Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$51.29
59 min ago
Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
18 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99
12 hrs ago
The Bourne Classified Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
Charley Varrick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia

Old 02-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #1

Dec 2017
Elliot Lake, Northern Ontario, Canada
Canada Can anyone please help a Canadian order from CDON.dk?

I've been trying to find some way to buy the Blu-Ray version of "The Scarlet & The Black" from Denmark but can't seem to get anywhere.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-S...Blu-ray/52576/

We already have it on DVD but really want to get the region B Blu-Ray version available in Denmark.

I would be very happy to reciprocate should anyone need anything from here in remote Northern Ontario!

Thank you!
Old 02-25-2018, 09:49 AM   #2

Feb 2018
Norway

Hi.
Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be available anymore. It has been removed from CDON (the link on Blu-ray.com doesn’t work any longer). I would’ve been glsd to help you buy the Norwegian one (think it’s identical, Nordic edition) but it’s not available from any of the sources I’ve checked so my guess is it’s gone OOP.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-
-

It's a POS old 1080i/50Hz master on top of it all and really not worth getting, especially if one can't play 50Hz material. Really not worth the expense.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:30 PM   #4

Dec 2017
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt89 View Post
Hi.
Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be available anymore. It has been removed from CDON (the link on Blu-ray.com doesn’t work any longer). I would’ve been glsd to help you buy the Norwegian one (think it’s identical, Nordic edition) but it’s not available from any of the sources I’ve checked so my guess is it’s gone OOP.
Thank you very much for the effort Hewitt89.

I was very much afraid of that.
The artwork on the Scandinavian Blu-Ray version is really good and we were hoping to find a copy. Had this as a DVD for many years and only just discovered it was on Blu Ray in Europe!
Old 02-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #5

Dec 2017
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWithThePrize View Post
It's a POS old 1080i/50Hz master on top of it all and really not worth getting, especially if one can't play 50Hz material. Really not worth the expense.
Thank you very much.

However, although we're in Canada we just decided to make video watching easier. Rather than go the popular multi-region player route which seems so popular we decided to buy a second blu-ray ray player just for our zone "B" region "2" material from Europe.

Last month we bought the Europe version of the Sony BDP S6700 and it's both 50/60hz 110/220v and plays straight out of the box here in Canada.

European PAL DVDs and Blu-Rays seem to be better than the NTSC garbage we get here!
Old 02-25-2018, 03:58 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-
-

Still, PQ-wise the transfer is really not good. That said, if you are really gung ho about getting it then Laserdisken.dk has a single copy listed on their website for sale at 149 Danish Krone at the moment. Final price with VAT excluded and shipping added is shown during checkout. Their site isn't English-friendly though.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #7

Dec 2017
Canada

Quote:
Still, PQ-wise the transfer is really not good. That said, if you are really gung ho about getting it then Laserdisken.dk has a single copy listed on their website for sale at 149 Danish Krone at the moment. Final price with VAT excluded and shipping added is shown during checkout. Their site isn't English-friendly though.
Thank you very much!

Yes, I'm absolutely certain I want to get it, regardless of PQ. Has to be at least as good as the old DVD from the 80s.

Looked at the Laserdisken.dk site but really am lost as to how to proceed.
Do I need to register or where do I start? My wife and I really would appreciate your help and guidance. We're assuming that we can use a visa to pay.

If you think it's easier you can contact us directly at Tembo@gmx.fr (even though we are in Canada!).

Thank you very much again!

(Just for the record and to answer those who may wonder what "Tembo" is, it is the label for singer Roger Whittaker.)
Old 02-25-2018, 06:07 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-
-

You will have to register using this page, the fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory.

Quote:
Brugernavn: * (Username)
Password: * (self explanatory)
Password (igen): * (repeat password)

E-mail: * (again self explanatory)
Ja tak, send mig Laser News (newsletter, in Danish, optional)

Mobilnr: (Cellphone number)

Kaldenavn: (A nickname for use if posting in the forum or making a review otherwise your full name is posted)
Fornavn: * (First name)
Efternavn: * (Last name/Surname)
Adresse: * (Street Address)
Adresse: (Address line 2, if required (can be used for Territory/State/County and so forth))
Postnr: * (Zipcode)
By: (Town)
Land: * (Country)
Telefonnr: (Landline)

The button that reads "Jeg vil registrere mig som ny bruger" confirms that you want to register as a member.
After that you should be set to place an order by going to the product page and putting the BD in your basket.

Their step-by-step goes like this:

Quote:
Trin for trin (Step-by-step)
Købsprocedure (Purchase procedure)
Trin 1 Log ind. (Step 1 - Log in)
Trin 2 Kontrollér kurvens indhold og dit navn og adresse. (Step 2 - Check contents of basket and your name and address)
Trin 3 Vælg betalingsform. (Step 3 - Choose form of payment (VISA as well as MasterCard are accepted) Select the "Betal med betalingskort" (Pay with card) directly under the header that says "Forsendelse (porto beregnes i trin 4)" which means "Shipping (shipping cost calculated in step 4)")
Trin 4 Bekræft bestilling. (Step 4 - Confirm order by clicking "Til sikker betaling" (To secure payment))
Trin 5 Indtast oplysninger om betalingskort. (Step 5 - Enter payment details)

Last edited by TheOneWithThePrize; 02-25-2018 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:06 AM   #9

Dec 2017
Canada

Quote:
You will have to register using this page, the fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory.
After that you should be set to place an order by going to the product page and putting the BD in your basket.
Their step-by-step goes like this:
Thank you very much "TheOneWithThePrize".

Your instructions really worked perfectly and I registered with Laserdisken.dk and completed the purchase perfectly. In fact I've already received order confirmation from them.

I did post a "thank-you" immediately but it seems to have disappeared!
Thanks given by:
TheOneWithThePrize (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tembo View Post
Thank you very much "TheOneWithThePrize".

Your instructions really worked perfectly and I registered with Laserdisken.dk and completed the purchase perfectly. In fact I've already received order confirmation from them.

I did post a "thank-you" immediately but it seems to have disappeared!
Happy to be of assistance.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Scandinavia