Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Invasion of the Body Snatchers 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.85
35 min ago
No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Venom: Let There Be Carnage 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Menace II Society 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Free Guy 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Krampus 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Summer of 84 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.13
19 hrs ago
A Clockwork Orange 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Black Widow 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.00
16 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Zack Snyder's Justice League Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$55.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 10-28-2021, 04:09 AM   #2521
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2019
On the move

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDeviantGuy View Post
Doesn't matter, they should do it.
It doesn't matter whether or not they have the rights? Of course it does. If they don't have the rights, they can't release it.
Old 10-28-2021, 04:32 AM   #2522

Sep 2011

To be clear, I agree that the unrated cut is the superior film, and that it is disappointing that this release doesnít contain that. That being said, the optimist in me hopes that if this sells well enough, steps will be taken to finally release it. Until then, Iím happy with the 4k, and I still have the Kinowelt dvd.
Old 10-28-2021, 04:32 AM   #2523

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Paramount acquired a stake in the company that literally owns the movie, so if Miramax don't have the "master" then nobody does. But people gotta keep in mind that there has not been a release of the unrated version on US soil for 24 years, not since the director's cut LaserDisc in 1997 (or a year later for the DTS disc if people want to get really picky), so why people thought or even just hoped that this latest edition would be unrated is kinda baffling to me. For whatever reasons Miramax just aren't interested. The notation on LDDB suggests that the unrated edition was nixed for DVD because Disnee (who owned Dimension/Miramax at that time) didn't want to release anything unrated, yet they were happy enough to release an unrated LD. Hmmm.
The laserdisc of "Scream" was licensed and distributed by Image Entertainment (it notes such on the back of the cover), which I believe is why the unrated cut got released on laserdisc and not through Disney on DVD (though the unrated footage ended up on the sell-through, pan and scan VHS version).
Old 10-28-2021, 05:03 AM   #2524

Oct 2021
Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
why people thought or even just hoped that this latest edition would be unrated is kinda baffling to me.
Why are you baffled that people would still desire to see the unrated version? Is it really that baffling?
Thanks given by:
ThatDeviantGuy (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 05:36 AM   #2525

Feb 2016
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazeBlue View Post
It doesn't matter whether or not they have the rights? Of course it does. If they don't have the rights, they can't release it.
That's really close minded thinking, they are a big studio who can work things like that out easily. Indie companies do this all the time
Thanks given by:
mustardsalad (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 05:45 AM   #2526

Oct 2021
Colorado

I'm starting the think the real problem is, this movie is still just a bit too new and too mainstream for a boutique Blu-ray company to get ahold of it and release it the way fans want. Were this an obscure '80s horror flick, Arrow or Scream would've already picked this up, found a way to obtain the Unrated master and release a 2-disc'er, with a Theatrical cut on one, the Unrated on the other, with lots of special feature goodies.

Hell, Friday the 13th: Part II had a special feature of the cut scenes that people thought had been lost forever, but someone found a tape of it decades later. We know with this Unrated Scream cut that there's at least a DVD resolution cut out there that exists. It's not that crazy or entitled that people were hoping, or at least wanting, the Unrated cut that we saw multiple times on VHS to end up on what's called a 25th Anniversary edition. I won't be gaslit for still wanting to see that. Rights issues don't magically make people's desire to see a certain cut of a movie go away. That's not how brains work.

Last edited by mustardsalad; 10-28-2021 at 05:57 AM.
Thanks given by:
elgee (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 05:55 AM   #2527
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2019
On the move

Quote:
That's really close minded thinking, they are a big studio who can work things like that out easily. Indie companies do this all the time
Maybe they tried and it didn't work out. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
Were this an obscure '80s horror flick, Arrow or Scream would've already picked this up, found a way to obtain the Unrated master and release a 2-disc'er, with a Theatrical cut on one, the Unrated on the other, with lots of special feature goodies.
Eh, since the Unrated footage only adds up to like 30 seconds, they easily could just put both versions on one disc with branching.
Thanks given by:
BluZone (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 05:57 AM   #2528
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2016

Skweem 4K looks pretty good but it peaks early, folks:

Thanks given by:
BluZone (10-28-2021), MazeRunner (10-28-2021), MikeH5856 (11-06-2021), SpazeBlue (11-30-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 06:50 AM   #2529
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2016

Good luck to everyone who ordered from Target.com, they ship in plastic bags with no protection.
Thanks given by:
dtyndall (10-28-2021), flyry (10-29-2021), RevolverOcelScott (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 07:14 AM   #2530

Sep 2015
Glendale Heights, IL

Quote:
I'm starting the think the real problem is, this movie is still just a bit too new and too mainstream for a boutique Blu-ray company to get ahold of it and release it the way fans want. Were this an obscure '80s horror flick, Arrow or Scream would've already picked this up, found a way to obtain the Unrated master and release a 2-disc'er, with a Theatrical cut on one, the Unrated on the other, with lots of special feature goodies.
Arrow and Scream Factory have released plenty of genre and mainstream films much newer than Scream like Donnie Darko, Pitch Black, Ring, House on Haunted Hill, Thirteen Ghosts, Event Horizon, John Carpenter's Vampires, The Strangers, The Babadook, Urban Legend, Valentine, and Scream Factory even released The Craft which came out the same year as Scream with several of the same lead actors.

Last edited by Nick Michalak; 10-28-2021 at 07:19 AM.
Thanks given by:
ThatDeviantGuy (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 07:39 AM   #2531

Sep 2011

Quote:

Hell, Friday the 13th: Part II had a special feature of the cut scenes that people thought had been lost forever, but someone found a tape of it decades later. We know with this Unrated Scream cut that there's at least a DVD resolution cut out there that exists. It's not that crazy or entitled that people were hoping, or at least wanting, the Unrated cut that we saw multiple times on VHS to end up on what's called a 25th Anniversary edition. I won't be gaslit for still wanting to see that. Rights issues don't magically make people's desire to see a certain cut of a movie go away. That's not how brains work.
No one is gaslighting you whatsoever. This is a conversation that has been had many times before in this very thread! Also, not one person is telling you that your desire to see the unrated cut is wrong, itís a view that many of us share. Would I like to see the unrated cut given the love and respect it deserves? Yes! Is it annoying that it isnít on this release? Also yes! Will I still buy it? You guessed it, yes!

The fact of the matter is that Paramount didnít deign to (or couldnít) source the cut this time around. If you donít like that, thatís totally fine. No one is forcing you to buy it. Your indignation is doing nothing other than raising your blood pressure at this point.
Thanks given by:
SpazeBlue (11-30-2021), TenYearLurker (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 08:14 AM   #2532

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicksvapor77 View Post
Can others that have the 4K release help me confirm - do you also hear a weird audio glitch on the Scream title card right before the picture credits at the end?

It sounds like it's sped up or maybe skips a note in "Whisper to a Scream." Is this glitch new to this release?

Here's a video of the sound, right is it goes to black and before David Arquette's credit comes up
https://streamable.com/tnqahw
I noticed it too. Darn
Old 10-28-2021, 08:19 AM   #2533
Power Member

Mar 2015

Can someone please explain why scream looks curved/bendy on the sides? This how 1950s and 60s cinemascope movies look.
Thanks given by:
dtyndall (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 08:22 AM   #2534

Feb 2016
Chicago, IL
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazeBlue View Post
Maybe they tried and it didn't work out. Who knows?
I really doubt it, studios are giant cash grubbing machines. There's nothing that can't be worked out between them because they are all connected to each other through shared investments and investors. It might come out again and everyone who wasted their money on this release, and maybe even a complete UHD box set, will have to go out and buy the movie again. This is how we get stuck in these abusive relationships
Old 10-28-2021, 08:23 AM   #2535

Feb 2016
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snl40boi View Post
Can someone please explain why scream looks curved/bendy on the sides? This how 1950s and 60s cinemascope movies look.
The widescreen lense used
Thanks given by:
Jay H. (10-28-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 08:25 AM   #2536

Feb 2016
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkandskin View Post
Also, not one person is telling you that your desire to see the unrated cut is wrong, itís a view that many of us share.
I agree with your message in general but this quote is false, people have come in here complaining about the requests for the unrated cut. There are lots of strange people on these forums. I was in another thread yesterday where a user was advocating buring all remaining film elements for a CAT III movie because it offended him, what people believe on these forums isn't always sane or reasonable
Old 10-28-2021, 08:30 AM   #2537
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2019
On the move

Quote:
I really doubt it, studios are giant cash grubbing machines. There's nothing that can't be worked out between them because they are all connected to each other through shared investments and investors.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:32 AM   #2538
Power Member

Mar 2015

Quote:
The widescreen lense used
Is it because it was an anamorphic lens? And when you stretched it back to normal it makes the bend/curve in the sides?
Old 10-28-2021, 02:02 PM   #2539
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Local Target said "limited stock" for Scream 4K, so I stopped by before work and it was nowhere to be found. The lady who checked her scanner said it said "vendor inbound" and didn't know what that meant.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:23 PM   #2540

Jul 2018

Ordered the non-steelbook from Bullmoose but still waiting. So I drove 20 miles out of my way to pick the steelbook up from Best Buy. Movie looks pretty good. Kind of wish they sprung for an Atmos track with this one but honestly the 5.1 isn't bad. It's definitely an upgrade over the blu-ray as others have said.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 4K Ultra HD > 4K Blu-ray and 4K Movies