Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
4 hrs ago
The Suicide Squad 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
3 hrs ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
2 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
12 hrs ago
The Bourne Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$16.99
2 hrs ago
No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Halloween Kills 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Zack Snyder's Justice League (Blu-ray)
$7.99
55 min ago
Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Dragons Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-17-2021, 11:00 PM   #341
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth
Default Fireplace in

This is a 42 inch electric fireplace with remote recessed in wall. Small gap at top…..had to guess when doing construction but will camouflage later
Old 12-17-2021, 11:08 PM   #342
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth
Default Theater Construction Completed

After 18 months 15 days the theater construction is done! Total cost about $14500.00. Still half of what I was quoted.

Been a long journey. Now the clean up begins and then all my new gear will be ready for show time.

So big question is was it worth it? Honest answer……yes, but at times frustrating.

Nothing will be perfect, have to learn to accept flaws and compromises.

I learned what I can do with the right tools and vision. Had to learn to walk away for times though. I have solace knowing I have safe electrical and code is meant.

Would I do it again? Depends how old I am at the time.

Thanks to everyone that commented and to Gates 70 . Glad we had are builds going at the same time. Was nice to know someone was feeling the exact same way I was at times.

The End.

Last edited by sonic_debauchery; 12-18-2021 at 01:34 PM.
Thanks given by:
gates70 (12-18-2021), happydood (01-05-2022), idlebrain (12-21-2021), reanimator (12-18-2021), roar (01-04-2022)
Old 12-18-2021, 06:27 PM   #343
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_debauchery View Post

After 18 months 15 days the theater construction is done! Total cost about $14500.00. Still half of what I was quoted.

Been a long journey. Now the clean up begins and then all my new gear will be ready for show time.

So big question is was it worth it? Honest answer……yes, but at times frustrating.

I learned what I can do with the right tools and vision. Had to learn to walk away for times though. I have solace knowing I have safe electrical and code is meant.

Thanks to everyone that commented and to Gates 70 . Glad we had are builds going at the same time. Was nice to know someone was feeling the exact same way I was at times.

The End.
Wow man, that looks amazing, wow! Can't wait to see after the cleanup and with all the gear. Also can't wait to hear your impressions on sound and all that since I think I remember you getting new gear (ugh, my memory has been failing of late). Getting old lol

Yeah was cool to do it at the same time. Now thinking back on would I do it again, sure, if it was my own. Wouldn't want to do all that work as a daily job or anything. It was fulfilling to do it myself and a contractor would of cut corners.
Old 12-20-2021, 12:58 AM   #344
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
Wow man, that looks amazing, wow! Can't wait to see after the cleanup and with all the gear. Also can't wait to hear your impressions on sound and all that since I think I remember you getting new gear (ugh, my memory has been failing of late). Getting old lol

Yeah was cool to do it at the same time. Now thinking back on would I do it again, sure, if it was my own. Wouldn't want to do all that work as a daily job or anything. It was fulfilling to do it myself and a contractor would of cut corners.
Thanks I appreciate it.

Agreed. Yes I have some new gear and some gear that was purchased years ago, but never used for long.
Thanks given by:
gates70 (12-21-2021)
Old 01-04-2022, 12:58 PM   #345
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:

The End.
Congrats, it was fun to follow along. I'm not sure a theatre will ever be 'done-done' and you'll always notice things others won't but having built a couple of theatres for myself now, the more hands on I was the more I enjoyed it. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show, you deserve it!
Old 01-04-2022, 09:22 PM   #346
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
Congrats, it was fun to follow along. I'm not sure a theatre will ever be 'done-done' and you'll always notice things others won't but having built a couple of theatres for myself now, the more hands on I was the more I enjoyed it. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show, you deserve it!
Thanks, ya your right, already doing another project. I enjoyed this but knew when to walk away. No pictures of gear yet because My Anthem took a crapper.

Complete hdmi board failure. Will never buy an Anthem product again! They are costly and mine didn’t last long.

Had my last Denon (Japan) for 15 years. Last Onkyo 818 was good to. Pioneer for 7.

Maybe an Onkyo RZ 50 in my future, now that they have Dirac.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:16 AM   #347
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Thanks, ya your right, already doing another project. I enjoyed this but knew when to walk away. No pictures of gear yet because My Anthem took a crapper.

Complete hdmi board failure. Will never buy an Anthem product again! They are costly and mine didn’t last long.

Had my last Denon (Japan) for 15 years. Last Onkyo 818 was good to. Pioneer for 7.

Maybe an Onkyo RZ 50 in my future, now that they have Dirac.
I feel your pain, I took a step up the quality ladder with an Integra processor,l once and a couple of months in the HDMI board went on it too. No fun… mine was rock solid after the repair but it took the shine off a nice new piece of kit that’s for sure.
Thanks given by:
sonic_debauchery (01-05-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 03:24 PM   #348
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth

Hooke up my cheap Sony for checks. No issues. Unequivocally hdmi board failure on my Anthem.

Good thing I ordered an Onkyo RZ 50.

Goodbye Anthem!
Old 01-26-2022, 04:59 PM   #349

Jun 2010

Nicely done!
Thanks given by:
sonic_debauchery (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 02:13 AM   #350
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth

Turns out it wasn’t the hdmi board on my mrx 720, but the play fi board. Paradigm only charged me half for the labor. Board was $300 and shipping back plus tax plus shipping there. $600.

New RZ 50 won’t arrive until late February. Contemplating on keeping my Anthem?
Old 01-27-2022, 03:32 AM   #351
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

I'm confused (it happens a lot), your gallery says its 'done' but it doesn't appear to be done.

??
Old 01-27-2022, 11:52 AM   #352
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth

Construction is done.

I have been trying to get my gear hooked up since completion, but ran into snags. Mrx 720 failed, bought a replacement but due to chip shortage it is delayed to late February.

Paradigms customer service is outstanding I have to say.
Sanus the same. It’s nice to see companies that still care.

My projector mount is up, but waiting on Sanus to deliver two more extender arms.

Once completed a new gallery will be posted. 2021 and 2022 are the waiting years too me!

I like to communicate with Bluray members since I made this forum piece to hopefully guide people and show what someone with basic knowledge can accomplish.

I hope that answers your question?
Old 03-24-2022, 10:58 AM   #353
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Earth

Still waiting on my Onkyo RZ50. Was told end of March, now end of April.

……..Still waiting.
Thanks given by:
concolt (05-05-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction