Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (iTunes)
$9.99

The Silence of the Lambs (iTunes)
$4.99

Spaceballs (iTunes)
$4.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Doctor Who, Season 11 (iTunes)
$9.99

Mad Max (iTunes)
$4.99

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (iTunes)
$59.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 03-26-2019, 10:23 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
I just got back from the Northridge, CA Best Buy (in the heart of the San Fernando Valley across from the very popular Northridge Fashion Center) and they have reduced their entire DVD/Blu-ray/4K section to 1 row. 1 row of DVDs, Blu-rays and 4Ks... that's it.

1 row to contain all of the physical copies of every new release and catalog title they sell in that store is certainly starting to seem like the right conditions. I'm just pointing out that your "eventually" seems a lot closer than anyone wants to admit.
Nah, itís just reality, they are not giving upon physical and digital sales any time soon.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:58 PM   #42
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
I just got back from the Northridge, CA Best Buy (in the heart of the San Fernando Valley across from the very popular Northridge Fashion Center) and they have reduced their entire DVD/Blu-ray/4K section to 1 row. 1 row of DVDs, Blu-rays and 4Ks... that's it.

1 row to contain all of the physical copies of every new release and catalog title they sell in that store is certainly starting to seem like the right conditions. I'm just pointing out that your "eventually" seems a lot closer than anyone wants to admit.
My San Antonio Best Buy has an entire side of an aisle for 4k media alone, then four solid rows for Blu and a smattering of DVDs in the Family section. Plus endcaps and displays throughout the store, and new releases greeting you right when you walk in. Maybe San Antonio folk are more hands-on versus using Amazon or other on-line vendors.

Speaking of Northridge and eventualities, I went through the 1994 quake up there. No fun, to put it mildly. I left California in 2001 and we were still having minor aftershocks. I'll never live in California again. That was 25 years ago. Tick tock until the next one.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #43

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertz523 View Post
Doesn't it boil down to that Disney was not on board with Apple's stance with not charging more for 4K? And also dead-set against the free upgrade from HD to 4K that Apple does with other studios?

Signs point to Disney being anti-Apple.
Disney is probably just going to go right at iTunes with their Disney+ product. I wouldnít be surprised if Disney+ is the promised Disney content plus taking Movies Anywhere a step further where you can store your catalog of films you own. I mean, why the heck not? They now have the Fox catalog at their disposal as well. Now if we could actually get all of our movies we have to transfer to the other providers like a Amazon/Vudu. It was nice to get most of the movies I own in one place through Movies Anywhere, but there are about 200 movies that didnít make it from iTunes to the other providers like Amazon and Vudu. The only 100% catalog that moved was the Disney collection. Being Disney and Apple canít get along on 4k I can see Disney offering upgrades to 4k for $5-10 through Disney+.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:37 PM   #44

Jan 2018

If Disney own MA could they stop it going to iTunes and vice versa? This would maybe hit iTunes more?
Old 04-01-2019, 02:20 AM   #45

Jan 2019
Singapore

Interesting that Disney wants to charge a premium for 4K, when from what I see on Singapore iTunes, their content is the most expensive anyway. Not only is their content expensive, but I've yet to see any of their titles on sale.

I think the longer they hold out over 4K will only hurt their sales in the long run. As more titles from other studios appear in 4K on iTunes and more people upgrade to 4K tv's, it's going to become more noticeable that their content is of a lower resolution compared to everyone elses.

Last edited by Admiral; 04-01-2019 at 02:28 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:53 AM   #46
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Interesting that Disney wants to charge a premium for 4K, when from what I see on Singapore iTunes, their content is the most expensive anyway. Not only is their content expensive, but I've yet to see any of their titles on sale.

I think the longer they hold out over 4K will only hurt their sales in the long run. As more titles from other studios appear in 4K on iTunes and more people upgrade to 4K tv's, it's going to become more noticeable that their content is of a lower resolution compared to everyone elses.
I believe Disney is the most expensive on all iTunes stores. Same for their blu-ray. Has been that way with DVD and VHS too. Nothing new.

There are couple of sales during the year on the Irish and UK stores but Disney never cut prices like other studios do.

I doubt it hurt sales or will in the future. Disney is Disney. We'll either pay what they want or we don't get their stuff.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:04 AM   #47

Apr 2017
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
I believe Disney is the most expensive on all iTunes stores. Same for their blu-ray. Has been that way with DVD and VHS too. Nothing new.

There are couple of sales during the year on the Irish and UK stores but Disney never cut prices like other studios do.

I doubt it hurt sales or will in the future. Disney is Disney. We'll either pay what they want or we don't get their stuff.
Thereís some Disney price drops on the UK store today at £6.99 which is still double than what most of the other studios drop to.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:17 AM   #48

Jan 2019
Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post

I can't speak for others and many regular iTunes users may not be overly bothered about 4K right now, but no 4K means no sale for me.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:16 PM   #49

Feb 2018

I have really been thinking a lot lately about his whole "No 4K on iTunes from Disney". I know many of you will have very strong opinions about this but here we go: With Disney soon to release Disney+, which will definetly include all Disney Movies, I believe those will be 4K on that platform. What Im also thinking might be quiet possible is that Disney+ might work similar to Amazon Prime, where you can buy movies AND access content from the streaming side all in one place. Eventhough I of course would pefer iTunes to just get Disney 4K, I actually do think it might not be that unlikely that Disney+ will allow us to connect to Movies Anywhere (which is shephearded by Disney) and let us watch our Disney movies on that platfrom in 4K. Only question here would be if that is an option without subscribing to the streaming service side (like amazon prime), or if it only works when you pay. - Again, all my idea and will post this to several other Marvel/Disney 4K threads, so just aheads up, but I would really like to know your opinions on the matter.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:40 PM   #50
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsy456 View Post
I have really been thinking a lot lately about his whole "No 4K on iTunes from Disney". I know many of you will have very strong opinions about this but here we go: With Disney soon to release Disney+, which will definetly include all Disney Movies, I believe those will be 4K on that platform. What Im also thinking might be quiet possible is that Disney+ might work similar to Amazon Prime, where you can buy movies AND access content from the streaming side all in one place. Eventhough I of course would pefer iTunes to just get Disney 4K, I actually do think it might not be that unlikely that Disney+ will allow us to connect to Movies Anywhere (which is shephearded by Disney) and let us watch our Disney movies on that platfrom in 4K. Only question here would be if that is an option without subscribing to the streaming service side (like amazon prime), or if it only works when you pay. - Again, all my idea and will post this to several other Marvel/Disney 4K threads, so just aheads up, but I would really like to know your opinions on the matter.
An option to buy the animated range of films, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars on Disney+ would be of interest if I hadn't already bought most on iTunes.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:09 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Disney + is a subscription streaming service like Netflix or Hulu. They wonít be selling movies on the service.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #52

Feb 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
Disney + is a subscription streaming service like Netflix or Hulu. They wonít be selling movies on the service.
They havent announced it in detail as of so far. Might be like Amazon Prime. Combining both. Or maybe they dont sell but let you connect to Movies Anywhere and let you watch your disney movies without a subsciption. Who knows?
Old 04-01-2019, 03:02 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
They havent announced it in detail as of so far. Might be like Amazon Prime. Combining both. Or maybe they dont sell but let you connect to Movies Anywhere and let you watch your disney movies without a subsciption. Who knows?
Nah, everything so far has said subscription service.
Why would they confuse what they are trying to do by selling things when there are already existing channels for that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes