Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rambo Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
€37.00
16 hrs ago
Downton Abbey: Die komplette Serie (Blu-ray)
€39.97
16 hrs ago
Angel Heart 4K (Blu-ray)
€22.99
7 hrs ago
Rambo Trilogy (Blu-ray)
€14.97
16 hrs ago
It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
€31.99

Malcolm in the Middle: Seasons 1 - 7 (Blu-ray)
€79.99

It: Chapter Two (Blu-ray)
€18.99

It Follows - Special Edition (Blu-ray)
€10.00

Attack on Titan - 2. Staffel - BR 1 mit Sammelschuber (Blu-ray)
€38.24
9 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
€28.99

Rambo III (Blu-ray)
€5.55
16 hrs ago
Rambo: First Blood Part II (Blu-ray)
€5.55
16 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany

Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #1

May 2007
Heidelberg, Germany
Germany Rhythm is it!

I just added a user review to this title. Since I recommend it very much, I hope it is OK to post it here, too:

This fascinating documentary tells the true story of a project, in which 250 adolescents from age 8 to around 20 from several schools in Berlin learn to dance a choregraphy to Strawinskys "Sacre du Printemps", one of the most important classical music pieces in history. Many of the children are from difficult social backgrounds and had no prior contact to classical music or ballet. The film chronicels several weeks in which they adapt to the unusual demands and open a door to a new world. Intercut are interviews with Simon Rattle, chief conductor of the Berlin Philharmonic, which had the musical supervision of the project.
PQ is mixed, ballet training sequences have quite bad quality (SD video camera?), the recordings from the Philharmonic are excellent, though. Sound is OK. 2 Extras are included: a complete orchestral performance of the "Sacre" by Berlin Philharmonic under Rattle (in SD Quality) and a complete recording of the Dance performance to the music, a live recording of the event in HD.

Very recommended, even for people without interest in classical music or ballet, since the story of the children is universally appealing and of interest.

Rhythm is it! Blu-ray
Old 12-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #2

May 2008
USA BD Steels:74+

Hanser, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am 1/2 German and spent my childhood there.I am always interested in German releases, and will give this one a further look. All the best! DB
Old 12-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #3

May 2007
Heidelberg, Germany

Perhaps I should add that there is only one soundtrack which is part German (the children) and part English (Simon Rattle and the ballet instructor). You can chose at the beginning if you are English or German, and then the other language will have subtitles accordingly. Of course you can change the subtitles always via the menu or switch them off.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #4

May 2008
USA BD Steels:74+

Hi Hanser-thank you for the detail. I'd be ok with this-I look forward to checking this out. Have a good one!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Germany