Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.00
19 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$22.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 10-12-2019, 01:56 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama
Default If you could go back...

in time to a time and place in your life and live through it again...but as an adult..where/when would it be? it has to be within your timeline and within your life.

for me, i'd go back to the 80s. the music back then was some of the coolest, imo. and i'd love to be able to go out to clubs back then when all that awesome 80s synthwave and electro music was being played in the clubs. i did the whole club scene in the 90s, and it was awesome. but i'd love to be able to go back to the 80s as an adult and do it during those years. i bet it was just as fun.

so...what about you?
Old 10-12-2019, 03:25 AM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

I'd wanna go back to 2002-2005 with a video camera so that I could have footage of some things that I grew up with. Having my own personal video footage of some of the video and retail stores that I used to go to as a kid would be priceless to me. Looking back over 15+ years later and so many memories feel like they've become dreams or something that I imagined happening in the past. Video footage would cement it and give me something to visually look back upon, rather than only in my head. I'm way too nostalgic for someone in their 20's.
Thanks given by:
Infrared Sight (10-12-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 04:07 AM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Mid-80s, so I could appreciate the music, movies and fashions from the perspective of my parents.
Old 10-12-2019, 05:28 AM   #4
Power Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Why would I want to go back? Are there things that I wish I would have done differently? Absolutely, but I learned from those experiences and they helped to shape who I am. If I were to go back to do something differently, how many other things change...even though I didn't want them to.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:04 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
Why would I want to go back? Are there things that I wish I would have done differently? Absolutely, but I learned from those experiences and they helped to shape who I am. If I were to go back to do something differently, how many other things change...even though I didn't want them to.
didn't say anything about going back and changing things...just experiencing something as an adult that you originally experienced (or maybe even missed) as a child. like if you were too young to see a certain movie when it first came out at the theaters, you could go back and see it in a theater as an adult. something like that.

that's why i put i'd like to experience all the music and vibes from the 80s as an adult in the clubs.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:49 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

The 80s for sure since I was a child at the time and didn't get to experience it as a teen or adult.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #7
Power Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
didn't say anything about going back and changing things...just experiencing something as an adult that you originally experienced (or maybe even missed) as a child. like if you were too young to see a certain movie when it first came out at the theaters, you could go back and see it in a theater as an adult. something like that.

that's why i put i'd like to experience all the music and vibes from the 80s as an adult in the clubs.
To put it simply, I'm thinking Back To The Future terms.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:21 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
In the U.S.A.

There are days I wouldn't mind going back to 2007-08, I could've done something more productive with my life rather than taking on the responsibility of another lifeform which everyone around me said was stupid (I ignored them btw). I probably would've joined the Air Force and went to college instead of working 2 jobs for shit pay and living in a shitty neighborhood in a crime ridden city. Then again, the experiences I had probably shaped me better than the military/college life ever could've done.

FWIW, I have no real regrets.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #9
Special Member

Jul 2009
ʞ∩ ǝɥ┴

I’d love to go back to certain periods of my earlier life and re-right the mistakes I made, but there have been so many I wouldn’t know which one to choose! I think many of us have replayed those awful moments in our head wishing we could turn back time, usually when we’re laying in bed desperate to get to sleep.

If I could revisit a time of my life as an adult though, it would probably be the mid to late 70s, when I was still a pup. I’d like to experience driving on the UK roads with only a fraction of the insane amount of traffic we have now, and visit all the places that I’ve now been to, to see what they were like 40 odd years ago.

Not sure what car I’d choose to experience it in though?!
Old 10-13-2019, 01:46 PM   #10

Jun 2019

Fun answer: I'd go back to the early 90's just to see Terminator 2 in theaters and just repeat the opening day over and over again.

Serious answer:........ maybe the summer trips to my godfather's cabin in Maine as a kid. If we can expand the question to things we'd change... I'd tried to prevent the 9/11 attacks, I'd probably only go as far as being able to tell authorities but anything at all for even a slight chance that it could be diverted.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:44 PM   #11
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

I'd give ANYTHING to go back to 1981 (I was 8) and just walk around Times Square and take in all the grime Are we allowed to bring modern tech back with us? I'd bring my Canon camcorder and take lots of video. Just to be able to experience that as an adult would blow my mind.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:39 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I'm way too nostalgic for someone in their 20's.
I'm in my mid 20's and I'm right there with you. I try not to live in the past, but I find myself thinking about my past a lot and wishing I could relive it. I was lucky enough to have a great childhood. I miss everything about it.
Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #13
Special Member

Oct 2006

Probably too much for this forum

Last edited by ay221; 10-14-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:13 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post
I'm in my mid 20's and I'm right there with you. I try not to live in the past, but I find myself thinking about my past a lot and wishing I could relive it. I was lucky enough to have a great childhood. I miss everything about it.
Plenty of people feel nostalgic by then. It's a huge change of pace when you're out of college and have to live in the 'real world'. I kind of hit a big depression when I was out of school since it was all I ever really knew until then. And I still miss that experience a lot. It's kind of tough passing by my old university each week and not being apart of that scene anymore. And I feel the same way about high school or at least the years where I was most active and put myself out there. So I was definitely already in a very 'nostalgic' state of mind at that point both with life experiences and the pop culture that I grew up with.

Last edited by meremortal; 10-14-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:10 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Since being born in the 80s I would love to have been older to appreciate it more with my favorite artists and movies instead of discovering them later.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat