Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$51.29
15 hrs ago
Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$42.74
12 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
The Bourne Classified Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99
 
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Four (Blu-ray)
$59.16
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #1
Big Daddy Big Daddy is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Big Daddy's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Southern California
79
122
1
Default The Official AV123 Speakers Thread

Please discuss your AV123 speakers in this thread. You can include pictures, reviews, or any other comments regarding your speakers.

Manufacturer’s Website: http://www.av123.com//index.php?page...art&Itemid=125

Reviews:
http://www.audioholics.com/news/trad...archterm=av123
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/s...speaker-review
http://products.howstuffworks.com/av...ers-review.htm
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
JJ JJ is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
JJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Miami, FL
94
188
766
38
4
18
116
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ
Default

I know I've seen someone with Stratas here...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
efesbe efesbe is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2008
24
14
Default

Nah, Strata's never existed. You must have been staring at your monitor for too long.


Last edited by efesbe; 05-09-2009 at 05:32 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:32 AM   #4
SammyG SammyG is offline
Special Member
 
SammyG's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
Douglassville, PA
1034
7
Default

How do you like them?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #5
JJ JJ is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
JJ's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Miami, FL
94
188
766
38
4
18
116
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by efesbe View Post
Nah, Strata's never existed. You must have been staring at your monitor for too long.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:42 AM   #6
efesbe efesbe is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2008
24
14
Default

For someone that has not heard many other speakers, of course they're going to sound awesome. Don't get me wrong, my previous Boston VR950's were awesome when I had them but I was hit with upgraditis. They are what most say they are. Excellent wide soundstage. These speakers are meant for a 2 channel setup that provides a very crisp, clean sound. I use them for HT and others that have these have been very happy using them in their HT setup paired with the AV123 x-voce center. The x-voce has an open top (open baffle) and provides a kind of an echo-ey sound to them which allows the sound to spread. That's just my opinion of them. The only other speakers I've heard are paradigm Studio 20's, Polks, Bostons, Martin Logans, and Infinity's. I guess I'm not much of an enthusiast.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
Pre-diddy Pre-diddy is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2008
3
Default

I have the ELT 525 5.0 set. 2 towers, Center, 2 bookshelfs. They sound great, though I confess I can't really compare them to much else. I need to snap some pics for my gallery. One of these days...




efesbe, those are gorgeous.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:08 AM   #8
bigred7078 bigred7078 is offline
Special Member
 
bigred7078's Avatar
 
May 2009
Charlotte, NC
29
55
1
Default

For those that haven't seen them.... Gen 2 for the Rocket line...

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:02 AM   #9
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
85
633
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
For those that haven't seen them.... Gen 2 for the Rocket line...
I was about to do the ninja and no rez upgrade for my Rockets a couple weeks back, but then I started eyeballing these. I'm so tempted to pull the trigger... *sigh*
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:05 AM   #10
bigred7078 bigred7078 is offline
Special Member
 
bigred7078's Avatar
 
May 2009
Charlotte, NC
29
55
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
I was about to do the ninja and no rez upgrade for my Rockets a couple weeks back, but then I started eyeballing these. I'm so tempted to pull the trigger... *sigh*
well they are pretty damn expensive compared to the previous models...I guess being made entirely in Colorado now doesn't come cheap lol.

$2500 for the new top of the line towers
$1799 I think for the smaller tower
$1500 for the new "bigfoot" center
$999 for the bookshelves
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:11 AM   #11
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
85
633
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
well they are pretty damn expensive compared to the previous models...I guess being made entirely in Colorado now doesn't come cheap lol.

$2500 for the new top of the line towers
$1799 I think for the smaller tower
$1500 for the new "bigfoot" center
$999 for the bookshelves
Yeah, the price is the only thing stopping me, otherwise I fear I'd already have a set on the way. I'd only be interested in the mains and center since I've gone back to in-walls for the rears, but still a hefty price at $4k. I'm curious how they're voiced as well since the page says they integrate with the G1s, in which case I could always bring the RS250 MKIIs back into the mix for the rears. I guess I'll give Kyle a call tomorrow... or better yet, that might not be such a good idea... *sigh*
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #12
bigred7078 bigred7078 is offline
Special Member
 
bigred7078's Avatar
 
May 2009
Charlotte, NC
29
55
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Yeah, the price is the only thing stopping me, otherwise I fear I'd already have a set on the way. I'd only be interested in the mains and center since I've gone back to in-walls for the rears, but still a hefty price at $4k. I'm curious how they're voiced as well since the page says they integrate with the G1s, in which case I could always bring the RS250 MKIIs back into the mix for the rears. I guess I'll give Kyle a call tomorrow... or better yet, that might not be such a good idea... *sigh*
I dont possibly see how they can be voiced to integrate with the G1's. Sounds like a bunch of marketing babble to me to alleviate peoples fears of them not meshing. I mean they use entirely different drivers and crossovers lol. They looks pretty sweet though. I'm really digging the more "smoked" look to the rosewood
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #13
bigred7078 bigred7078 is offline
Special Member
 
bigred7078's Avatar
 
May 2009
Charlotte, NC
29
55
1
Default

Buy 3 get 10% off, Buy 5 get $20 off

RS950 "Towers" $2499


RSC 800 "Center" $1500


Rocket 12 "subwoofer" $599


RSC 150 "LCR" $1099


RSS 500 "Surrounds" $1299


RS 400 "Bookshelf" $999


RS 600 "Mid Tower" $1799

Last edited by bigred7078; 07-15-2010 at 06:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 AM   #14
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
85
633
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
I dont possibly see how they can be voiced to integrate with the G1's. Sounds like a bunch of marketing babble to me to alleviate peoples fears of them not meshing. I mean they use entirely different drivers and crossovers lol. They looks pretty sweet though. I'm really digging the more "smoked" look to the rosewood
Agreed, but I'm curious nevertheless. Apart from the mishaps with MLS, the handful of discussions I've had with him and the things he's told me about the Rockets and subs have been right on the money. That smoked look is sweet indeed!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:16 AM   #15
bigred7078 bigred7078 is offline
Special Member
 
bigred7078's Avatar
 
May 2009
Charlotte, NC
29
55
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Agreed, but I'm curious nevertheless. Apart from the mishaps with MLS, the handful of discussions I've had with him and the things he's told me about the Rockets and subs have been right on the money. That smoked look is sweet indeed!
So what is the deal with MLS? Is he still running the show? I never heard anything about him after I heard he was brought up on charges for the charities.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #16
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
85
633
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
So what is the deal with MLS? Is he still running the show? I never heard anything about him after I heard he was brought up on charges for the charities.
I honestly haven't heard much either after the indictment. I've talked to Kyle a few times with general questions on products, and though it crossed my mind to ask I didn't feel comfortable doing so - he's such a cool guy.

Now stop posting all these pics are you trying to get me to buy them or something?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #17
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
85
633
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
Buy 3 get 10% off, Buy 5 get $20 off

RSC 800 "Center" $1500
This thing just looks like it means business. 100 lbs of it . I'd love to see this thing in my cabinet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:41 AM   #18
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
85
633
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
So what is the deal with MLS? Is he still running the show? I never heard anything about him after I heard he was brought up on charges for the charities.
Some info on this on the AV123 news page.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #19
bigred7078 bigred7078 is offline
Special Member
 
bigred7078's Avatar
 
May 2009
Charlotte, NC
29
55
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Some info on this on the AV123 news page.
very interesting... His letter of resignation looks more like a letter of "i'll be back when things cool off"... I'm surprised the guy is actually not in prison lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #20
NorCo_1806 NorCo_1806 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
NorCo_1806's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Colorado
41
464
87
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
For those that haven't seen them.... Gen 2 for the Rocket line...
I was about to do the ninja and no rez upgrade for my Rockets a couple weeks back, but then I started eyeballing these. I'm so tempted to pull the trigger... *sigh*
I want to personally give both of you, and anyone else that may have RS850's, the encouragement to trade them in and UPGRADE to GEN2!!!!





I encourage and give permission because I just bought ONE from their B-stock. With the strong hopes I see another (get their alert e-mail I signed up for) and can get my hands on a set.

The B-stock are also on sale, at least today, so go get yourself another sub or something!! (50% off!!)
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official PSB Speakers Thread Speakers PSB_Paradigm_HSU 1203 05-29-2019 06:46 PM
The Official Axiom Speakers Thread Speakers Johk 2310 12-12-2018 05:29 PM
The Official AV123 Subwoofer Owners Thread Subwoofers Big Daddy 476 10-09-2015 10:43 PM
The Official Jamo Speakers Thread Speakers Jwilly019 593 02-14-2014 05:16 AM
The Official Swan Speakers Thread Speakers JasonR 155 10-18-2013 06:02 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23 PM.