiver and to Sony box and get all my sound from my receiver or do I need to connect my BD Player,4K player etc to the Sony box.
Hello! To answer your question, I have an HDMI going from the back of my blu ray player into the HDMI IN on the back of the headphone's receiver. From the receiver's HDMI OUT, I have another HDMI cable going to the back of my receiver.

So, the only time the headphones work is when I turn them on, otherwise, sound goes right through to the A/V receiver like normal if I want to use my surrounds. If the headphones are on, you can still hear the speakers and so I just minimize the volume on my A/V...

I actually just used these for the first time in a few months last night and they kick serious a....

Let me know what you think if you get them!
Thanks given by:
shield80 (11-06-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 10:34 AM   #93
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Has anyone ever tried/used the Smyth Realiser A8, or been eyeing the Dolby Atmos-equipped Realiser A16 coming out next year?
It's not "headphones" per se, but a hub that converts headphones (recommended are open back, esp. HifiMan, Audeze, Sennheiser HD700/800, etc...) into an eerily realistic representation of a full surround sound system.

Anyway, wonder if anyone tried them.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:14 PM   #94

Dec 2008

Hey everyone. I came to the forum looking to make a new post about finding greta 7.1 headphones and saw this thread at the top of the list so I thought I'd post here real quick and see if I can get a response. I'm looking for home theater type headphones to supplement my real setup for those late night viewings and like the OP it seems that something like that is very hard to find. Are these Sony cans what would still be recommended? If so, please list model numbers as I'm very interested in trying to pull the trigger on this today. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #95
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridergroov1 View Post
Are these Sony cans what would still be recommended? If so, please list model numbers as I'm very interested in trying to pull the trigger on this today. Thanks!

I purchased the Sony 9.1 headphones and returned them recently.

The surround sound is not very convincing in my opinion. My ears also got very warm pretty quickly since the headphones are isolated and the padding is very thick. Unacceptable.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:03 PM   #96
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridergroov1 View Post
Hey everyone. I came to the forum looking to make a new post about finding greta 7.1 headphones and saw this thread at the top of the list so I thought I'd post here real quick and see if I can get a response. I'm looking for home theater type headphones to supplement my real setup for those late night viewings and like the OP it seems that something like that is very hard to find. Are these Sony cans what would still be recommended? If so, please list model numbers as I'm very interested in trying to pull the trigger on this today. Thanks!
Sony MDR-HW700DS Wireless Headphone 100-240V (Japan Import)

Those are the ones I ordered back in 2014 for the exact same reason. I plan on using them tonight! They're great, albeit a bit expensive.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:15 PM   #97
Power Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
Has anyone ever tried/used the Smyth Realiser A8, or been eyeing the Dolby Atmos-equipped Realiser A16 coming out next year?
It's not "headphones" per se, but a hub that converts headphones (recommended are open back, esp. HifiMan, Audeze, Sennheiser HD700/800, etc...) into an eerily realistic representation of a full surround sound system.

Anyway, wonder if anyone tried them.
I'm looking into them. Especially the A16.

The Smyth's will be at CanJam in Los Angeles this April, and I will be attending to try it out.
Thanks given by:
KcMsterpce (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 06:50 AM   #98
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
I'm looking into them. Especially the A16.

The Smyth's will be at CanJam in Los Angeles this April, and I will be attending to try it out.
Awesome. I'd love to read your impressions about them.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #99
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Portland, OR

Anyone have Sennheiser RS 175 headphones? I was thinking of getting a pair but I also came across their RS 195 as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio

Tags
7.1, headphones, ps3