Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Treasure of the Four Crowns 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Tomb Raider 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.34
 
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99
 
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.36
 
The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.49
 
The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.62
 
The Flesh and Blood Show (Blu-ray)
$12.49
 
Flesh for Frankenstein 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$36.04
 
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.28
 
Ape 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.49
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-28-2022, 09:45 AM   #161
levcore levcore is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Dryland
207
2211
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlardonio View Post
https://www.projectorcentral.com/top-3d-projectors.htm

In this website they explain and there's a list of best projectors at various prices.
Thank you, I will look at this link at lunch.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (01-28-2022)
Old 01-30-2022, 03:53 AM   #162
Energy Crisis Energy Crisis is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2015
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Thanks for the info, I can't be doing with any of the above so i guess it's better for me to go for a 3D projector, the problem is the ones that are just a 3D projector in my price range are listed as "HD ready" rather than just "HD" so i guess i need to circle back to, what does that difference mean for me? If 3D ready means i need extra equipment to get the 3D to work, does HD ready mean i need extra equipment to get it to work in HD? This is very confusing tbh as i'm not sure what HD ready means with regard to projectors and why there is even a difference between HD and HD ready. Why aren't all new projectors just "HD"?
All of the models you linked to at Richer Sounds are native Full HD projectors and all are 3D projectors that don't require anything additional but the glasses. You're fine with any of them.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (01-31-2022), levcore (02-01-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 12:20 PM   #163
levcore levcore is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Dryland
207
2211
3
Default

Thanks guys, still mulling it over. Jlardino did say 3D ready means you need additional tech but Energy crisis you say that all of those ones i linked, some of which were listed as 3D ready, don't need additional equipment to work?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 05:22 PM   #164
Jlardonio Jlardonio is online now
Power Member
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
2
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Thanks guys, still mulling it over. Jlardino did say 3D ready means you need additional tech but Energy crisis you say that all of those ones i linked, some of which were listed as 3D ready, don't need additional equipment to work?
Maybe the 3D ready is wrong placed, that should be Full HD 3D instead.

As the projectorcentral states:

There are presently two types of 3D Projectors: Full HD 3D and PC 3D Ready. All 3D projectors also support 2D. Prices of 3D and 2D projectors are comparable, unless the 3D projector includes an emitter and glasses. Performance is essentially the same.

Full HD 3D Projectors

A projector that is Full HD 3D compatible can use any of the 3D formats enabled in the HDMI 1.4 3D specification. These projectors are compatible with the 1080p 3D signal from a Blu-ray player, set-top box, or other HDMI 1.4 device.

PC 3D Ready Projectors

A projector that is PC 3D Ready can accept a 120Hz frame-sequential 3D signal from a computer via either NVIDIA's 3D Vision system or one of several educational software suites. These projectors are not compatible with the HDMI 1.4 3D specification used on 3D Blu-ray players and set-top boxes.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
levcore (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 02:09 AM   #165
Just_Discovered_3D Just_Discovered_3D is online now
Power Member
 
Aug 2021
Default

Yes, definitely do not get a 3D Ready projector.


On the plus side, they can all display 2D at 120 Hz. The downside is that without a converter box the only way to watch or game in 3D on them is to use a PC, and you'll have to use sketchy 3rd party programs to do it. The one that I use is Potplayer, it works rather well. Theoretically, PowerDVD will support 3D Ready if you use a Nvidia GPU but I have not gotten it to work.

These converter boxes existed, years ago, but I can't find one for sale.

However, if anyone is a bit skint then I have seen 720p DLP projectors that have Full HDMI 1.4 certified 3D going for around $100 on eBay. Full HDMI 1.4 3D is vastly more convenient.

A final quirk about 3D Ready is that you can only turn the 3D mode on or off if the projector detects a 3D capable signal. This means that if you accidentally leave your projector in 3D mode then you can be stuck in it later, and 3D mode washes out the picture unless you have 3D glasses on.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 07:18 AM   #166
Energy Crisis Energy Crisis is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2015
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Thanks guys, still mulling it over. Jlardino did say 3D ready means you need additional tech but Energy crisis you say that all of those ones i linked, some of which were listed as 3D ready, don't need additional equipment to work?
I'm trying to simplify this as much as possible. Richer Sounds shouldn't use the HD/3D Ready descriptions IMO as it's only causing confusion. Rest assured, ALL of these models you listed below are native 1080p Full HD projectors and the only thing you will need to watch 3D content is the glasses. The full specs for each model bear this out, so don't worry about the "ready" qualifier. In this context it's meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Hey all, any thoughts on these please?

Optoma, this one is 469 which is an agreeable price IMO
https://www.richersounds.com/optoma-hd145x-black.html

Optoma, This one is 799 so what makes it that much better than the one above?
https://www.richersounds.com/optoma-hd29hst-white.html

Optoma for 599
https://www.richersounds.com/optoma-gt1080e.html

Benq for 499
https://www.richersounds.com/benq-th585.html

what's the difference between 3D projector and 3D ready projector?

Picking the right projector is a minefield as there are so many options and it's a lot of money so i need to be 100% sure. I did think about getting a 4K/ 3D one but those are so much more expensive so it might just have to be a 1080p 3D one.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (02-03-2022), levcore (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 12:29 PM   #167
levcore levcore is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Dryland
207
2211
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlardonio View Post
Maybe the 3D ready is wrong placed, that should be Full HD 3D instead.

As the projectorcentral states:

There are presently two types of 3D Projectors: Full HD 3D and PC 3D Ready. All 3D projectors also support 2D. Prices of 3D and 2D projectors are comparable, unless the 3D projector includes an emitter and glasses. Performance is essentially the same.

Full HD 3D Projectors

A projector that is Full HD 3D compatible can use any of the 3D formats enabled in the HDMI 1.4 3D specification. These projectors are compatible with the 1080p 3D signal from a Blu-ray player, set-top box, or other HDMI 1.4 device.

PC 3D Ready Projectors

A projector that is PC 3D Ready can accept a 120Hz frame-sequential 3D signal from a computer via either NVIDIA's 3D Vision system or one of several educational software suites. These projectors are not compatible with the HDMI 1.4 3D specification used on 3D Blu-ray players and set-top boxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy Crisis View Post
I'm trying to simplify this as much as possible. Richer Sounds shouldn't use the HD/3D Ready descriptions IMO as it's only causing confusion. Rest assured, ALL of these models you listed below are native 1080p Full HD projectors and the only thing you will need to watch 3D content is the glasses. The full specs for each model bear this out, so don't worry about the "ready" qualifier. In this context it's meaningless.
Thank you both. As you say it seems the Richer Sounds website has made it more confusing than it needs to be!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 01:19 PM   #168
Jlardonio Jlardonio is online now
Power Member
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
2
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Thank you both. As you say it seems the Richer Sounds website has made it more confusing than it needs to be!
Yes, it seems to be the case.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
levcore (02-03-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 01:58 PM   #169
Cabanon Cabanon is offline
Senior Member
 
Sep 2011
St-Apollinaire, Quebec
7
321
Default

We're looking at building a new house and I want to build a proper Cinema room and I'm looking for maybe include a 4K+3D projector instead of 2 separate TV (1x 65in 4K + 1x 50in 3D). Now, it seems more confusing than ever when you enter this combo.

What are the current options ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #170
Jlardonio Jlardonio is online now
Power Member
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
2
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabanon View Post
We're looking at building a new house and I want to build a proper Cinema room and I'm looking for maybe include a 4K+3D projector instead of 2 separate TV (1x 65in 4K + 1x 50in 3D). Now, it seems more confusing than ever when you enter this combo.

What are the current options ?
https://www.projectorcentral.com/top-3d-projectors.htm

Check the Full HD 3D projectors on that website's list. You can check their specs and compare.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Cabanon (06-22-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 07:01 PM   #171
Cabanon Cabanon is offline
Senior Member
 
Sep 2011
St-Apollinaire, Quebec
7
321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlardonio View Post
https://www.projectorcentral.com/top-3d-projectors.htm

Check the Full HD 3D projectors on that website's list. You can check their specs and compare.
thank you. I see some models are available at my local A/V electronics store. I'll go check it out.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Players, Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 PM.