Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (PS4)
$29.99

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
$29.99

Destiny 2 Collector's Edition (PS4)
$53.29

Dark Souls Trilogy (PS4)
$59.99

Black Clover: Quartet Knights (PS4)
$39.99

Legendary Fishing (PS4)
$14.99

Metal Max Xeno (PS4)
$21.27
3 hrs ago
Carnival Games (PS4)
$24.98
8 hrs ago
Just Cause 4 (PS4)
$44.99

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (PS4)
$29.99

Project Highrise (PS4)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 12-31-2018, 08:17 AM   #1321
Special Member

Jan 2013

Bought this before Christmas, I'm at like 50%. Just got to the Taskmaster stuff. Interesting. Very specific on the timing. Some of suit enhancements make a difference in getting the full tokens for it. Practice makes perfect for this one, I guess. The whole game has been a moderate take for me but these took me off guard. Have to get crafty on what I use for sure. Hahaha.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:02 PM   #1322
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

I just got to the Taskmaster Challenges today (I'm over 60% game completion) and I'm just not a fan haha. There's so much to do in this game that at times it can feel tedious.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:23 AM   #1323
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Curry View Post
I just got to the Taskmaster Challenges today (I'm over 60% game completion) and I'm just not a fan haha. There's so much to do in this game that at times it can feel tedious.
After doing the DLC, youíll have a new appreciation for the Taskmaster challenges. At least heís not annoying, like Screwball. The Screwball challenges in the DLC are enough to make you want to cut off your ears so you donít have to hear her irritating voice anymore.
Thanks given by:
Blu-Curry (01-09-2019), RageATL (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 02:21 AM   #1324
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2013
Chicago

Anyone else just find challenges in video games to be a tedious grind? Not in the challenging fun way either
Old 01-03-2019, 02:30 AM   #1325
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyCosts View Post
Anyone else just find challenges in video games to be a tedious grind? Not in the challenging fun way either
Yes, they suck.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #1326
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
After doing the DLC, youíll have a new appreciation for the Taskmaster challenges. At least heís not annoying, like Screwball. The Screwball challenges in the DLC are enough to make you want to cut off your ears so you donít have to hear her irritating voice anymore.
The fact that they doubled down on her in the 3rd DLC was MADDENING. I didn't think I'd ever complete her final mission.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:25 PM   #1327

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chaverria View Post
Bought this before Christmas, I'm at like 50%. Just got to the Taskmaster stuff. Interesting. Very specific on the timing. Some of suit enhancements make a difference in getting the full tokens for it. Practice makes perfect for this one, I guess. The whole game has been a moderate take for me but these took me off guard. Have to get crafty on what I use for sure. Hahaha.
If it's an issue, you don't even have to worry about doing well in the taskmaster tasks (other than to maybe get silver in one of each type, for the trophy) if you're planning on doing New Game+ or the DLC. The challenge tokens carry over and you will end up with a huge surplus in the end even after you've unlocked and upgraded everything.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:03 AM   #1328

Jun 2012
Germany

I love, loved, LOVED this game. Platinumed it, which as everyone probably knows ain't all that difficult in this game. But I had a blast playing it. The story and voice acting and cut scenes were so damn good.

Of course it's not a perfect game. Side missions can get repetitive and it's kinda odd how collectible missions kinda pop up step by step...and of course. Screwball. Ugh.

But that's all stuff that Insomniac can (and probably will) do better in the next game. I'm pretty certain that I'll play this game again. Even if I got all the trophies for the main game and the DLCs (minutes the new game+ stuff).
Old 01-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #1329
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
The fact that they doubled down on her in the 3rd DLC was MADDENING. I didn't think I'd ever complete her final mission.
After terrorizing you for 3 DLC chapters, it would be rather anticlimactic if she was easy to take down. Although annoying, the chase mission at the end was a good conclusion to the madness.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 04:53 AM   #1330
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Canada

Got the platinum today. Overall the base game was quite good for Insomniac's take on the Spider-Man story (I still don't like MJ as a journalist though, that's quite cliche) and I look forward to what will go down in a sequel. Quite a few classic villains missed out on this game! The boss battles weren't that difficult on Average difficulty though.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #1331
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
The Great Indoors

According to Twitter teases, there's gonna be something coming up very soon in the game for Fantastic Four week or something, a tie-in of sorts. Speculation has ranged from new suits to a new mission.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4