Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.49
1 day ago
Musicals 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.58

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.39

Shrek 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.12

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.21

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

Dynasty 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.86

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 06-01-2021, 11:49 AM   #1201

Mar 2019

I hope & pray Marvel will keep the 3D Blu-ray alive as long as they order expensive conversions. Without 3D the future MCU would also be dead for me. I know, i will never have fun watching a flat MCU movie, knowing there was a cinema showing in perfect 3D.

When the cinemas reopen in Germany next month, we will see the disc announcements as usual on the first day of the cinema release.

Last edited by xootoo; 06-01-2021 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:50 PM   #1202
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xootoo View Post
I hope & pray Marvel will keep the 3D Blu-ray alive as long as they order expensive conversions. Without 3D the future MCU would also be dead for me. I know, i will never have fun watching a flat MCU movie, knowing there was a cinema showing in perfect 3D.

When the cinemas reopen in Germany next month, we will see the disc announcements as usual on the first day of the cinema release.
I mean, this is just insane. lol.

I'm hoping with more and more big TVs entering houses (I feel like many people will have 85 inchers soon and more and more 100+ inch tvs will be entering houses) 3D will make a come back at home with 8K TVs.

We'll see!
Thanks given by:
8traxrule (06-03-2021), randomletterboxd (06-02-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 04:50 PM   #1203

Mar 2019

Seen the "Jungle Cruise" Trailer and thought this one is "made for 3D".

I will be very, very disappointed and mad when there is no 3D Blu-ray end of the day...

In case it turns out that Disney stopped 3D blu-ray completely this year. Then it would be more than a easy way for them to show the 3D versions of "Mulan", "Soul", "Raya"... in HOU 3D format on Disney Plus. With the option to enable the 3D movies as shown below there would be no uncertainty or annoyance to people without 3D hardware/interest in 3D content while scrolling through the Disney+ catalogue.

They tell/think Disney+ ist the next big thing & non plus ultra streaming service. So why not give us a 3D option?

Thanks given by:
8traxrule (06-07-2021), jtchance (06-07-2021)
Old 06-07-2021, 06:07 PM   #1204

Aug 2011

So is Frozen II going to be the final Disney 3D blu-ray?
Onward and The Rise of Skywalker were released earlier in the same month. I don't recall anything else coming out since Frozen II.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:21 PM   #1205
Expert Member

Nov 2014

A pretty horrible note to go out on if so.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:50 PM   #1206

Aug 2011

And if I recall correctly, I think the original Frozen was the first Disney 3D animated movie not released in the US on home video in 3D. Sort of ironic if true.
Old 06-08-2021, 05:03 AM   #1207
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

There hasn't been much opportunity yet for more releases. Not very many movies released last year and even less were available in 3D in theaters. I'd say wait to see what happens once movies start releasing in 3D again theatrically.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:08 AM   #1208

Dec 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanflynn View Post
I hate to say it, but I honestly think itís only a matter of time before Pixar movies arenít released in 3D period. Even in theaters. Itís a dying market to begin with and considering both Soul and Luca skipped/will skip theaters in most markets, they may not want to invest in 3D on future films in case more movies go straight to Disney+ if theaters arenít back to normal next year.
At the local theater here the mgmt would rarely play 3D films citing that they don't make any money.

Isn't regular blu-ray media considered a legacy product now favoring digital streaming?
Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM   #1209

Sep 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by xootoo View Post
In case it turns out that Disney stopped 3D blu-ray completely this year. Then it would be more than a easy way for them to show the 3D versions of "Mulan", "Soul", "Raya"... in HOU 3D format on Disney Plus. With the option to enable the 3D movies as shown below there would be no uncertainty or annoyance to people without 3D hardware/interest in 3D content while scrolling through the Disney+ catalogue.
It's already incredibly easy for Disney to make their movies available for home 3D (with extra profit on top). They can just upload the 3D asset to Vudu and add a SKU for $34.99. Couple mouse (no pun) clicks.
MOD discs would be another great option.

Folks, lack of easy isn't what's keeping Disney from delivering home 3D. There's no big hurdle, difficulty or massive expense to overcome. They flat out do not want to sell it to us. Sucks, but there it is.
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #1210
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomfellow View Post
Folks, lack of easy isn't what's keeping Disney from delivering home 3D. There's no big hurdle, difficulty or massive expense to overcome. They flat out do not want to sell it to us. Sucks, but there it is.
Agreed.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Tags
3d blu-ray, disney, live action, pinocchio, rumour, zemeckis