Best iTunes Movie Deals


Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Deadpool 2-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$7.99
1 day ago
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (iTunes)
$9.99
1 day ago
Deadpool (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Smile (iTunes)
$7.99
1 day ago
Event Horizon (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Doctor Who, The Matt Smith Years (iTunes)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Conjuring: 3-Film Collection (iTunes)
$14.99
1 day ago
Deadpool 2 (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Doctor Who, The Peter Capaldi Years (iTunes)
$19.99
1 day ago
Lightyear (iTunes)
$9.99
1 day ago
Moonfall (iTunes)
$7.99
1 day ago
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2019, 03:18 PM   #61
Undeadcow Undeadcow is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Nov 2011
Houston, TX
1855
193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyry View Post
Is it really necessary to merge? When vudu stopped letting me link both accts to UV my titles still remained in my main acct.


There are def some m2d i nees to stop putting off though
Merging is probably un-necessary as long as your accounts are linked (which I think means you only have one master UV account anyway). I do not have linked accounts so must merge.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:18 PM   #62
Greyman Greyman is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
It could just be that for anything as large scale as Ultraviolet with thousands and thousands of titles across multiple studios and vendors it would be silly for them to make any guarantees or absolutes. I do not think anyone is 'getting screwed' but maybe an odd old CinemaNow only title will get lost.
This. And maybe a few foreign codes that donít map properly.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Joe Siegler (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #63
slaizer2000 slaizer2000 is online now
Expert Member
 
Mar 2007
Rochester NY
67
1117
15
Default

Hopefully this will force the MA holdouts to migrate from UV to MA. Hopefully they won't create their own cloud based service as this all needs to be in one cloud library.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #64
Cutter_ Cutter_ is offline
Expert Member
 
Cutter_'s Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Florida
213
871
34
1037
284
526
22
128
Default

I expect a couple of losses, but hopefully not many. In the case of MA I had some losses or wrong display ratios, but later, they came back. In fact, one just came back last week. So, hopefully as in the case of MA, if there are any titles missing VUDU will get them corrected eventually.


So now we need to hope VUDU never closes, or everyone ports to MA, including television. I would prefer the later.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:26 PM   #65
slaizer2000 slaizer2000 is online now
Expert Member
 
Mar 2007
Rochester NY
67
1117
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
It could just be that for anything as large scale as Ultraviolet with thousands and thousands of titles across multiple studios and vendors it would be silly for them to make any guarantees or absolutes. I do not think anyone is 'getting screwed' but maybe an odd old CinemaNow only title will get lost.
Most likely they know they will have glitches. But hopefully will be able to port most stuff over at deadline time or shortly afterward. Also possible the 2 holdout studios have still not opted in to MA. If that is the case then it is premature to shutter UV till everyone is on board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:27 PM   #66
BlurayX BlurayX is online now
Senior Member
 
BlurayX's Avatar
 
Jan 2018
USA
214
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyry View Post
Is it really necessary to merge? When vudu stopped letting me link both accts to UV my titles still remained in my main acct.


There are def some m2d i nees to stop putting off though
You only need to merge if you have UV titles in the sub-account that is not on the main yet.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 03:35 PM   #67
Zhuge1 Zhuge1 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jan 2019
134
4459
3891
815
222
1
1
133
Default

I've been trying to link up my Paramount account with my UV account for the past couple of months, with no luck. The Paramount provider appears linked, but the films in the Paramount library don't show up in the UV library (and also don't show up in my linked Vudu account). UV attempted to fix the problem but were unsuccessful and Paramount hasn't replied to any of the 3 support tickets I've opened. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this resolved, as I assume I need to get this done sooner rather than later with the upcoming UV shutdown.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Tukulka (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 03:36 PM   #68
handcraftedbits handcraftedbits is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2018
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
I do not think anyone is 'getting screwed' but maybe an odd old CinemaNow only title will get lost.
Losing even a single title should shatter your trust in these services. And if you happened to "own" one of those odd titles that doesn't make the cut, wouldn't you be pissed?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
heraymo (02-04-2019), mrjr101 (02-05-2019), StingingVelvet (02-01-2019), Tukulka (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 03:42 PM   #69
Greyman Greyman is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by handcraftedbits View Post
Losing even a single title should shatter your trust in these services. And if you happened to "own" one of those odd titles that doesn't make the cut, wouldn't you be pissed?
One title out of hundreds or a few thousand?
If thatís your thing then sure.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 03:42 PM   #70
Oniros Oniros is offline
Expert Member
 
Oniros's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Vancouver, Canada
6
130
12
66
8
7
Default

As long as these services keep popping up and shutting down I will never be ok fully transitioning to a digital-only ecosystem. iTunes and Steam are my only exceptions because the companies behind them seem stable enough to be around for decades to come.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Animatic33 (01-31-2019), bdmckinl (01-31-2019), casperuk (01-31-2019), GP Legend (01-31-2019), salz4life (02-04-2019), Tukulka (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 03:45 PM   #71
Greyman Greyman is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Greyman's Avatar
 
May 2013
271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaizer2000 View Post
Most likely they know they will have glitches. But hopefully will be able to port most stuff over at deadline time or shortly afterward. Also possible the 2 holdout studios have still not opted in to MA. If that is the case then it is premature to shutter UV till everyone is on board.
The UV movies from the 2 holdouts should be in Vudu and should stay there after the shutdown. MA doesnít really factor in to the timeline other than the studios might feel more pressure to join a different locker system.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
OhioBobcat3 (01-31-2019), Undeadcow (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #72
Undeadcow Undeadcow is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Nov 2011
Houston, TX
1855
193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by handcraftedbits View Post
Losing even a single title should shatter your trust in these services. And if you happened to "own" one of those odd titles that doesn't make the cut, wouldn't you be pissed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
One title out of hundreds or a few thousand?
If that’s your thing then sure.
I'd like to keep everything 100% but if efforts are made to preserve 3000+ of my movies when UV really doesn't 'owe' us anything then I'm 'ok' with losing some. UV seems to be showing good faith in making reasonable efforts at preserving content, 'they' are already saying they will do what they can to protect customers and there's not point to ask more or be a perfectionist.

Part of collecting any content is understanding that you will definitely be 'losing even a single title' just by happenstance - no system is perfect just like if a prized DVD gets scratched, your VHS player dies and gets obsolete, or a friend never returns another disc, etc.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 01-31-2019 at 04:01 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #73
Undeadcow Undeadcow is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Nov 2011
Houston, TX
1855
193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuge1 View Post
I've been trying to link up my Paramount account with my UV account for the past couple of months, with no luck. The Paramount provider appears linked, but the films in the Paramount library don't show up in the UV library (and also don't show up in my linked Vudu account). UV attempted to fix the problem but were unsuccessful and Paramount hasn't replied to any of the 3 support tickets I've opened. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this resolved, as I assume I need to get this done sooner rather than later with the upcoming UV shutdown.
You're not alone in that. Paramount is the worst, I have at least one title I redeemed in their site (a freebie code for Zoolander 1) that never ported to UV and they rarely ever answer support e-mails (which seems to be the only way to reach them). I got locked out of an early Paramount account due to forgetting the password and couldn't ever get anyone to answer my support requests. May Paramount quickly be acquired by Sony or someone else (wishful thinking).
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:55 PM   #74
Kedrix Kedrix is offline
Expert Member
 
Jul 2014
Katy, Tx
5
319
1478
349
111
Default

Hrmmm, concerned about this...TV Titles that were redeemed with UV are the most likely to suffer. My son watches a lot of cartoons through VUDU and I would hate for him to lose some of those collections (and he would hate it even worse). I guess we'll see what happens. I'm okay with losing my stuff, but I don't want to have to start handling discs for the 4 year old.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:55 PM   #75
montana666 montana666 is offline
Senior Member
 
Mar 2017
Germany
159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
...
Do not panic, but you should expect that some items might disappear forever. ...
I have some foreign codes that will definitely disappear. I guess, that all codes, that did not port to Vudu are lost...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:56 PM   #76
Panama Jack Panama Jack is offline
Special Member
 
Panama Jack's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
SLC
1
513
299
88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaizer2000 View Post
Hopefully this will force the MA holdouts to migrate from UV to MA. Hopefully they won't create their own cloud based service as this all needs to be in one cloud library.
That's how I feel. If all of my digital movies from every studio get unified into a single MA account, even just once, making it so that every movie I own from every studio is in my iTunes, Vudu, Fandango, and other accounts, then I'll be a happy camper. That way if one retailer fails, all my movies are still safe in several other retailers.

At the same time, I also hope this puts pressure on Movies Anywhere to develop "TV Anywhere" so that our UV TV shows will have somewhere to go other than just Vudu.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Joe Siegler (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #77
Fofer Fofer is offline
Junior Member
 
Oct 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniros View Post
As long as these services keep popping up and shutting down I will never be ok fully transitioning to a digital-only ecosystem. iTunes and Steam are my only exceptions because the companies behind them seem stable enough to be around for decades to come.
Walmart owns VUDU. I have more faith in Walmart "being around for decades to comeĒ than I do Steam, but you do you
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mr. ruben (01-31-2019), nugent (01-31-2019), p w (01-31-2019), StingingVelvet (02-01-2019), Tukulka (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 04:07 PM   #78
squatting hen squatting hen is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2013
TX
459
772
349
Default

I guess I will create a few vudu accounts and link them with my grandfathered UV sub accounts. I created five sub accounts, but only ever used three. Might as well link the remaining two with Vudu for a backup. If anyone else is in the same boat, might as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:13 PM   #79
Smadawho Smadawho is offline
Active Member
 
Smadawho's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Vancouver, BC
242
242
15
712
986
642
279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogers View Post
You never had lifetime rights to your digital content. From the VI. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY section of the Terms of Use document:




https://www.myuv.com/terms
This was the phrasing used in the faq as far as how long my rights last.

"The right to an UltraViolet movie is perpetual and remains in your Library unless you delete it. UltraViolet rights never expire"
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Tukulka (01-31-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 04:16 PM   #80
BlurayX BlurayX is online now
Senior Member
 
BlurayX's Avatar
 
Jan 2018
USA
214
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Hrmmm, concerned about this...TV Titles that were redeemed with UV are the most likely to suffer. My son watches a lot of cartoons through VUDU and I would hate for him to lose some of those collections (and he would hate it even worse). I guess we'll see what happens. I'm okay with losing my stuff, but I don't want to have to start handling discs for the 4 year old.
Those TV titles redeemed on VUDU should be safe.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet (Discontinued)


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08 PM.