Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

Shazam / Aquaman 2-Film Bundle (iTunes)
$24.98

Blade Runner 2049 (iTunes)
$7.99

Fever Pitch (iTunes)
$4.99
3 hrs ago
The Aviator (iTunes)
$4.99

Black Mass (iTunes)
$4.99

The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford (iTunes)
$4.99

Hacksaw Ridge (iTunes)
$4.99

A Beautiful Mind (iTunes)
$4.99

Mad Max: Fury Road (iTunes)
$7.99

Holmes & Watson / Step Brothers / Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (iTunes)
$19.99

Amadeus (iTunes)
$4.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 10-25-2019, 09:45 PM   #1

Feb 2014
Default Porting movies between FandangoNOW and Vudu that are not in MA

Is there a way I can port movies between Vudu and FandangoNOW? Basically movies from Paramount, Lionsgate, basically studios that do not use Movies Anywhere?

All of my Paramount and Lionsgate movies are in Vudu, however I just recently started using FandangoNOW after discovering how much more vibrant and colorful the 4K picture quality looks over there compared to Vudu and MA.

----

On a sidenote, is there a digital service with better picture quality than FandangoNOW? I haven't used Google Play nor Amazon Video.

Last edited by jordanstine; 10-25-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:51 PM   #2

Aug 2010
California

When Ultraviolet was around a movie from those studios that was bought on vudu transferred to fandangonow and vice versa, so when I got Trading Places or Beverly hills cop on vudu they went to fandangonow, when i redeemed my digital copies of John wick 1 and 2 on vudu they also transferred to fandangonow. Only Star trek 2 UHD didn't go from fandangonow to vudu as that one wasn't ultraviolet.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:12 PM   #3

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulscul View Post
When Ultraviolet was around a movie from those studios that was bought on vudu transferred to fandangonow and vice versa, so when I got Trading Places or Beverly hills cop on vudu they went to fandangonow, when i redeemed my digital copies of John wick 1 and 2 on vudu they also transferred to fandangonow. Only Star trek 2 UHD didn't go from fandangonow to vudu as that one wasn't ultraviolet.
Yeah, read that UV was able to do that. With no more UV, are there no other alternatives for the time being?
Old 10-25-2019, 11:46 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

There is no way to port any movies from one service to another outside of Movies Anywhere.
Some Paramount or HBO titles will allow you to redeem codes in Vudu or FandangoNow and iTunes which allows for them on both services but those are increasingly rare.
There is a chance more studios and titles will be added to Movies Anywhere but nothing has been announced.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:06 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanstine View Post
All of my Paramount and Lionsgate movies are in Vudu, however I just recently started using FandangoNOW after discovering how much more vibrant and colorful the 4K picture quality looks over there compared to Vudu and MA.

On a sidenote, is there a digital service with better picture quality than FandangoNOW? I haven't used Google Play nor Amazon Video.
AppleTV (iTunes) appears to have the highest max bitrate. I don't have it (yet), but from tests I've seen, it gets excellent results for UHD/HDR playback.

That said, you are right, it seems FN has better UHD playback than Vudu. MA is pretty close, I think, to FN. Vudu is making a few strides to try and improve, but still appears to have the lowest max bitrate. FN and MA appear to have the better adaptive features.

I used "appear" and "seem" because hard info is hard to come by with regards to numbers. But FN claims they don't use compression (they must be, but I think they mean that they don't use the former processing methods that worked well for HD content and low Mps internet service).

I haven't used Amazon for 4K content yet, so can't really comment on that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies