Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Doctor Who: The Faceless Ones (Blu-ray)
£23.99
18 hrs ago
Dragons Forever (Blu-ray)
£10.39
14 hrs ago
The Protector (Blu-ray)
£10.39
14 hrs ago
The Bride with White Hair (Blu-ray)
£15.99

Crime Story (Blu-ray)
£10.39
14 hrs ago
Miracles: The Canton Godfather (Blu-ray)
£10.39
14 hrs ago
Ford v Ferrari 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.99

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Paranoia (Blu-ray)
£10.39
14 hrs ago
Bloodshot (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Brothers Till We Die (Blu-ray)
£10.39
14 hrs ago
North Sea Hijack (Blu-ray)
£9.59
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 06-14-2020, 09:17 PM   #161
Banned

Aug 2015

reposting from the Etiquette thread my current plight with importing

I made the mistake of ordering Catch My Soul at the last chance I had, the only place left was a Dodax listing on French Rakuten that let me use a UK address, supposedly with free shipping. Had no sign of it after two weeks and no communication so Iíll willing to bet it will never show up, hope Iím proven wrong!
Old 06-15-2020, 09:22 AM   #162

Dec 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixer View Post
Waiting on an order that was posted 30/4 from le Chat Qui fume - anyone else still waiting for theirs?
I am, my copy of Knife of Ice was shipped on or around April 30 from LCQF but I still havenít received it here in the US.
Thanks given by:
Sixer (06-20-2020)
Old 06-20-2020, 11:03 PM   #163

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybone View Post
I am, my copy of Knife of Ice was shipped on or around April 30 from LCQF but I still havenít received it here in the US.
Got mine a just over a week ago. Maybe send them an email.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:52 PM   #164

May 2020

Quote:
I would not worry yet and if it was sent without tracking# they can do nothing. Got mine about a week ago too...

Also got mail on thursday from UK cult cinema label parcel they sent me almost 3 months to me was returned. Something very screwed up at times in international mails..Meanwhile replacements arrived.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:38 AM   #165

Dec 2018

Quote:
My copy of Knife of Ice did turn up over the weekend! Was in transit for a bit over 50 days, probably the longest itís ever taken for a package to arrive, but luckily it turned up with no damage at all! Itís a beautiful release by LCQF, PQ is quite nice, extras are lengthy but unfortunately arenít English friendly except for the trailer. The included CD, while it actually has no music from KOI, is a great compilation of tunes from other Gialli.

A great purchase and Iíll be curious to see how the Severin release stacks up in a couple of weeks.

If anyone is curious about the track listing for the CD, it is:

1- THE LIFE OF A POLICEMAN 2'47" (LA POLIZIA INCRIMINA, LA LEGGE ASSOLVE)
2- BAIE DES ANGES 3'40" (L'ARGENT DU MINISTRE)
3- MIMSY 2'46" (IL PROFUMO DELLA SIGNORA IN NERO)
4- A SHADOW IN THE DARK 2'16" (SETTE SCIALLI DI SETA GIALLA)
5- TOMAS THEME 3'53" (IL CONSIGLIORI)
6- VENTO D'AUTUNNO 2'54" (LA CODA DELLO SCORPIONE)
7- GRIGIO PERLA 3'14" (LA GATTA IN CALORE)
8- LO STRANGOLATORE DI VIENNA - seq. 5 2'37" (LO STRANGOLATORE DI VIENNA)
9- SUOR OMICIDI - SEQ. 9 2'04" (SUOR OMICIDI)
10- IL TUO VIZIO E' UNA STANZA CHIUSA E SOLO IO NE HO LA CHIAVE - SEQ. 17 3'04" (IL TUO VIZIO E' UNA STANZA CHIUSA E SOLO IO NE HO LA CHIAVE)
11- THE REASON OF A JUST WAR 3'00" (ROMA VIOLENTA)
12- NEW YORKÖ ONE NIGHT 2'42" (LO SQUARTATORE DI NEW YORK)
13- THE STORY OF A DREAM 2'30" (THE BIG GAME (LA MACCHINA DELLA VIOLENZA)
14- MAGICO INCONTRO 2'23" (TUTTI I COLORI DEL BUIO)
15- LADY FRANKENSTEIN - SEQ. 9 3'47" (LADY FRANKENSTEIN)
16- ALLA RICERCA DEL PIACERE - seq. 23 2'15" (ALLA RICERCA DEL PIACERE)
17- PERCHE' QUELLE STRANE GOCCE SUL CORPO DI JENNIFER? - SEQ. 26 2'43" (PERCHE' QUELLE STRANE GOCCE SUL CORPO DI JENNIFER?)
18- IL SORRISO DELLA IENA - SEQ. 20 2'15" (IL SORRISO DELLA IENA)
19- LO STRANO VIZIO DELLA SIGNORA WARDH - SEQ. 30 2'06" (LO STRANO VIZIO DELLA SIGNORA WARDH)
20- LOUISE 2'15" (UNA MAGNUM SPECIAL PER TONY SAITTA)
Total 56'17"
Thanks given by:
Aclea (07-17-2020), Sixer (06-30-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 02:53 PM   #166
Expert Member

Aug 2010
-
-
-

how are postal times now that pretty much most of the shops have reopened? haven't really ordered anything online in a couple months to avoid adding to the bother of increased post
Old 07-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #167
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Somewhere in the South
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmario View Post
how are postal times now that pretty much most of the shops have reopened? haven't really ordered anything online in a couple months to avoid adding to the bother of increased post
Where do the live and are buying from ?

In UK everything pretty much back to normal. Only Zoom still seem slow at least for me.

Amazon now let your order pretty much anything for next day delivery with Prime.
Old 07-17-2020, 04:35 PM   #168
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2012

A bit longer than usual in the UK - days rather than weeks - but sending or receiving to Australia is still totally f'ed up - a couple of months for airmail isn't uncommon.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:03 PM   #169
Expert Member

Aug 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
Where do the live and are buying from ?

In UK everything pretty much back to normal. Only Zoom still seem slow at least for me.

Amazon now let your order pretty much anything for next day delivery with Prime.
i guess in the UK and from UK companies
Old 07-17-2020, 05:37 PM   #170
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Bristol, UK

one order from US is very odd. i have had titles from US in max 11 days last 2 months but one title posted 2 weeks ago seems to be stuck leaving heathrow but what is stranger is Royal Mail tracking does not work on the tracking number. normally usps tracking works and as soon as it leaves US it updates to say left origin country but this time no tracking on rm.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #171
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2015
Rhondda United kingdom
United Kingdom

The first half of my Rarewaves order arrived on Wednesday but the other two items that were dispatched at the same time have gone AWOL it seems.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #172
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Almost overnight, US shipping on most in stock items has returned to Amazon.co.uk (and Amazon.de) but the shipping calculator is on the blink. The base shipping charge is £14.38 on most items, but for whatever reason, each additional Blu-ray adds an additional £3.19 to the total shipping charge, so on my attempt to order 14 Blu-rays, I got hit with a £55.85 shipping charge, which in my view is clearly an error. The shipping charges had, of course increased since shipping had returned before, but then such an order of 14 Blu-rays would have shipped for £20-£25 at the most.

An attempt to chat about this was totally unfruitful, with the final response being "you have to pay the shipping fee", before I attempted to escalate to a supervisor. This was early morning UK time, and I was surprised to receive a phone call, in which the somewhat American-sounding agent, who I don't believe was based in the UK and may not have actually been a supervisor, was also unable to explain the excessive shipping charges. She then offered that if I put the order through, she could possibly refund part of the shipping charge. I tried this, but the agent was ultimately unable to adjust the charge and wanted to have another team look into the order later, so because I feared that the order would enter the shipping process with the incorrect shipping charge, I cancelled the order.

I did explain to her that the shipping calculator at Amazon.de seems to be working correctly. There the base shipping charge is proportional to weight/size (it does seem to be over Ä20 on most items) and each additional Blu-ray only adds a nominal amount to the total shipping charge.

I hope Amazon.co.uk gets its US shipping fixed soon.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:38 PM   #173
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2015
Rhondda United kingdom
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
[Show spoiler] Almost overnight, US shipping on most in stock items has returned to Amazon.co.uk (and Amazon.de) but the shipping calculator is on the blink. The base shipping charge is £14.38 on most items, but for whatever reason, each additional Blu-ray adds an additional £3.19 to the total shipping charge, so on my attempt to order 14 Blu-rays, I got hit with a £55.85 shipping charge, which in my view is clearly an error. The shipping charges had, of course increased since shipping had returned before, but then such an order of 14 Blu-rays would have shipped for £20-£25 at the most.

An attempt to chat about this was totally unfruitful, with the final response being "you have to pay the shipping fee", before I attempted to escalate to a supervisor. This was early morning UK time, and I was surprised to receive a phone call, in which the somewhat American-sounding agent, who I don't believe was based in the UK and may not have actually been a supervisor, was also unable to explain the excessive shipping charges. She then offered that if I put the order through, she could possibly refund part of the shipping charge. I tried this, but the agent was ultimately unable to adjust the charge and wanted to have another team look into the order later, so because I feared that the order would enter the shipping process with the incorrect shipping charge, I cancelled the order.

I did explain to her that the shipping calculator at Amazon.de seems to be working correctly. There the base shipping charge is proportional to weight/size (it does seem to be over Ä20 on most items) and each additional Blu-ray only adds a nominal amount to the total shipping charge.

I hope Amazon.co.uk gets its US shipping fixed soon.

So US shipping is working on Amazon.De yes ?

Old 08-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #174
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Parallel Universe View Post
So US shipping is working on Amazon.De yes ?

For the moment, yes, but not on pre-order items and obviously, shipping charges are higher to begin with.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:21 AM   #175
Special Member

Jan 2011

I wondered if it was back since even the surcharge warnings had dropped off Amazon UK pages. But apparently they're still being packed into the back end-but at least they're less now...
Old 08-02-2020, 05:16 PM   #176
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2015
Rhondda United kingdom
20th Century Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrutchy View Post
For the moment, yes, but not on pre-order items and obviously, shipping charges are higher to begin with.
Thanks. Someone was after a German disc of Call Northside 777 and couldn't find anyone that shipped to the US. I'll let them know the good news.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland