Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Full Metal Jacket 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
12 hrs ago
Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$53.99
10 hrs ago
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Swamp Thing: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$5.00

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$16.50

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 07-28-2020, 12:15 PM   #6101

Jul 2020
Default Hello from UK Blu-ray fans

Greetings from the UK, been a member for a while but never completed registration, finally got around to organising my collection and found the Blu-ray.com app, amazing!

Scanned a ton of stuff already, but need to up my posts to get to junior member before I can add new titles not in database, can’t wait to start contributing.

Been a 3d nut for years, photography and then early 3d PC implementations, so glad LG put me out of my misery by releasing Oled 4K 3d, bought in 2017 when they stopped making 3d versions for fear that 3d might be dropped completely!

Have since upgraded, should have gone large to begin with, currently running an lge6v 65inch, 3d is awesome from an Xbox one s.

3d Blu-ray is so amazing I just love to see people’s faces when they pop the specs on mumbling something about 3d being a fad, and then watch their jaws drop , gets me every time

Last edited by eat808; 07-28-2020 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:17 AM   #6102

Jul 2020
United Kingdom Another Newbie

Hi y'all

Been reading the articles and reviews on this site for ages and finally decided to join and take part. Been busy cataloging the collection the last couple days, still not finished
Old 08-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #6103

Jun 2020
Kansas City, MO

My friend told me about the My Movies app a long time ago, but I only started adding my collection recently. I have a fair number of DVD titles that are not in the database and I hope to be able to add them soon, but right now I haven't posted enough in the forums to have that ability. (Here's another post!) I only joined the forums (even more recently) after learning that I needed to do that to add titles, so the forums weren't what initially attracted me to this site, but I've found some interesting and useful discussions.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:16 PM   #6104

Mar 2020

welcome newbies, welcome to purgatory......
enjoy your stay in the newbie section for a while
Old 08-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #6105

Jul 2020
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchtasia View Post
My friend told me about the My Movies app a long time ago, but I only started adding my collection recently. I have a fair number of DVD titles that are not in the database and I hope to be able to add them soon, but right now I haven't posted enough in the forums to have that ability. (Here's another post!) I only joined the forums (even more recently) after learning that I needed to do that to add titles, so the forums weren't what initially attracted me to this site, but I've found some interesting and useful discussions.
Hello and welcome,

information regarding when permissions opening up the ability to enter DVDs into the database is rather illusive, but the rough estimate is 30 days or so (I'm also still waiting)

Regardless, if you, like me, want to finish off your collection asap, you can enter your titles not in the database into this thread: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...240918&page=64 with relevant information such as title, UPC and maybe even a cover image, and some of the helpful members here will input them into the database for you.

Hope this helps
Old 08-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #6106

Jun 2020
Kansas City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMills View Post
Hello and welcome,

information regarding when permissions opening up the ability to enter DVDs into the database is rather illusive, but the rough estimate is 30 days or so (I'm also still waiting)

Regardless, if you, like me, want to finish off your collection asap, you can enter your titles not in the database into this thread: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...240918&page=64 with relevant information such as title, UPC and maybe even a cover image, and some of the helpful members here will input them into the database for you.
Thanks. I actually found that other thread first, and an experienced user kindly added a couple of Alfred Hitchcock box sets to the database for me. But after going through my collection, I have several stacks of titles that need to be added, and I'd rather do them myself than burden someone else with most of the work. If impatience gets the better of me, I'll post more of them to that thread. I would like to get them put back away!

I've officially been a member here for a little over a month, and this will be my 11th post, so hopefully things will unlock for me soon. But I've gathered that the details are fuzzy and some people still don't have the ability to add titles after reaching those informal goals. We'll see . . .
Old 08-01-2020, 11:30 PM   #6107

Jul 2020
Michigan

Quote:
Thanks. I actually found that other thread first, and an experienced user kindly added a couple of Alfred Hitchcock box sets to the database for me. But after going through my collection, I have several stacks of titles that need to be added, and I'd rather do them myself than burden someone else with most of the work. If impatience gets the better of me, I'll post more of them to that thread. I would like to get them put back away!

I've officially been a member here for a little over a month, and this will be my 11th post, so hopefully things will unlock for me soon. But I've gathered that the details are fuzzy and some people still don't have the ability to add titles after reaching those informal goals. We'll see . . .
Yep, we are in the same boat.. just playing the waiting game at this point.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #6108

Jun 2020
Kansas City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMills View Post
Yep, we are in the same boat.. just playing the waiting game at this point.
Today it looks like I've been granted some new powers! Now I've got more to learn.
Thanks given by:
MoneyMills (08-02-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 02:03 PM   #6109
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010

Quote:
Today it looks like I've been granted some new powers! Now I've got more to learn.
Thanks given by:
scratchtasia (08-05-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 11:42 PM   #6110

Aug 2020
Default Add/edit abilities

Hi all, so is it time or posts that will unlock the ability to add new or edit existing titles?
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #6111

Aug 2020
Germany business cooperation

Hi everyone!

I'm working for the independent distributor Alive AG in Cologne (Germany).
I'd like to talk to someone about some sort of cooperation (e. g. giveaways) with blu-ray.com.

Our partner NSM Records in Austria is going to release the Ginger Snaps-Trilogy in Blu-ray on September 25th through us. Part 2 & 3 will be available on HD for the first time worldwide. We thought that might be intersting for your community.

looking forward hearing from you.

Greetings from Germany
Semjon
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion