Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$53.06
1 day ago
The Wind Rises (Blu-ray)
$16.19
1 hr ago
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$17.99
8 hrs ago
My Bloody Valentine (Blu-ray)
$17.39
8 hrs ago
Howl's Moving Castle (Blu-ray)
$16.19
6 hrs ago
Pokťmon: Diamond and Pearl 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Halloween (Blu-ray)
$11.99
8 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind (Blu-ray)
$16.19
6 hrs ago
Kiki's Delivery Service (Blu-ray)
$16.19
12 hrs ago
Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$20.99
1 hr ago
Castle in the Sky (Blu-ray)
$16.19
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 06-10-2021, 07:33 PM   #361
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007
Acworth, GA
Send a message via AIM to Croweyes1121

Why’d they stop the other thread? I was really enjoying that discussion over there. Guess someone must’ve derailed it.

Anyway…hoping DD gets the standard sets back in stock next week. I’m patient.
Thanks given by:
WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW (06-11-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 07:42 PM   #362

Jul 2011
Philly, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croweyes1121 View Post
Whyíd they stop the other thread? I was really enjoying that discussion over there. Guess someone mustíve derailed it.

AnywayÖhoping DD gets the standard sets back in stock next week. Iím patient.
I reread the last few pages and nothing stood out. Seemed weird to me.

On the topic of Paramount and Disney, are there any instances where Disney and another studio released DVD/blu sets with movies they shared rights to? I know Star Wars (the original) was owned by FOX and the studios released a few sets before the eventual buyout. Is a 5 movie set that far fetched for Indy?
Old 06-10-2021, 07:59 PM   #363

Jan 2020
Madison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croweyes1121 View Post
Why’d they stop the other thread? I was really enjoying that discussion over there. Guess someone must’ve derailed it.

Anyway…hoping DD gets the standard sets back in stock next week. I’m patient.
Trolls took over. Thread crapping. Repetitive negative comments. Unrelated content posts burying related content posts. Star Wars. Kathleen Kennedy. Disney. Woke. Culture. IJ5. Mods deleted posts, but could not keep up so they locked it. I looked at it before it got locked and there were like 200 posts that got deleted. So yeah, when they say stay on topic and be respectful, they mean it.

Last edited by 314carpenter; 06-10-2021 at 08:05 PM.
Thanks given by:
BobaFrett (06-11-2021), Maxwell Everett (06-10-2021), SpazeBlue (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 07:59 PM   #364

Nov 2012

My set arrived yesterday in great condition. Unfortunately, the disc for Raiders is missing!
Old 06-10-2021, 08:01 PM   #365

Feb 2008
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysmns View Post
My set arrived yesterday in great condition. Unfortunately, the disc for Raiders is missing!
dang
Thanks given by:
Old 06-10-2021, 08:23 PM   #366
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007
Acworth, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysmns View Post
Second or third report Iíve heard on this - Raiders each time. How strange.
Thanks given by:
Old 06-10-2021, 08:30 PM   #367
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007
Acworth, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314carpenter View Post
Trolls took over. Thread crapping. Repetitive negative comments. Unrelated content posts burying related content posts. Star Wars. Kathleen Kennedy. Disney. Woke. Culture. IJ5. Mods deleted posts, but could not keep up so they locked it. I looked at it before it got locked and there were like 200 posts that got deleted. So yeah, when they say stay on topic and be respectful, they mean it.
Thatís a shame. It was a GREAT conversation there for a while.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:33 PM   #368
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314carpenter View Post
I was following that thread all week and missed whatever caused it to be locked. Yes, there was a post that used "woke" and "Kathleen Kennedy" in the same sentence. Otherwise, it had the same amount of kinda-off-topic comments that every single other thread in this forum has. There was talk about the new movie and Ford's age. Then it veered into Star Wars sequels vs prequels as everything must. But, I sure missed whatever was so offensive that it caused it to be locked - again. It has been locked twice and I did not notice a mod explaining why it was locked the first time, so not too sure what is going on. Hopefully, when it's unlocked there will be some notice as to what caused the locking so people can be more careful. Sometimes I can see it coming, but I didn't in this case. It is possible I missed it, but I was checking it pretty regularly.
Thanks given by:
Barry the Nomad (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 08:43 PM   #369

May 2019

I wasn't going to get the steelbook at first because it was way too expensive, but out of impulse I ordered it on Tuesday. I normally pre-order steelbooks, but anyway the steelbook collection was delivered yesterday and when I opened it there were 2 copies of The Last Crusade and no Crystal Skull. I was annoyed and spoke to customer service and they wouldn't send me another copy because they didn't have any in stock. Told me I can pick one up at a store about 40 minutes away from me and send back the other one. I thought about it and I was going to do it and then I realized how pointless it is to go out of my way because of their screw up. So, I chose to cancel the pickup order and get a refund for the entire thing. It honestly wasn't worth wasting gas and wasting 108 bucks on the steelbook collection. I ended up ordering the regular 4k set from Target and used a 25 dollar gift card on it. Also, I wasn't a big fan of the box the steelbooks came in either so I'm happier with the regular set.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:52 PM   #370
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007
Acworth, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawesome87 View Post
when I opened it there were 2 copies of The Last Crusade and no Crystal Skull.
Oh, wow. So what was wrong with it?
Thanks given by:
heavyharmonies (06-12-2021), iamawesome87 (06-11-2021), SonictheHedgehog1337 (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 08:52 PM   #371

Jan 2020
Madison

Just a friendly reminder to everyone.

Forum rules and guidelines
We have a nice group of members and would like to keep it that way. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

These rules apply generally, including thread posts, member reviews of movies and discs, and comments on news items etc.

General rules
No trolling.
Please do not use foul language.
No bashing other members.
No racist remarks or discussion of race or race relations.
Don't threadcrap. In other words don't go into a thread about golfing and post "golf sucks" etc. It's unconstructive and it insults people who like golf.
If you can't contribute anything positive to the thread don't respond at all - just report the post if you think it should be reported.
No post whoring, we have enough posts as it is.
Be careful with using humor as it can be easily misinterpreted.
You are only allowed to discuss religion and politics when it is the main topic of a specific movie. Keep in mind that all people are different and have different beliefs, so be respectful to each other. Stay on topic and make sure what you say is directly related to the movie.
Please do not post the same topic in multiple areas.
You are not allowed to post advertising or engage in any other type of promotion (linking to your own site etc).
You are not allowed to have advertising or advertising links in your signature.
You are not allowed to have a username that's the same as a site, or similar indirect advertising.
For the sole reason of keeping the forums clean and not off-topic, charity is treated as advertising.
If posting a news item, provide quote + a link to where you found the information.
Please do not post a reply in a spam thread. Report the thread and it will be removed as soon as a Mod / Admin is available.
Use the Report Post option via the icon to report any rule violations rather than responding to them directly.
If your only purpose on this forum is to question Blu-ray as a format and bringing negativity to the forum, then you are not welcome.
You are not allowed to discuss how to scam or rip-off stores/retailers.
It is strictly prohibited to discuss websites, techniques, software and any and all methods that can be used to duplicate, acquire or otherwise access copyrighted and copy protected material except via approved methods by the copyright holders (Blu-ray, DVD, iTunes, digital on-disc copies etc). This includes any and all all variations of disc copying software, torrents and any and all technologies that are available or may become available in the future for these purposes. This also includes any other form of illegal or unethical behaviour for example the unauthorised reproduction of copyright material and trademarks. Any breach deemed serious enough will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
Do no troll other sites or encourage other members to troll other sites.
Duplicate accounts are not allowed, only one account per person.
It is strictly forbidden to pretend being a consumer when you are acting on behalf of any business interest. This is also a violation of law in many countries.
Blu-ray.com welcomes participation by reviewers and staff from other home theater sites. However, we ask that such personnel conduct themselves with courtesy and professionalism, just as they would have every reason to expect from our staff if we visited the sites where they work.

Blu-ray.com reserves the right to revoke or deny to anyone for any reason at any time without warning or prior notice access or membership to this site and its public forums.
Thanks given by:
pabloesp (06-11-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #372

Jan 2011

Went to the other thread but it was locked so I thought I'd post here. Don't mean to be off topic, but just wanted to give a heads up: Best Buy worried me with my sold out preorder, so I ordered the regular set off Walmart on Tuesday and I got it today, Thursday. Ymmv, but just wanted to let people know.
Thanks given by:
Old 06-10-2021, 09:32 PM   #373
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007
Acworth, GA

That’s awesome. Still nothing from DD about my standard set. Not even something saying it’d been delayed.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:35 PM   #374

Jan 2020
Madison

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAngel View Post
Went to the other thread but it was locked so I thought I'd post here. Don't mean to be off topic, but just wanted to give a heads up: Best Buy worried me with my sold out preorder, so I ordered the regular set off Walmart on Tuesday and I got it today, Thursday. Ymmv, but just wanted to let people know.
Please post pics. Super rare out in the wild. You will be first here to post them. We have read reports of shipments, but have yet to see physical evidence of receipt of those shipments. My faith is very thin at this point. There have been several random shipping reports, but zero of those reports have resulted in photos of actual US 4K standard sets in the hands of those who posted the reports. I keep hearing things like "regular" or "standard" set, but honestly that could mean anything. On other releases the forums are generally flooded with pics. Only two YT videos so far. Pics, or it did not happen.

Last edited by 314carpenter; 06-10-2021 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:45 PM   #375
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry the Nomad View Post
I prefer the standard set just because it saves some shelf space and fits with the old Young Indy DVD sets. I can totally see a 5 film set in the future, and surely a fifth steelbook that doesn't match the other four.
I donít see a 5 movie box set. Paramount owns the rights to the first 4 and Disney owns the rights to the 5th movie. But Disney and Sony have been playing nice with Spider-Man so who knows there may be a possibility. The only studio they are not getting along with is Universal.
Old 06-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #376
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2007
USA

I wasn't planning to get the steelbooks either as I have the superior Zavvi ones and was planning to get the standard 4k to just put the 4ks discs in the zavvi steelbooks and the blu-rays in the standard 4k case, plus I like the poster, but I caved in for the BB set instead. I haven't opened them yet but hope I don't have any issues as people have been reporting that the Raiders disc is missing or that they got two Last Crusades and no KOTCS
Old 06-10-2021, 10:22 PM   #377
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Has it even been explained why Jones hates Nazi’s or is it just cause their Nazi’s?
Old 06-10-2021, 10:24 PM   #378
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Has it even been explained why Jones hates Naziís or is it just cause their Naziís?
This is one of the most 2021 questions I've ever seen, lol.
Thanks given by:
bongozoid (06-11-2021), chad_1138 (06-10-2021), El Rey (06-11-2021), kwisatzhaderach (06-11-2021), SpazeBlue (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 10:27 PM   #379
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_breeze View Post
This is one of the most 2021 questions I've ever seen, lol.
I just never knew if there was a reason for it or not.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:39 PM   #380
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
I just never knew if there was a reason for it or not.
Nope. They're just bad guys by definition. When they wrote that line in 1989, they were counting on the fact that everyone should naturally hate Nazis... but unfortunately it's no longer a given in our modern world. Also, if it had been a modern movie, they would have HAD to provide a backstory and probably a flashback, 'cuz it seems like there are no longer characters in modern movies with likes/dislikes or character foibles of any kind without a massive amount of spoon-fed explaining from their troubled past. This is hyperbole on my part, of course... but not by much.
Thanks given by:
bongozoid (06-11-2021), Croweyes1121 (06-11-2021), WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW (06-11-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks