Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Rocketman 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.50
56 min ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$74.94

The Transformers: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
1 day ago
The Revenant 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
6 hrs ago
Annabelle Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
2 hrs ago
Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$70.97
1 day ago
Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Godzilla vs. Kong / Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$32.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-11-2021, 06:26 PM   #1

Sep 2016
Greatest Country On Earth (RIP 1776-2021)
USA [Question] Casetopia Processing Times

(If this is the wrong part of the forum for this, I apologize. Please feel free to move it where it belongs.)

I was curious if anyone with experience ordering from Casetopia could chime in about his experience with their shipping times. I previously placed an order in 2019, and their service was prompt and I had my cases in less than two weeks. On Dec. 12, 2020, I placed another order for around 25 cases, all of which were in stock at the time. A week later, I sent an email asking if there was a rough shipping estimate or any kind of idea of how well things were processing. It's now Jan. 11, I haven't received a reply and my order is still "processing." Is that normal?

Edit 02.16.21: Solved.

Last edited by avenged110; 02-25-2021 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:47 PM   #2

Feb 2019

I placed several orders through Casetopia over the past year.

My experience is that the order would go into 'processing' quickly, then stay there. I would then email them a courteous note asking about the status. The next day it would ship and arrived in a couple of days.

The gap between when the order went into 'processing' and when I sent the email varied. Sometimes i'd wait a week or two, other times the following day. Regardless, they would ship it the day after I emailed.

I never didn't receive an order. But it seemed as if they always needed a gentle 'push' to continue along.

Once I figured out 'how things work' the stress went away.

Now, your situation seems different, but you also were during the Christmas season when normal doesn't apply.

I would suggest a second email, now that we are past the new year.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:58 AM   #3

Sep 2016
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeickerSr View Post
[Show spoiler]I placed several orders through Casetopia over the past year.

My experience is that the order would go into 'processing' quickly, then stay there. I would then email them a courteous note asking about the status. The next day it would ship and arrived in a couple of days.

The gap between when the order went into 'processing' and when I sent the email varied. Sometimes I'd wait a week or two, other times the following day. Regardless, they would ship it the day after I emailed.

I never didn't receive an order. But it seemed as if they always needed a gentle 'push' to continue along.

Once I figured out 'how things work' the stress went away.

Now, your situation seems different, but you also were during the Christmas season when normal doesn't apply.

I would suggest a second email, now that we are past the new year.
I actually didn't mention it because it seemed superfluous, but I had also sent an email a week after my first order in 2019, and they quickly replied and shipped the next day. That's why I was a little concerned this time around when they didn't even reply (ftr I wasn't expecting a reply until after the new year). But that is interesting to know that it's just "business as usual" for them. Thank you for the reply! I'll send off a second inquiry.

Update 02.12: Sent a second email inquiry on 01.12, still have yet to hear back or have my items ship...

Last edited by avenged110; 02-12-2021 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 03:23 AM   #4

May 2017

I am the same

On 16 December 2020 I ordered a bunch of cases. My C/C was charged on 18 December.
I've never received a shipping notice, and despite me sending them 2 emails asking about the current status I have not yet received a reply.

It's entirely possible that my order may turn up (I am in Australia) but it's 8 weeks since I sent the order.

I suppose if the order was sent by surface mail it may turn up any day now, but ..............

Steve in Australia
Old 02-11-2021, 05:22 PM   #5
Expert Member

Oct 2010

That's why I don't order from them. I order from "megadiscstorecom" on ebay instead. The prices are similar and I always get my order within one to two weeks. I've made between 5 to 10 orders over the last few years and the service is consistently excellent. I only order Viva Elite Blu-ray cases.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:12 PM   #6

May 2017

Thanks for the tip smithb - I'll keep it in mind

And wouldn't you know it - after my 3rd email to Casetopia regarding my order, I got a shipping notice! It'll be interesting to see what's in the package when and if it arrives

Steve in Australia
Old 02-12-2021, 11:24 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2019
South Florida

I stopped ordering from them after all the fiascoes I read about.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:31 PM   #8

Sep 2016
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope55 View Post
Thanks for the tip smithb - I'll keep it in mind

And wouldn't you know it - after my 3rd email to Casetopia regarding my order, I got a shipping notice! It'll be interesting to see what's in the package when and if it arrives.
Thanks for the replies. I sent them a third email this morning to see if that's the magic number, hah. Let's see if they even acknowledge it.

Edit: Received a reply in less than 10 minutes lol. Apparently the payment 'did not go through' (their problem, card works fine for everything else) and they had no intention of telling me.

Last edited by avenged110; 02-16-2021 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:48 PM   #9

Feb 2010

Wondering what people's recent experiences have been. I ordered something back on May 11th but haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything. E-mailed them 5 days ago, no response yet.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:15 PM   #10
Special Member

Jul 2015
Flat earth, upper Left hand Corner:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithb View Post
That's why I don't order from them. I order from "megadiscstorecom" on ebay instead. The prices are similar and I always get my order within one to two weeks. I've made between 5 to 10 orders over the last few years and the service is consistently excellent. I only order Viva Elite Blu-ray cases.
Casetopia is far cheaper, Ive purchased hundreds of viva Elite Blu-ray cases. They don't email shipping confirmation all the time but I've never had anything NOT show up and while I have had to wait a little while for one shipment most of mine have come within an exceptable time frame from today's slow USPS delivery times
Old 05-29-2021, 11:38 PM   #11

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPV123 View Post
Wondering what people's recent experiences have been. I ordered something back on May 11th but haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything. E-mailed them 5 days ago, no response yet.
Well, decided to e-mail after making this post and my order has finally shipped, 18 days after ordering... Which means, given how slow USPS has been, probably will be another 1.5-2 weeks to receive. It'd be one thing if this was free shipping but I paid nearly $10 because I was only getting a few cases.

Next time will just go on ebay.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:16 AM   #12
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip c. Niethe View Post
Casetopia is far cheaper, Ive purchased hundreds of viva Elite Blu-ray cases. They don't email shipping confirmation all the time but I've never had anything NOT show up and while I have had to wait a little while for one shipment most of mine have come within an exceptable time frame from today's slow USPS delivery times
I've probably ordered around a 100 cases from MegaDiskStore. I don't know what types of orders you make, but definitely not true based on my purchases.

I recently made two separate orders:
- 10 pack of Viva Elite 5 disk cases
- 10 pack of Viva Elite 10 disk cases

At MegaDiskStore they came to $35.99 and $53.99 shipped
At Casetopia they would have come to $39.00 and $60.40 shipped

That's over 10% more at Casetopia. MegaDiskStore includes shipping in the initial pricing, while Casetopia adds $11+ for shipping at checkout.

I don't purchases mixed sets of cases, only cases in 5 to 10 packs, and I have found MegaDiskStore not only cheaper but more reliable on delivery for the types of orders I make.
Thanks given by:
Phillip c. Niethe (05-30-2021)
Old 05-30-2021, 11:39 AM   #13
Special Member

Jul 2015
Flat earth, upper Left hand Corner:)

@Smithb, I generally purchase large quantities which makes them cheaper. If your just buying 10 here or there and Megadisc includes the shipping cost into the price then your probably right. I'll re evaluate next time I have to order
Old 06-09-2021, 06:56 PM   #14
Special Member

Apr 2013

I just had to be refunded by paypal because Casetopia never shipped my order or responded to emails.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software