Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS5)
$29.99
1 hr ago
Warhammer Chaosbane (PS5)
$39.99

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (PS5)
$34.00

NBA 2K21 (PS5)
$49.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS5)
$24.99

Fifa 21 (PS5)
$59.94

Control (PS5)
$39.99

Godfall (PS5)
$41.61

Override 2 (PS5)
$29.99

Hitman 3 (PS5)
$49.94

Ratchet & Clank (PS5)
$69.88

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)
$69.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for PS5
400-499 256 69.00%
500-599 88 23.72%
600-699 10 2.70%
700+ 17 4.58%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM   #12421
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

I got mine on day one, I was lucky. But no one else I know is too worried about getting one yet, for the same reasons; there aren't any "real" PS5 games out yet. And they're right, aside from the PS4 upgrades that are available, there isn't anything that really pushes the PS5 and shows off what it can really do; Miles Morales included.

The second half of this year should change that though. It's a pain when they sell out (or get scalped). If you have PS+, I would suggest that you log onto the PSN store on a browser; that will let you add PS5 to your library, ready for when you do get one. The PS+ monthly games have been very good lately.
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #12422
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
I got mine on day one, I was lucky. But no one else I know is too worried about getting one yet, for the same reasons; there aren't any "real" PS5 games out yet. And they're right, aside from the PS4 upgrades that are available, there isn't anything that really pushes the PS5 and shows off what it can really do; Miles Morales included.

The second half of this year should change that though. It's a pain when they sell out (or get scalped). If you have PS+, I would suggest that you log onto the PSN store on a browser; that will let you add PS5 to your library, ready for when you do get one. The PS+ monthly games have been very good lately.
Agreed on all counts. I will add that we were somewhat warned that the jump from the PS4 to a PS5 wouldn't be as big of a graphics jump as it was from PS3 to PS4. Many of us were already playing 4K games with excellent textures and wonderful game play on the PS4 Pro. The only REAL difference between those games on the PS4 Pro and the PS5 is frame rate and load times.

Of course, Miles Morales is a release date title for the PS5 and developers will get better with using Raytracing, etc., but I don't expect PS5 graphics to improve too much over the life cycle of the console. Perhaps the PS5 Pro will eventually be a bigger graphics leap from the PS4 Pro.
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #12423
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKiller View Post
I still don't see the appeal of getting a PS5 right now. I literally see nothing that's worth paying $600+ for (after tax and buying at least 1 game, etc) that can't be played on PS4. I used to be a buy it on launch person, but as I get older, I realize how dumb that is. Unless you have lots of disposable income. Nevermind all the early issues with modern consoles. I always now wait until it's cheaper, in better shape, and has plenty of games to choose from. To each their own I guess....
So agree with this. I just don’t get why it’s selling out everywhere and in such a high demand. There’s almost literally no reason to get one right now. Sure if this is your first Sony console then you can get the PS5 and then play older titles on it. But an upgrade from the PS4?

And it's apparently full of bugs? Hell the PS5 rant thread has 33 pages...
Thanks given by:
CrowKiller (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #12424
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno2009 View Post
So agree with this. I just donít get why itís selling out everywhere and in such a high demand. Thereís almost literally no reason to get one right now. Sure if this is your first Sony console then you can get the PS5 and then play older titles on it. But an upgrade from the PS4?

I'm now glad I didn't get one also. I had money saved but now I see the light. Further down the road I will get a PS5 but like you said, no hurry at all. Instead, I picked up an Oculus Quest 2 and am glad that I did. Sony will not have an update to PSVR anytime soon and that one will still have a wire between headset and PS5. That's another turn off, especially after getting a stand along Quest 2. I do look forward to Resident Evil Village but I can play that on my PS4 Pro. It's good to see the light!
Thanks given by:
Jonno2009 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #12425
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonno2009 View Post
So agree with this. I just don’t get why it’s selling out everywhere and in such a high demand. There’s almost literally no reason to get one right now. Sure if this is your first Sony console then you can get the PS5 and then play older titles on it. But an upgrade from the PS4?

Every console when it first releases has sold out and has been in demand forever and at first there’s never been many exclusives at launch.

Last edited by Batman90; Yesterday at 10:31 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #12426
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this but this will be very helpful for PS5!

https://n4g.com/news/2405256/amds-eq...nd-xbox-series
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM   #12427
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
Every console when it first releases has sold out and has been in demand forever and thereís never been dealt any exclusives at launch.
I remember the Wii being crazy difficult to find for the first year. It was insane.
Old Today, 01:56 AM   #12428
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

AMD is apparently planning to update the PS5 and Xbox Series systems with their own version of DLSS, could make this generation last longer without a mid gen refresh if AMD can deliver.

https://twitter.com/spawnwavemedia/s...442716161?s=21
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5