Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.99
1 day ago
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$22.99
8 hrs ago
Dune 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.30

In the Heart of the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.01

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.27
17 hrs ago
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Maze 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.25
1 day ago
Star Trek Into Darkness 3D (Blu-ray)
$36.49

IMAX: Dream Big: Engineering Our World 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.40
18 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.10

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 06-21-2016, 08:54 PM   #201

Nov 2012

Target is offering two $5 gift cards ($10 total) on a $30 Batman vs. Superman 3D.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (06-24-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #202
Power Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
Target is offering two $5 gift cards ($10 total) on a $30 Batman vs. Superman 3D.
How do you get two? I only see one $5.00 card for it.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:12 PM   #203
Power Member

Jun 2011
Orlando, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
How do you get two? I only see one $5.00 card for it.
The 2 card deal is dead now.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:04 AM   #204
Special Member

Jan 2010

Placed my order when the two $5 gift cards offer was live. I added a .99 pack of gum to get free shipping. I picked up my gum Sun. I told the customer service employee I was there to pick up the biggest online order ever. He asked me my name and started looking and said "Are you picking up the gum?" I said yes, he said I saw it in the box earlier and I was waiting to see who came to pick it up. I said there's a reason I did that, he said I'm sure there was. Lol
Thanks given by:
bud_brigman (06-28-2016), EVERRET (06-28-2016), winstonwolf (07-10-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #205
Power Member

Dec 2011
Gotham

Yes, I'm getting the Digibook and 3D release! Can't wait to watch this Ultimate Cut and the 3D version again...feels like I've been waiting forever for it...
Old 06-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #206

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightopian View Post
Yes, I'm getting the Digibook and 3D release! Can't wait to watch this Ultimate Cut and the 3D version again...feels like I've been waiting forever for it...
I haven't seen one Warners digibook that you can get discs in and out of without marking them. This one looks like it doesn't store the discs safely (i.e. with nothing touching the playing surface) so I would avoid it like the plague.

The standard 3D release comes in a normal box so that's the one I'm getting.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (06-28-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 12:05 AM   #207
Power Member

Dec 2011
Gotham

Nothing is going to stop me from getting 64 pages of Batman and Superman heaven. NOTHING!!!
Old 06-29-2016, 01:55 AM   #208
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightopian View Post
That's a nice collectible, agreed.
Still no release date yet for this. Hopefully soon.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:17 AM   #209
Power Member

Feb 2015
My Home Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
That's a nice collectible, agreed.
Still no release date yet for this. Hopefully soon.
If you're referring to Batman v Superman the release date has already been announced, and it is 20 days, 3 hours, 42 minutes, and 48 seconds away (July 19th).
Old 06-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #210

Oct 2009
Ile Bizard

Is there a 3d version of the extended cut in the works? It seems bizarre that the extended cut 3d package only includes a 3d version of the theatrical.

Last edited by risingstar; 06-29-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #211

Oct 2009
Ile Bizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogofwar View Post
I wasn't expecting the extended cut to be in 3D but I sure was hoping. I'm looking forward to watching this one again.

Hmmm... Why not? The Hobbit released 3d versions of he extended cut. Why not here, I wonder? Is this typical or should we expect another ultimate extended release with the extended in 3d... Disappointing, this is.

Last edited by risingstar; 06-29-2016 at 12:46 PM. Reason: The Hobbit in 3d - not LOTR in 3d. It was 4am-ish when I posted that.. ;)
Old 06-29-2016, 12:32 PM   #212
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Is there a 3d version of the extended cut in the works? It seems bizarre that the extended cut 3d package only includes a 3d version of the theatrical.
That's because there is no 3D version of the extended cut.

Quote:
Hmmm... Why not? LOTR released 3d versions of he extended cut. Why not here, I wonder? Is this typical or should we expect another ultimate extended release with the extended in 3d... Disappointing, this is.
Can't tell if you're joking or not.

LOTR didn't release 3D versions of the extended cuts, there are no 3D versions of any of the LOTR movies.

The Hobbit movies had 3D extended cuts but they were filmed in 3D, so that's why. So far The Hobbit movies are the only precedent for any movies having a 3D release of an extended cut.

Wolverine: 3D Theatrical 2D Extended
World War Z: 3D Theatrical 2D Extended
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters: 3D Theatrical 2D Extended
X-Men Days of Future Past Rogue Cut: 2D!

It's not bizarre that there is no 3D extended release planned for BvS, if anything it is the norm. It would cost the studio a lot more to convert the extra footage into 3D and they just cannot be bothered. Especially with home 3D still being a very niche market.
Thanks given by:
risingstar (06-29-2016), Zivouhr (06-29-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #213

Oct 2009
Ile Bizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post

It's not bizarre that there is no 3D extended release planned for BvS, if anything it is the norm. It would cost the studio a lot more to convert the extra footage into 3D and they just cannot be bothered. Especially with home 3D still being a very niche market.

Thanks for chiming in. I half-thought this might be an attempt by Warner to get fans to buy this 3d theatrical version first and then offer the 3d extended version somewhere down the road. However, from what you're saying, the extended 3d isn't in the cards at all. While I see your point about cost of converting the extra 30 minutes or so, it's still disappointing to learn that the extended isn't being offered in 3d.

Are you buying the ultimate 3d set?

P.S. I'm still waiting for The Force Awakens in 3d. That one seems to be taking long.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #214
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2011
USA

Lord of the Rings is unfortunately only in 2D. The Hobbit series has the extended 3D versions and theatrical 3D on blu ray 3D, as Levcore mentioned, but I wish LOTR's was working on a 3D conversion for a re-release down the road. It's possible.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #215
Power Member

Dec 2011
Gotham

No, if a movie was post converted in 3D, it's the theatrical cut (the final version) which gets the conversion because that's the finished product. Any scenes which were cut from the film happened before the 3D conversion would take place. Therefore those deleted scenes will always be in 2D. The only way you'll get a 3D version of the extended cut is if Warner Brothers sends that extended cut completed back to the 3D conversion team and they do it all over again from scratch. Which will cost big money and not worth the hassle.

As levcore has explained, The Hobbit is the exception because the whole film was filmed in 3D to begin with (no post 3D conversion took place). Therefore any scenes which were cut out during the editing phase were already in 3D and if they decided to add them in later on they have them sitting there in 3D already and will slot right in. They can release the whole extended film in 3D because all those deleted scenes were filmed in 3D from the get go.

I wish everyone did everything like Peter Jackson.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #216
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in. I half-thought this might be an attempt by Warner to get fans to buy this 3d theatrical version first and then offer the 3d extended version somewhere down the road. However, from what you're saying, the extended 3d isn't in the cards at all. While I see your point about cost of converting the extra 30 minutes or so, it's still disappointing to learn that the extended isn't being offered in 3d.

Are you buying the ultimate 3d set?

P.S. I'm still waiting for The Force Awakens in 3d. That one seems to be taking long.
Yeah I'm definitely buying the ultimate cut. Very keen to see the new scenes. Before we've these extended cuts I've usually watched the extended cut once, then stuck with the 3D version for all subsequent viewings. Seeing as this one is 30 minutes longer though, it's going to be really tricky choosing between the two. I really enjoyed the 3D in this.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (06-30-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #217
Expert Member

Dec 2013
Canada

Even some native 3D films don't get extended cuts in 3D, such as The Martian (which really annoys me). But we have to keep in mind that while the raw camera footage is in 3D, they would still need to do post-production work on any new footage i.e. visual effects/CGI, sound, etc... so it still costs additional $$$.
Thanks given by:
Adam_WM (06-29-2016), master gandhi (06-29-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #218
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Even some native 3D films don't get extended cuts in 3D, such as The Martian (which really annoys me). But we have to keep in mind that while the raw camera footage is in 3D, they would still need to do post-production work on any new footage i.e. visual effects/CGI, sound, etc... so it still costs additional $$$.
Exactly. And the Hobbit movies have VFX in practically every shot, so it's not like they simply grabbed the deleted scenes and plugged them into the movie. It took work. Not really sure why Hobbit is the only example of a 3D extended Blu-ray. Avatar got re-released into theaters in its special edition cut (not "extended", but it was extended) in 3D and never got a 3D Blu-ray of the special edition cut. No idea why. Maybe they didn't want to do branching on a 3D Blu?

Very curious.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:27 PM   #219
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gandhi View Post
Avatar got re-released into theaters in its special edition cut (not "extended", but it was extended) in 3D and never got a 3D Blu-ray of the special edition cut. No idea why. Maybe they didn't want to do branching on a 3D Blu?

Very curious.
We'll likely see an extended edition 3D BD for Avatar when we get closer to the release of Avatar 2.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:58 PM   #220
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada

I haven't seen the Ultimate Cut yet, but from the sounds of it that's shaping up to be the definitive version of the film. I didn't really enjoy the theatrical cut, so in this case I think I'll just forget that it existed, and go with the Ultimate Cut.

It's a shame they couldn't release the Ultimate Cut in 3-D, though. But for this release, I think I'll just be going with the UHD+BD combo pack. I might try to pick up the theatrical 3-D disc on eBay at some point and add it to the pack, to turn it into a release more like Japan's UHD+3D+BD combo.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies