Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
The Predator (Blu-ray)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$26.42
8 hrs ago
Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15
 
The Meg (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99
 
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
 
Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Sailor Moon Super S: Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.37
 
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99
19 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #601
Network23 Network23 is offline
Active Member
 
Network23's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
LOS ANGELES, CA.
-8
Default

The only way i would consider this is if it included 4KUHD discs of all the films in Exteneded and theatrical as well, otherwise most of the regular and superfans have everything here for about $600 less
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:22 AM   #602
GreatGreg GreatGreg is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
GreatGreg's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
-
20
-5
Default

Sure they can put the films on 4KUHD discs (I'm sure they will eventually) but weren't the first movies themselves only filmed in 2K?

Which is why this whole 4K thing is becoming such a joke. Just up the number every few years and people will buy it, but that number of people are becoming less and less.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:09 PM   #603
Animatic33 Animatic33 is offline
Senior Member
 
Animatic33's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
433
236
-5
Default

As a heads up, I just noticed that some of amazon.com's pricing has now changed to "prime only" pricing. As well, amazon.ca prime memberships do not carry over to .com's. So, if ever you see a hot price on .com, check to make sure it's not prime-only.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...43H0R6EJ46BGBP
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #604
agoofykindasuperman agoofykindasuperman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
agoofykindasuperman's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada
27
1511
1
105
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animatic33 View Post
As a heads up, I just noticed that some of amazon.com's pricing has now changed to "prime only" pricing. As well, amazon.ca prime memberships do not carry over to .com's. So, if ever you see a hot price on .com, check to make sure it's not prime-only.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...43H0R6EJ46BGBP
Amazon is the online Costco
[Show spoiler](excluding Costco.ca )


Going to soon become a membership-only shopping club by the looks of it.
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #605
Animatic33 Animatic33 is offline
Senior Member
 
Animatic33's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
433
236
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
Amazon is the online Costco
[Show spoiler](excluding Costco.ca )


Going to soon become a membership-only shopping club by the looks of it.
Well, that really stinks. Not only is there a disparity between services offered by prime memberships across all int'l amazon sites, but they also don't count towards each other.

I have not made many amz.com purchases the past few years, but when I do it is only because the price is way too good even with s/h, import fees and exchange factored into it. Guess this sort of thinking will disappear when it becomes an entirely gated shopping experience.

What a bummer!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:18 PM   #606
Jakdonark Jakdonark is offline
Power Member
 
Jakdonark's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB
24
4
13
-7
Default

Anyone else have their password reset all the time? It was doing that awhile ago but then seemed to be fixed. And uk was doing it too. Then this week everyday it says incorrect password and I have to go through all the steps to change it again. And it did it on the uk site three days this week as well I have a package coming so I'm checking it daily for tracking and it's a real pain. Also my package arrived in Ontario last week and it hasnt moved since. Ok I'm done for now.
1. "Serve the public trust"
2. "Protect the innocent"
3. "Uphold the law"
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #607
GreatGreg GreatGreg is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
GreatGreg's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
-
20
-5
Default

Well, I bit the bullet and signed up for Amazon Prime US.

Main reason was that I wanted FARGO S1 BD to match the Season 2 BD I got cheap on Amazon.ca.

Of course now I had to make the most of my .com order:

($US)
FARGO S1 BD ($14.99)
3D LITTLE RASCALS BD ($11.54)
RIVER OF NO RETURN BD ($12.99)
3D KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS BD ($29.99)
PLASTIC MAN, THE COMPLETE COLLECTION DVD ($10.88)
ANGEL COLLECTION (ANGEL/ANGEL 2: AVENGING ANGEL/ANGEL 3: THE FINAL CHAPTER) DVD ($6.91)
UNFORGIVEN BD Digibook ($12.99)
3D SPY KIDS GAME OVER/ADVENTURES OF SHARKBOY AND LAVAGIRL BD ($10.99)
NOW & LATER BD ($14.63)
HARD CORE LOGO BD SB ($8.99)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:40 AM   #608
paulgeneacepeter paulgeneacepeter is offline
Senior Member
 
Aug 2012
Toronto
29
-5
Default

Woodstock Ultimate Edition is $13.96. $6.98 for shipping but no import fees deposit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002C...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #609
Animatic33 Animatic33 is offline
Senior Member
 
Animatic33's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
433
236
-5
Default

Deal is dead



Right now is $42.54. With Shipping and Import Fees factored in it's $57.38 USD. Or ~76 CAD. Pretty good deal for those who might have missed it's price-glitch $39.99 back when it was on pre-order.

https://www.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-and...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

For those comparing prices, Barnes and Noble's full price for this set is 99.99

Last edited by Animatic33; 02-12-2017 at 11:15 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
alull (02-12-2017), murphywmm (02-12-2017), phate11 (02-13-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 11:11 PM   #610
ticktock60 ticktock60 is offline
Member
 
Nov 2014
514
115
1
0
Default

This is all a scam, right?

Amazon.com had The Lost World Flicker Alley Blu for $23.99 US, to import it would still save me $5 CAD.

Just now they dropped it to $19 and to import it would cost me almost the same as just buying it at Amazon.ca. The difference is in the increased shipping price????

Has anyone else experienced this?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:33 PM   #611
Animatic33 Animatic33 is offline
Senior Member
 
Animatic33's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
433
236
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktock60 View Post
This is all a scam, right?

Amazon.com had The Lost World Flicker Alley Blu for $23.99 US, to import it would still save me $5 CAD.

Just now they dropped it to $19 and to import it would cost me almost the same as just buying it at Amazon.ca. The difference is in the increased shipping price????

Has anyone else experienced this?
Every. Single. Time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #612
agoofykindasuperman agoofykindasuperman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
agoofykindasuperman's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada
27
1511
1
105
-5
Default

The new Criterion release set for September of Tree of Life is a decent value right now, cheaper than the 50% off sales as its' a $50 regular priced title.

On now for $22.00 (Save an extra $0.89 at checkout) Came to $32.83 USD with shipping to Ontario.

https://www.amazon.com/Tree-Life-Blu...s=tree+of+life
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
andsoitgoes (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 04:53 AM   #613
andsoitgoes andsoitgoes is offline
Active Member
 
andsoitgoes's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Canada
662
1
17
-8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
The new Criterion release set for September of Tree of Life is a decent value right now, cheaper than the 50% off sales as its' a $50 regular priced title.

On now for $22.00 (Save an extra $0.89 at checkout) Came to $32.83 USD with shipping to Ontario.

https://www.amazon.com/Tree-Life-Blu...s=tree+of+life
What would I do without you?

Oh. Probably spend a lot less money!
“Most of the successful people in Hollywood are failures as human beings.” - Brando
Player: HDA30 / PS3 / LG 645 3D BR / Sony S185
Receiver: Sony STR-DH520 (excellent budget receiver!)
TV: LG 55LW5300 3D LED LCD
Speakers: Energy Encore 5.1
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:37 AM   #614
agoofykindasuperman agoofykindasuperman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
agoofykindasuperman's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada
27
1511
1
105
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
What would I do without you?

Oh. Probably spend a lot less money!
Haha sorry eh!
Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO141FD Owner
LG OLED65E6P Owner

My Flickr
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #615
JohnCarpenterLives JohnCarpenterLives is offline
Power Member
 
JohnCarpenterLives's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
707
416
2
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
Well, I bit the bullet and signed up for Amazon Prime US.

Main reason was that I wanted FARGO S1 BD to match the Season 2 BD I got cheap on Amazon.ca.

Of course now I had to make the most of my .com order:

UNFORGIVEN BD Digibook ($12.99)
Ahhhhh, dang it. I didn't know the digibook dropped that much in price. I have the UHD, but that digi packaging would be awful nice to stick it in! Why do I HATE responsible spending habits so much?!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jakdonark (07-04-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 01:42 AM   #616
smfootball smfootball is offline
Active Member
 
smfootball's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
3
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
The new Criterion release set for September of Tree of Life is a decent value right now, cheaper than the 50% off sales as its' a $50 regular priced title.

On now for $22.00 (Save an extra $0.89 at checkout) Came to $32.83 USD with shipping to Ontario.

https://www.amazon.com/Tree-Life-Blu...s=tree+of+life
I don't understand...$32.83USD is like $43? You don't think it will be cheaper than that here? I got both Night of the Living Dead and The Silence of the Lambs for just under $40 each (taxes in) on release date.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:04 AM   #617
will oneill will oneill is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2010
Ottawa
2944
420
7
8
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfootball View Post
I don't understand...$32.83USD is like $43? You don't think it will be cheaper than that here? I got both Night of the Living Dead and The Silence of the Lambs for just under $40 each (taxes in) on release date.
Tree of Life has a higher list price than either of those releases. So no, it’s unlikely to go cheaper than $43 in Canada.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
smfootball (07-09-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 09:59 AM   #618
Animatic33 Animatic33 is offline
Senior Member
 
Animatic33's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
433
236
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will oneill View Post
Tree of Life has a higher list price than either of those releases. So no, it’s unlikely to go cheaper than $43 in Canada.
It’s currently 43.91 on amz.ca. So you save the tax with that .com order.

I do find it funny most list prices for [import] titles on amz.ca work out to the .com’s price + shipping + import fees @ current exchange rate - then amz.ca goes and charges additional required federal taxes on TOP of that amt. Pretty sure we get double taxed on most import titles, since the import fees should have covered regulatory taxes.

Last edited by Animatic33; 07-07-2018 at 10:32 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
smfootball (07-09-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 04:15 AM   #619
TheCapn TheCapn is offline
Senior Member
 
Mar 2011
2444
0
Default

So I checked out my local trading Post and saw a used copy of stranger things S1 in the fancy vhs pack, it was tempting but it was also $40. So I got poking around .com and I see it's 14.80, total comes to 22.78 usd with shipping. I presume that's a much better deal even after the exchange? Would there be any additional duties on top of that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #620
Animatic33 Animatic33 is offline
Senior Member
 
Animatic33's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
433
236
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
So I checked out my local trading Post and saw a used copy of stranger things S1 in the fancy vhs pack, it was tempting but it was also $40. So I got poking around .com and I see it's 14.80, total comes to 22.78 usd with shipping. I presume that's a much better deal even after the exchange? Would there be any additional duties on top of that?
Amazon.com charges estimated import fees which covers duties and taxes. If their estimate is over the actual duty amount, they will issue a refund of the remainder. In my experience they have always been good to their word and have refunded the remainder of unused import fee money.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheCapn (07-13-2018)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 AM.