Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$34.99
12 hrs ago
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$35.49
14 hrs ago
The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.62
16 hrs ago
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04

Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72
11 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Ultraman Geed (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Ultraman Orb (Blu-ray)
$21.72

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 01-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #81

Jan 2009
Positioning myself in front of the crease, getting slashed behind the knees by Billy Smith! :(

Bumping this thread.....7 months buried is long enough. Nothing has changed my impressions of my Rockets and Bigfoot center...the front soundstage sounds as dynamic as ever. A perfect blend of accuracy, seperation and power from all 3 speakers to my ears. It is a really nice feeling knowing you can always turn it up louder without "bloating" the sound or losing detail.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #82
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Some for sale at the Emo Lounge.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #83

Feb 2011
Medina, OH
Send a message via ICQ to StalkerVette Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerVette

I just scored on a RSC-100 "Littlefoot" center channel speaker, should have it sometime next week. I was looking at the "Bigfoot," but it was too large for the shelf.

Since this is a cousin of the Swan Diva's, I thought I would give it a try to see how it sounds with the 6.2f's. The sonic performance on the great room system does not need to be perfect since this in not my main "HT." This will be more for TV viewing.

And it should match well the rest of the rosewood (piano blacktop with rosewood cabinet speakers and entertainment center). I will place it on the shelf above the TV.

[Show spoiler]

Rosewood Entertainment Center
[Show spoiler]

Swan Diva 6.2f
[Show spoiler]

Features:
■2-way System
■Rear vented enclosure
■Custom 1" aluminum dome tweeter, two custom 5.25" long-throw aluminum cone woofers
■60 Hz to 20 KHz ( 3 dB)
■8" H x 8.5" D x 20.25" W
■25 lbs each

Specifications:
■System: Two way, three driver direct-radiating system, vented enclosure with rear-firing flared port
■Drivers: Custom 1" aluminum dome tweeter, two custom 5.25" long-throw aluminum cone woofers
■Crossover: 3.8 kHz, 3rd-order alignment
■Frequency Response: 60 Hz to 20 KHz ( 3 dB)
■Impedance: 4 Ohms nominal
■Efficiency: 92 dB (@ 1 watt / 1 meter)
■Dimensions: 8" H x 8.5" D x 20.25" W (203 x 216 x 514 mm)
■Weight: 25 lbs (11.3 kg); ship weight = 33 lbs

Last edited by StalkerVette; 10-29-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #84

Feb 2011
Medina, OH

The "littlefoot" arrived early. It is a perfect match for the Swan Diva's. If it sounds half as good as it looks, I will be very happy

No doubt I will need to make some adjustments the shelf before I hook it up this weekend -- this thing is a beast, I cannot image how large the "bigfoot" must be
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #85

Feb 2011
Medina, OH

Just finished connecting the "Littlefoot" to the Great Room system. It sounds fantasic with the Swan Diva's, what a great pairing. I'm driving it with an ONK M-282 amplifier.

I tested the new set-up with The Avengers, this center put a smile on my face

System skin shot
[Show spoiler]

Dressed speakers
[Show spoiler]

Last edited by StalkerVette; 10-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #86
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerVette View Post
Just finished connecting the "Littlefoot" to the Great Room system. It sounds fantasic with the Swan Diva's, what a great pairing. I'm driving it with an ONK M-282 amplifier.

[Show spoiler]

System skin shot
[Show spoiler]

Dressed speakers
[Show spoiler]
Very nice! I love the Rocket series ! Love the placement above the TV as well. With all my years dabbling in HT in different rooms and gear, I have always been able to localize the center channel below the set. I favor the above option.

I've heard and read nothing but good things about the Diva and I was thisclose to getting a pair, but I "settled" on the Rockets (got a deal from AV123 that I couldn't refuse). Anyway, nice find, and nice setup ! I love entertainment centers!
Old 10-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #87
Power Member

Mar 2009
Far Southside Chicago (Orland Park)

Quote:

System skin shot
[Show spoiler]

Dressed speakers
[Show spoiler]
Looks great my friend!!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #88
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
couple a steps north of Seattle

The other day one of my ELT525 tower surrounds got knocked over and it was a hard enough fall to break the plastic tweeter housing probably in part because the tweeter magnet is so huge, its gotta be at least a pound! Oh and nothing else was damaged, this is the first time I have ever taken apart one of these, wow these are really well built!

I know that AV123 bought these from one of the speaker companies but there is no label on it stating who made it. I know I probably will not find the exact tweeter but really all I need is the plastic piece in the picture below, I super glued the hell out of it but id rather get a new tweeter holder or whatever its called.

[Show spoiler]

I'd appreciate some advice here, where should I begin my search? thank you.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #89
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentvalve View Post
The other day one of my ELT525 tower surrounds got knocked over and it was a hard enough fall to break the plastic tweeter housing probably in part because the tweeter magnet is so huge, its gotta be at least a pound! Oh and nothing else was damaged, this is the first time I have ever taken apart one of these, wow these are really well built!

I know that AV123 bought these from one of the speaker companies but there is no label on it stating who made it. I know I probably will not find the exact tweeter but really all I need is the plastic piece in the picture below, I super glued the hell out of it but id rather get a new tweeter holder or whatever its called.

[Show spoiler]

I'd appreciate some advice here, where should I begin my search? thank you.
The tweeter makes me think of Vifa, though I'm not certain if that's what's used in the 525. Here is the closest I could find on parts-express. Tweeter and cutout dimensions are listed on the page.

Vifa D27TG35-06 1" Silk Dome Tweeter
Old 11-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #90
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
couple a steps north of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
The tweeter makes me think of Vifa, though I'm not certain if that's what's used in the 525. Here is the closest I could find on parts-express. Tweeter and cutout dimensions are listed on the page.

Vifa D27TG35-06 1" Silk Dome Tweeter
Quote:
Overall diameter: 4.10"
Thanks! Is 4 & 1/16 of an inch pretty close to 4.10"?

Edit: It might be just a "skosh" over 4 & 1/16".

Last edited by bentvalve; 11-06-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #91

Jun 2011
Everett, WA

I have the rockets and they use the vifa ringed radiators so it is a good chance they used the vifa silk dome tweeters.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #92

Feb 2011
Medina, OH
Default Looking for Bigfoot

Thought I would bring this thread back to life

I'm looking for a RSC200 for my bonus room. I have a "Littlefoot" and love the sound of it, so I'm in the market for its big brother.

If any of you Av123 guys are looking to make a change, let me know.

Last edited by StalkerVette; 02-17-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #93

Feb 2011
Medina, OH

Thought I would bring this thread back from the dead. I still love my combination Swans/AV123 system, and use it everyday.

FYI I did find a "bigfoot" on eBay a while back that is in 9+/10 condition. I thought my Mirage C2 was a monster in size !
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 04:37 AM   #94
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Temecula, CA

Quote:
Thought I would bring this thread back from the dead. I still love my combination Swans/AV123 system, and use it everyday.

FYI I did find a "bigfoot" on eBay a while back that is in 9+/10 condition. I thought my Mirage C2 was a monster in size !
Never thought I'd see this thread again, but hey as a Rocket owner no complaints from me.

Love the look of the Divas and while I never did get a chance to hear a pair, I seem to recall reading some time ago that they were a good match with the Big Foot. And glad you were able to find a Big Foot btw. I have two myself, which was the unfortunate result of my first one falling off a shelf from 5' high the day I got it. With the 50 lb. weight of the sucker the jolt knocked the drivers out of shape and jacked up one of the voice coils. I hadn't even hooked them up yet to take a listen. Talk about being bummed. AV123 nicely sent me some replacements, but there was also exterior damage to the black finish. I'll add that this all happened in the middle of the MLS scandal (which I had no idea about at the time), and AV123 still took care of me with the replacements.

While everything worked out fine sonically, after a year of having to look at the damage to the black onyx finish, I found someone selling an original RSC200 Big Foot (not the Signatures) for cheap, and since AV123 also sent me the new Signature crossover (which I didn't need at the time), I grabbed the Big Foot without hesitation and swapped out the crossover. The "new" one is in my main room with my Rocket 850 Sigs, and the other one went into my mancave where I'm running it with a compliment of Rocket RS250 MKII Signature bookshelves.

Still enjoying them all to this day, although I've been tempted to do some speaker shopping. It's probably fortunate that I don't spend time on audio and HT forums anymore or I might have a different set of speakers by now.

Well I guess I got carried away as I didn't intend to tell a story lol. But just seeing this thread get bumped brought up some old memories.

Last edited by red_5ive; 12-17-2018 at 04:52 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers