Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Blackening 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
The Equalizer 3-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$48.55
 
The Flash 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
Star Trek: Picard - The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$31.95
3 hrs ago
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$48.33
 
The Equalizer 3 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Babylon 5: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$100.00
 
Rudy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
 
Silver Bullet 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.00
 
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Blu-ray)
$26.85
59 min ago
Violent Night 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
TerrorVision / The Video Dead (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2019, 11:41 PM   #18481
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I didnít criticise AR.
It was on that list of leisure pursuit lamentations in your earlier post that you implied were to blame for ruining the minds of the young.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:41 PM   #18482
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
It was on that list of leisure pursuit lamentations in your earlier post that you implied were to blame for ruining the minds of the young.
It was a list of things that compete for the attention of consumers.

Reading comprehension sir!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:42 PM   #18483
octagon octagon is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
octagon's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Chicago
117
2581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Then don't use that option.
See, that's exactly the kind of freedom our ancestors were trying to secure when they fought in the war.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (10-30-2019), Vilya (10-29-2019)
Old 10-29-2019, 11:43 PM   #18484
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
It makes me feel sick that the option could even be there in the first place. It’s only encouraging a certain behaviour pattern that could impact the future.
I had a satanic PS3 with that very option right under my nose for the last 12 years and it never corrupted me. I'm pretty sure that everyone else is safe, too.

Well, maybe not you; you're kinda impressionable. Save yourself! Destroy your Playstation now! All models must be killed, just to be safe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:43 PM   #18485
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post
See, that's exactly the kind of freedom our ancestors were trying to secure when they fought in the war.
The thing is, there is such a disregard for film now by youngsters that I can see 1.5 becoming a permanent fixture.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:45 PM   #18486
octagon octagon is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
octagon's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Chicago
117
2581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
The thing is, there is such a disregard for film now by youngsters that I can see 1.5 becoming a permanent fixture.
And yet those youngsters are the ones who actually go to films.

Weird.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:48 PM   #18487
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post
And yet those youngsters are the ones who actually go to films.

Weird.
Marvel fanboys anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:49 PM   #18488
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
It was a list of things that compete for the attention of consumers.

Reading comprehension sir!
I comprehended just fine. I think that blow-up doll of yours competes not only for too much of your attention, but also too much of the oxygen supply to your brain.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:51 PM   #18489
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I comprehended just fine. I think that blow-up doll of yours competes not only for too much of your attention, but also too much of the oxygen supply to your brain.
There was no mention of dislikes with that list. Music and gaming are things I love also.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:52 PM   #18490
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Marvel fanboys anyway.
Of which you are likely one.

I know of no "youngsters" that "disregard" movies. They may watch them via methods that you disapprove of, namely streaming, on devices that you hate, mobile devices, but that's your problem, not theirs.

They also support the cinema with their ticket purchases every bit as much as you do, maybe even more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:53 PM   #18491
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
There was no mention of dislikes with that list. Music and gaming are things I love also.
Especially when delivered digitally.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:54 PM   #18492
PenguinInfinity PenguinInfinity is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
The thing is, there is such a disregard for film now by youngsters that I can see 1.5 becoming a permanent fixture.
I'm confused as to why you would think that Netflix wants people to use the 1.5 option. If people watch things 50% faster then Netflix has to make 50% more content to keep their customers entertained for the same amount of time.

Netflix will provide it as an option (just as many other providers and players have done for many years) but they are never going to encourage anyone to watch everything sped up and there is absolutely 0% chance of them ever dropping the option to watch at normal speeds.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:55 PM   #18493
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

I will cease these posts for now but let it be known that having variable speed playback is a disgustingly bad idea.

From what I have read tonight, surely Netflix will backtrack. They donít need the hassle with Disney starting up. It certainly sounds like they are more than aware of the angry tweets. Brad Bird seems to be the latest to tweet his disgust. I respect that guyís talent very much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:57 PM   #18494
Vilya Vilya is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Vilya's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel
552
4877
3901
1319
3
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I will cease these posts for now but let it be known that having variable speed playback is a disgustingly bad idea.

From what I have read tonight, surely Netflix will backtrack. They donít need the hassle with Disney starting up. It certainly sounds like they are more than aware of the angry tweets. Brad Bird seems to be the latest to tweet his disgust. I respect that guyís talent very much.
I doubt Netflix gives a damn. They are not marketing their services to Hollywood insiders here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #18495
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Especially when delivered digitally.
No, Iím a vinyl guy. Separates and bookshelves for me also.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:59 PM   #18496
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I doubt Netflix gives a damn. They are not marketing their services to Hollywood insiders here.
No, but they do want creative talent. They wonít want to upset that same talent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:59 PM   #18497
PenguinInfinity PenguinInfinity is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I will cease these posts for now but let it be known that having variable speed playback is a disgustingly bad idea.

From what I have read tonight, surely Netflix will backtrack. They donít need the hassle with Disney starting up. It certainly sounds like they are more than aware of the angry tweets. Brad Bird seems to be the latest to tweet his disgust. I respect that guyís talent very much.
That just shows how oblivious many people are to the fact that many providers and players have had that option for many years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:01 AM   #18498
octagon octagon is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
octagon's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Chicago
117
2581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Marvel fanboys anyway.
Kids, amirite
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:01 AM   #18499
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Steedeel's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
England
150
919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
That just shows how oblivious many people are to the fact that many providers and players have had that option for many years.
Can you tell me where? Where have we had the option of playback at 1.5 with pitch correction on a mainstream, mass audience video device or service?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:02 AM   #18500
PenguinInfinity PenguinInfinity is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Can you tell me where? Where have we had the option of playback at 1.5 with pitch correction on a mainstream, mass audience device or service?
I already did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
It's not a new option. The PlayStation 3 can playback at 1.5 speed with pitch corrected audio. It came out 13 years ago and was the most popular Blu-ray player in the world for quite a few years.
YouTube, PlayStation Portable, and VLC media player all have the option as well. I've used it on all three of them.

Last edited by PenguinInfinity; 10-30-2019 at 12:06 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:21 AM.