Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Godfather Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$28.66
18 hrs ago
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Eureka Seven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Swamp Thing: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Complete Films of Agns Varda (Blu-ray)
$175.67

Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$5.00

Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$16.50

The Outpost (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Ride Your Wave (Blu-ray)
$17.99
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 08-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #18581
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluRayBandito View Post
Like the poster above said: it's only a dollar. lol.
I see so many other users decide what's worth a $1 or not, and my dumba$$ wasted $2 alone this wave on buying doubles of something I already had.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:00 AM   #18582

Dec 2010
on the futon fighting sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbuffguy View Post
I see so many other users decide what's worth a $1 or not, and my dumba$$ wasted $2 alone this wave on buying doubles of something I already had.
Amazingly I can think of less than five times where I have bought doubles and I have bought hundreds of DT titles.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:13 AM   #18583
Power Member

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
The other night I was skimming though his recent videos. I do it in incognito mode because I don't want him popping up on my homepage. I was hoping he was done with DT. He's been buying these 100 DVD lots on eBay for around $45 to $65 to flip back on ebay individually. They are garbage titles that even DT wouldn't want to carry. Even as a hardcore collector with countless thousands of DVDs, I didn't see any DVD I own or anything I would ever want to own even for $1 (let alone $10 + shipping). He has it stuck in his mind that anything sealed has the potential to sell for $10 + shipping or at least have someone send a best offer that's worthwhile. For the physical media lovers in his area I hope he figures out that he is incorrect.

I need a hobby. I looked through his eBay sold listing for the past several weeks and didn't see anything I recognized from DT selling except for that Mike Tyson cartoon season. I'm still confused looking at sold listings to determine if a best offer was accepted or if someone just paid the original asking price. Best offer amounts are not shown on sold listings to the best of my knowledge. I could be wrong.

Quote:
I've been avoiding this guy's videos, but I caved in to watch one. Wow, this dude is ridiculous. Buying multiple copies of movies because he thinks he can flip them for more money. I can't imagine how big his stockpile is.
He gives a tour of his inventory. He was over a thousand titles currently listed on eBay, but he mentions he has much more to list. They're stacked randomly in piles in an unairconditioned shed outside of his Florida home. He mentions how difficult it is to sometimes find sold movies and games in the intense heat.

Sorry in advance to fill the thread with more of this off topic crap. I won't make a habit of it. Although maybe by giving this cliffnotes summary I'll save someone here from watching his videos and adding to his view count. I see he currently has 666 subscribers, which seems appropriate after watching that Shout Factory Omen boxset recently.
Thanks given by:
CrowKiller (08-01-2020), impasse (08-07-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 12:24 PM   #18584
Banned

Feb 2017

Quote:
I've been avoiding this guy's videos, but I caved in to watch one. Wow, this dude is ridiculous. Buying multiple copies of movies because he thinks he can flip them for more money. I can't imagine how big his stockpile is.
If it's the same clown I'm thinking of, he has it all in some shack outside. Baking in the heat and humidity. Also need to stop giving this cancer views or he's going to start getting ad revenue as well. Hopefully one day he gets in a car accident and all those movies go flying and plummet him until he's unconscious. Rather worse, but trying to not look like a total A-hole to people that can't look past this guys buying habits to realize what kind of turd person he actually is on the inside. Sure it's just dollar blus here but who knows how far his greed and selfishness goes. Probably one of those jerk offs that bought loads of TP as well. The way he handles them... he better hope buyers don't watch.

It's one thing randomly finding something in the wild and flipping it in eBay, but it's another to just buy everything up for your own pure greed, leaving real collectors with nothing. Of course most aren't capable of being intellectual/humble enough to make money on eBay like me and not screw everyone else over in the process. To me though, it was just mostly selling my old stuff and just have a little extra money to spend on what I want.

Edit: just realized the poster above me mentioned the shack as well. lol
Thanks given by:
MazeRunner (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 01:52 PM   #18585
Special Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
I ultimately decided not to buy "Bill" but wonder if I should have? I like many BBC programs but they are far from automatic for me. It's all about timing, I suppose. If I hadn't bought so many other titles and books and snacks and drinks already, I'd have likely just taken a chance on it.
I watched it last week and thought it was worth a dollar. I posted a quick review in the DT watch challenge thread:

Bill -- (5/10) -- This is a BBC comedy about the historical beginnings of William Shakespeare. Williams (or Bill in the film) is a hapless member of a lute band who gets kicked out of the group and decides to make his way to London in order to fulfill his new ambition of becoming a writer. At the same time, King Phillip II of Spain has decided to hatch a plot to kill Queen Elizabeth of England. The two plot points converge as expected with some farcical British humor mixed in. Overall, this was pretty good and it features a minor appearance by Damian Lewis. I wasnt familiar with the rest of the cast, but the major players all had several roles in the movie which was entertaining. The humor reminded me of Monty Python (even borrowing from the Bring out your dead scene), although certainly not as well done. There were several special features on the disc, but none are really that interesting. Even though I thought it was mediocre, I could see re-watching it at some point.
Thanks given by:
SonictheHedgehog1337 (08-01-2020), TheBluRayBandito (08-02-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 02:31 PM   #18586
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
This guy might be the biggest idiot I have ever heard. Gems like:

"If you want to make more sales, you have to list more items." This is up there with statements like "the team that scores more points will win the game tonight."

And it's just laughable to think that he is going to get $10 for any of these DT titles. Let's just take American Hangman for example. That is going for $5 new, SHIPPED. Shipping is almost $3 for even media mail, factor in the $1 for the item, then envelope, gas, etc., and you are making maybe $.50 on that title. Maybe.

Honestly, he would probably do better to take his whole lot to Goodwill and claim the tax write-off on wholesale new value, which is more than $1 for certain.

But my best advice to this YTer is simple - get a real f'ing job.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:31 PM   #18587
Power Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKiller View Post
Also need to stop giving this cancer views or he's going to start getting ad revenue as well. Hopefully one day he gets in a car accident and all those movies go flying and plummet him until he's unconscious.
Wow, arent you nice... I agree the guy is kind of a moron for thinking hes going to take his investment in dollar tree movies and multiply it by 10. Just ignore him, he will end up with a shack full of unsold films. But I certainly dont wish any harm on him, even if I lived in his area and wasnt getting films due to his hoarding.
Thanks given by:
LeeFanatic007 (08-01-2020), Leonidas King (08-02-2020), PaulMe (08-01-2020), SonictheHedgehog1337 (08-01-2020), sriley86 (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #18588
Power Member

Aug 2012

I don't wish him any harm either. I just sort of hope the majority of his inventory from DT sits in his shed for years until he has to sell them in lots with each movie working out to less than 10 cents each... before they get disc rot.

This might not be the most popular opinion but if he was just flipping movies that are actually worth flipping, I wouldn't really care (although it would suck hard if lots of people saw it on YouTube, copied, and cleaned out DTs all over the country). Buying up everything in his area for a scheme that doesn't work is what's baffling and annoying.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #18589
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2012
Columbus, Ohio

The closest DT to my house doesn’t have the newest wave yet. She said they rotate between books and dvds and all they had was books right now.

Really hoping to find Focus and a few other blu-rays that I would probably pay $5 for if I didn’t know about DT.

Just a funny factoid: I paid $30 for 50/50 at FYE back when it came out. I’m mad as hell I haven’t watched in 8 years and you can find it for a $1 now.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (08-02-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #18590
Blu-ray Knight

May 2015

I watched this last weekend.

It's a fun romantic comedy. Definitely R-rated and raunchy. Good cast. I watched the DVD rather than the SD digital copy. It has some decent features on it as well. Shows how the three leads really have naturally good chemistry.
Thanks given by:
Britnasty (08-01-2020), TheBluRayBandito (08-02-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 03:30 PM   #18591

Jul 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
Honestly, he would probably do better to take his whole lot to Goodwill and claim the tax write-off on wholesale new value, which is more than $1 for certain.

Whats the going rate for that? Is it per blu ray or Title? Does it have to be sealed? I know I'm going to need extra deductions next year.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #18592

Dec 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixmahn View Post
Whats the going rate for that? Is it per blu ray or Title? Does it have to be sealed? I know I'm going to need extra deductions next year.
My guess is he could only honestly write off the cost of what he paid for the stuff.

Plus mileage and other expenses.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:11 PM   #18593

Jun 2018

I recently got two Echo Bridge BD movies from one DT store's leftovers. One is Blitz and the other is Ninja/Ninja II Double Feature. Blitz was first released by Millennium with 2.35:1 aspect ratio and some special features. However the Echo Bridge version has 1.78:1 aspect ratio and no special features.

The first screenshot was from this site's review of the Millennium BD and the second one was from the Echo Bridge version's screen grab. While they are not the same frame, the aspect ratio difference is still quite obvious:

Ninja also has the same problem of a different aspect ratio (1.78:1)from the previous Millennium release (2.40:1).

I blame myself for not checking out the correct aspect ratio info before buying and I'll avoid Echo Bridge titles no matter how much they cost in the future.

Last edited by DataSync; 08-01-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Thanks given by:
arob (08-01-2020), G_MOVIES (08-01-2020), robtadrian (08-02-2020), SonictheHedgehog1337 (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 05:27 PM   #18594

Mar 2017
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuffTX View Post
I watched this last weekend.

It's a fun romantic comedy. Definitely R-rated and raunchy. Good cast. I watched the DVD rather than the SD digital copy. It has some decent features on it as well. Shows how the three leads really have naturally good chemistry.
DT has had several Imogen Poots movies.

Nic Cage
Steven Seagal
Dolph Lundgren
Chuck Norris
Imogen Poots
Thanks given by:
SonictheHedgehog1337 (08-02-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #18595

Jul 2020

I watched the video of guy buying to resell.Am I the only one annoyed that he threw them all on the car floor?I wanted to jump through the screen to stop him on principle.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:02 PM   #18596
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
Albany NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorxtreme View Post
I watched the video of guy buying to resell.Am I the only one annoyed that he threw them all on the car floor?I wanted to jump through the screen to stop him on principle.
It's not like they are eggs or bananas lol.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:43 PM   #18597
Blu-ray Knight

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataSync View Post
I recently got two Echo Bridge BD movies from one DT store's leftovers. One is Blitz and the other is Ninja/Ninja II Double Feature. Blitz was first released by Millennium with 2.35:1 aspect ratio and some special features. However the Echo Bridge version has 1.78:1 aspect ratio and no special features.

The first screenshot was from this site's review of the Millennium BD and the second one was from the Echo Bridge version's screen grab. While they are not the same frame, the aspect ratio difference is still quite obvious:

[Show spoiler]

Ninja also has the same problem of a different aspect ratio (1.78:1)from the previous Millennium release (2.40:1).

I blame myself for not checking out the correct aspect ratio info before buying and I'll avoid Echo Bridge titles no matter how much they cost in the future
I got the Millennium release of Blitz from Dollar Tree in April 2018.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:57 PM   #18598
Special Member

Jan 2019

The Canadian version from Maple Studios of Blitz has also been at Dollar Tree (which is what I found). It's 2.35:1
Old 08-01-2020, 08:16 PM   #18599

Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuffTX View Post
I got the Millennium release of Blitz from Dollar Tree in April 2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuge1 View Post
The Canadian version from Maple Studios of Blitz has also been at Dollar Tree (which is what I found). It's 2.35:1
Thanks for your info, and just my luck to find the worst EB version in my local store. I find it ridiculous that the Echo Bridge version of Blitz is currently sold on Amazon at a much higher price than that of the Millennium version.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (08-02-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 08:16 PM   #18600
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Josh View Post
Let's just take American Hangman for example. That is going for $5 new, SHIPPED. Shipping is almost $3 for even media mail, factor in the $1 for the item, then envelope, gas, etc., and you are making maybe $.50 on that title. Maybe.
He is constantly mispronouncing titles too. He says "American Highwaymen" like whaaaat. How do you get that from Hangman

I noticed he got one copy of The Family which I've yet to see mentioned here yet.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals