Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96
10 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34
21 hrs ago
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after you have seen it)
One Star 15 2.44%
Two Stars 25 4.07%
Three Stars 107 17.40%
Four Stars 282 45.85%
Five Stars 186 30.24%
Voters: 615. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California
Default Avengers: Age of Ultron (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige Talks about Building to THE AVENGERS 2

In order to build a film like The Avengers, Marvel had to look far in advance and make sure that their major superhero films contributed to the upcoming blockbuster crossover. Even if The Avengers is a massive flop (and that’s highly unlikely), Marvel is already making its plans for The Avengers 2. Speaking at New York Comic-Con this weekend, Marvel Studios’ President of Production Kevin Feige talked about the company’s future films. Unsurprisingly, Iron Man 3 will be part of what Feige calls “Phase Two of this Avengers Assemble talk.”

So what else will be part of “Phase Two”? Hit the jump for more. The Avengers opens in 3D on May 4, 2012. Feige says they’ll be continuing their tradition of including a brief scene post-credits [via Cinemablend].

There’s no set date for The Avengers 2, but it will be coming after Iron Man 3 (May 3, 2013) as well as Thor 2 (November 15, 2013). However, that still leaves Captain America 2 on the table as well as the planned spin-offs for Black Widow, Hawkeye, and possibly S.H.I.E.L.D. Then throw on to the pile Marvel’s next non-sequel, non-spinoff films: Ant-Man, The Inhumans, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Ant-Man seems like an easy fit for The Avengers 2 since it’s just one more character and sequels always demand fresh blood. However, The Inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy are teams and Feige has said that if those two movies make it all the way to the finish line, they’re going to be a team-movie like The Avengers or X-Men.

So does Phase Two mean bringing in The Inhumans and/or Guardians of the Galaxy, and if so, to what extent? There’s a limit to a cast size before all the characters and the story gets short-changed. It will be interesting to see if all of Marvel’s future projects are pieces of an Avengers puzzle, or if the company will make films that don’t have to live in The Avengers universe (or at least play a major part in an Avengers movie).
http://collider.com/avengers-2-phase...-man-3/120789/
Old 10-17-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Exciting news!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011

Marvel's making me dizzy with all this sequel talk.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #4

Jul 2011
Louisiana

The Avengers is obliviously going to make bank. So hearing the news of a sequeal is not surprising at all.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Im hoping additional heros are introduced in there individuel movies before Avengers 2 comes out. Ant-man, Black Panther, and others can't be excluded from the sequel
Old 10-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

Old 10-17-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

I hope Marvel does not bury itself with all its super hero movies. It sounds like they are doing 2-3 movies a year, and IMO that's way too much.

This summer was a good example of super hero fatigue.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
Special Member

Apr 2007
Lexington, Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
Im hoping additional heros are introduced in there individuel movies before Avengers 2 comes out. Ant-man, Black Panther, and others can't be excluded from the sequel
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there an easter egg for Black Panther in Iron Man 2?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
Carmel, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwise View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there an easter egg for Black Panther in Iron Man 2?
yes, Diesel had to explain it to me too :P Its during the scene where Tony is talking to Nick about the Avenger initiative and being a "consultant" theres the maps and stuff on the computer screen and it shows something happening in Africa...

My geek meter just exploded reading all this, thanks Walt
Old 10-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by threefiftyrocket View Post
yes, Diesel had to explain it to me too :P Its during the scene where Tony is talking to Nick about the Avenger initiative and being a "consultant" theres the maps and stuff on the computer screen and it shows something happening in Africa...

My geek meter just exploded reading all this, thanks Walt
Yup its there. Im very dissipointed that the next two post Avengers movies will be sequels to previous hero movies. I hope that Marvel introduces more additional heros in individuel movies first before making an Avengers 2. This way Avengers 2 can expand with each additional movie.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #11

Sep 2009
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicket View Post
I hope Marvel does not bury itself with all its super hero movies. It sounds like they are doing 2-3 movies a year, and IMO that's way too much.

This summer was a good example of super hero fatigue.
I always say if the story is good, the movie will succeed! I think it helps that they have a good 6 month spread between movies.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Source

Quote:
'Avengers 2' Will Feature New Ensemble

As previously discussed, in addition to Iron Man 3, those movies will likely include Thor 2, Inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy as well as a few others. And those other films will lead to a new line up being in The Avengers 2, according to a quote he gave to IGN.

Quote:
Absolutely [there will be a new line up]. That’s the fun of it — introducing new characters. Seeing how will things change after Iron Man goes through his next adventure? After Thor goes through his next adventure? If we do another Cap adventure, how will things change? The dynamic between them? Their own worlds? So that the dynamic in Avengers 2 is actually quite different than it is in the first one.
Will that team include Doctor Strange? We know they’ve been registering domain names, hinting that the film is coming and Kevin Feige told IGN some very encourage news. It’s coming.
Awesome.

Last edited by Diesel; 10-18-2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Linky
Old 10-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #13

Jun 2011

I look forward to the Avengers but my concern is that they'll hold back their biggest and best ideas for potential sequels. They spent five movies building up to this so it has quite a lot of hype to live up to, and I'd rather not wait another four or five movies until we get the villain that I suspect Avengers 1 will only tease at
[Show spoiler](Thanos)
Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Joss Whedon Already Talking AVENGERS 2

Joss Whedon has said that a sequel to The Avengers needs to be "smaller" and "more personal". So those of you making comparisons to Michael Bay and Transformers can atleast have the comfort of knowing that and Avengers sequel will be drastically different.

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly creator told SFX that he doesn't want a follow-up to "rehash" what worked in the first film.

When asked how Avengers 2 could top next month's epic, superhero blockbuster, Whedon responded:

Quote:
"By not trying to. By being smaller. More personal, more painful. By being the next thing that should happen to these characters, and not just a rehash of what seemed to work the first time. By having a theme that is completely fresh and organic to itself."
Shifting focus back to the first film, Whedon stated that he's attempted to give each character in The Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk, enough screen time to see "what makes them awesome".

Quote:
"I want to know what makes them tick, what makes them flawed, what makes them fight - and ultimately, what makes them awesome," he explained. "I go to these movies for those moments when the heroes define themselves, either through action or deliciously overwritten speeches."
Source
Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK

I wonder if this one comes out a week early as well?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
I wonder if this one comes out a week early as well?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

I think introducing another cast will have to be carefully done through the other movies, and i don't mind 'smaller' as long as it is as good or better.

I think the cast will ultimately depend on the success of the planned films AND how the stories in the individual sequels and non-spinoffs play out.

I personally think, Iron Man 3 will feature something more magic based considering Iron Man will be in Avengers alongside the likes of Loki, Thor etc who are all magic based type characters. Mandarin perhaps?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
Banned

Feb 2010

If they decide to make a second movie the studio needs to step in or have someone else make it cause I don't like the sound of a smaller sequel I believe the point to all sequel's should be to go bigger than the first.If they make it smaller they should not make it in the first place
Old 03-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
That is exactly why I love Joss Whedon. He's one of those directors who understands the nature of THE ART instead of just giving into the nature of THE BUSINESS.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #20
Power Member

Apr 2009

Awesome!

I'd love to see Hank Pym, Wasp, and Ultron (villain) for the sequel

Black Panther would also be a good choice for the team
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies