Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (iTunes)
$9.99

The Silence of the Lambs (iTunes)
$4.99

Spaceballs (iTunes)
$4.99

The Dark Knight Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Doctor Who, Season 11 (iTunes)
$9.99

Mad Max (iTunes)
$4.99

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (iTunes)
$59.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 08-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #161

Dec 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Arrow Video Channel and MUBI were also launched late yesterday as well.

For those who don't subscribe to CBS All Access, Apple is doing like the rest of their Channels, and offering free first episodes for all of CBSAA's original series. In fact, I think it's the first two channels.

EPIX's "Pennyworth" has free episodes as well (I think the first three episodes), and Apple also offers full seasons of series from time to time.
How does it work when you already subscribe to CBS All Access? I am on a plan now for a free month of Commercial Free. Do I need to use the separate app or can I use the TV app?
Old 08-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #162
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmleblanc View Post
How does it work when you already subscribe to CBS All Access? I am on a plan now for a free month of Commercial Free. Do I need to use the separate app or can I use the TV app?
You can continue to use the separate app. It'll link to the TV app, but your viewing is done through the CBS All Access app.

If you want to subscribe via Apple TV Channels, you'll need to cancel, and then resubscribe through it.

A warning for those who've never used Apple TV Channels, Amazon Channels, or Roku Channels though: IF you subscribe via Apple TV Channels, you'll only be able to access the content via the TV app. If you have a Roku, Fire TV, or smart TV, you will NOT be able to access CBS via CBS' app, and will have to wait until Roku or Amazon adds Apple's TV app later this year, or hope you're smart TV will get it.

The only advantages are really the ability to share with up to six family members if you do Apple Family Sharing, and the fact that CBS's apps tend to be crappy, at least my experience with tvOS and Roku versions of it.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:33 PM   #163
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmleblanc View Post
You have to cancel the CBS sub you have now and resub in the AppleTV app.

Apple bills you directly when using AppleTV+ Channels and gives you access to the Apple hosted streams along with downloads.

The downside to this is all subs through AppleTV+ only have 7 day trials and do not qualify for promotional discounts.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:49 PM   #164
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
You have to cancel the CBS sub you have now and resub in the AppleTV app.

Apple bills you directly when using AppleTV+ Channels and gives you access to the Apple hosted streams along with downloads.

The downside to this is all subs through AppleTV+ only have 7 day trials and do not qualify for promotional discounts.
Apple also (at least previously) offered you the option to be billed directly for service from the CBS All Access app as well (it's what I have), including the $5.99 option.

Apple currently has a limited time trial offer of Epix for a month for the promotion of "Pennyworth". They are also offering free viewing of the first three episodes of "Pennyworth" via the TV app, as well as first episodes of all of Epix's original shows.

They could offer a similar offer for CBS All Access with the premiere of Picard.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:08 PM   #165
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

I started watching "Years and Years" using my HBO channel subscription (excellent show, BTW). The first 3 episodes played fine in the TV app, but episode 4 doesn't (only offers to play in the HBO Now/Go apps, which I can't use). Episodes 5 and 6 work again. Apparently this one episode in the middle of the season hasn't been made available in the channel. Needless to mention that this is extremely annoying since I can't continue watching.

Does anyone else here have an HBO channel subscription and could test this episode?
Old 08-01-2019, 06:17 PM   #166
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
I started watching "Years and Years" using my HBO channel subscription (excellent show, BTW). The first 3 episodes played fine in the TV app, but episode 4 doesn't (only offers to play in the HBO Now/Go apps, which I can't use). Episodes 5 and 6 work again. Apparently this one episode in the middle of the season hasn't been made available in the channel. Needless to mention that this is extremely annoying since I can't continue watching.

Does anyone else here have an HBO channel subscription and could test this episode?
I do not have an HBO subscription, but I can tell you there is something funny about episode 4.

Episodes 1-3 and 5-6, promotes signing up to watch the episode via HBO on Apple TV Channels. Episode 4 does not. It only gives me an option to open in HBO Now, HBO Go, or Amazon Prime Video app.

Last edited by Alan Gordon; 08-01-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Thanks given by:
Fiffy (08-01-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 10:26 AM   #167
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Apple also (at least previously) offered you the option to be billed directly for service from the CBS All Access app as well (it's what I have), including the $5.99 option.

Apple currently has a limited time trial offer of Epix for a month for the promotion of "Pennyworth". They are also offering free viewing of the first three episodes of "Pennyworth" via the TV app, as well as first episodes of all of Epix's original shows.

They could offer a similar offer for CBS All Access with the premiere of Picard.
A few weeks ago I saw that a there are a few free episodes on the US AppleTV app - alas they are geo-restricted.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #168
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:

I would think it wise to contact both Apple support and HBO customer service for this one.

Sounds like either company could be at fault.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #169
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
I would think it wise to contact both Apple support and HBO customer service for this one.

Sounds like either company could be at fault.
I contacted Apple support over the issue. As usual, it took forever until they even understood the problem (e.g. the first support person I talked to was unaware that a TV app channel subscription is not the same as an HBO Now subscription with iTunes billing, and insisted that I should be able to watch the show on the HBO Now app), and then they told me they cannot solve the issue. The joys of customer support hotlines.

I ended up finding a probably not entirely legitimate stream of the episode on the web so I could continue watching the show, only to discover yesterday that episode 4 is now working in the HBO channel. Maybe they did end up forwarding the information I gave them to someone knowledgable after all.

Last edited by Fiffy; 08-04-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #170
Power Member

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
I contacted Apple support over the issue. As usual, it took forever until they even understood the problem (e.g. the first support person I talked to was unaware that a TV app channel subscription is not the same as an HBO Now subscription with iTunes billing, and insisted that I should be able to watch the show on the HBO Now app), and then they told me they cannot solve the issue. The joys of customer support hotlines.

I ended up finding a probably not entirely legitimate stream of the episode on the web so I could continue watching the show, only to discover yesterday that episode 4 is now working in the HBO channel. Maybe they did end up forwarding the information I gave them to someone knowledgable after all.
I doubt it. More likely that other people reported the issue and found the appropriate support personnel/channel.

Whenever I contact iTunes support, 9 out of 10 times it will connect me to the billing department no matter options I select and the agents don't allows identify themselves as billing - I've even had ones that denied being billing - and they just seem to like keeping people online or on the phone for no reason.

Sounds like that is what happened to you.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:12 PM   #171

May 2019

Does any 1 know if this site has a native “dark mode” setting?
Old 09-10-2019, 05:20 PM   #172
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

$4.99 per month (family subscription).

1st year free with the purchase of an Apple device.

Last edited by Alan Gordon; 09-10-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:21 PM   #173
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

And 1 year free with the purchase of an Apple device ...
Thanks given by:
Alan Gordon (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #174

Feb 2012

I guess this means no TV app for Android then? It would take more than a 2 year subscription to pay for an Apple TV.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #175
Power Member

Apr 2018

the list of programming does not interest me
Old 09-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #176
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs commenter View Post
the list of programming does not interest me
Don't subscribe to it then.

I'm personally interested in several upcoming shows and was planning on paying $4.99 a month until I realized I'd be getting it free.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #177
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Don't subscribe to it then.

I'm personally interested in several upcoming shows and was planning on paying $4.99 a month until I realized I'd be getting it free.
New iPhone? I'm honestly a bit underwhelmed by the new phones. They should call it the iCamera.

I'm wondering if the free year ATV+ kicks in immediately or only for purchases made after the Nov 1 launch date ...
Old 09-10-2019, 07:46 PM   #178
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
New iPhone? I'm honestly a bit underwhelmed by the new phones. They should call it the iCamera.
Yeah, this'll be my first year upgrading back-to-back. Next year will be my second.

Quote:
I'm wondering if the free year ATV+ kicks in immediately or only for purchases made after the Nov 1 launch date ...
$4.99/month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer good for 3 months after eligible device activation, starting November 1, 2019. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:50 PM   #179
Special Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
$4.99/month after free trial. One subscription per Family Sharing group. Offer good for 3 months after eligible device activation, starting November 1, 2019. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply.
Hm, still not quite clear. Does that mean you have to wait until Nov 1 with the purchase, or is it enough if you purchase less than 3 months before Nov 1?
Old 09-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #180
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Hm, still not quite clear. Does that mean you have to wait until Nov 1 with the purchase, or is it enough if you purchase less thann 3 months before Nov 1?
The deal is good starting "today". An iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, or iPod Touch purchase is eligible.
Thanks given by:
Fiffy (09-10-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes