Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Nun (Blu-ray)
$22.99
12 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
12 hrs ago
Freedom Fighters: The Ray (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
7 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
2 hrs ago
Mamma Mia! (Blu-ray)
$6.99
22 hrs ago
First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.45
14 hrs ago
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet

Old 03-06-2018, 08:40 PM   #1

Apr 2017
Question Could someone please explain Ultraviolet to me?

Also to tell me the best possible options and such for how to use it? I kinda feel like I've just been wasting the codes for years and wanna start using whatever for whatever you know?
Old 03-07-2018, 01:07 PM   #2
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulas314 View Post
Also to tell me the best possible options and such for how to use it? I kinda feel like I've just been wasting the codes for years and wanna start using whatever for whatever you know?
First are you in the US or another county like Canada, UK or anywhere else.

MYUV.com is where your ultraviolet libary is stored. You get it from redeeming codes or buying from a store front.

A store front is where you view your ultraviolet collection if they support the film in ultraviolet. Note most store fronts don't support all the Ultraviolet content out there and could be different per store.

In the US ultraviolet has been doing very well. It has VUDU, Fandagonow and if you got a Sony TV the Sony Ultra store and a few other store fronts that are quite small I believe and not worth mentioning (I believe Verizon was one once and not sure if it still is).

Out side the US it never got far. UK had a few and well now everywhere just has flixster and sonypictures store for Sony content and not well supported and Fox looks like it has dropped ultraviolet completely now.

In the US they now started moviesanywhere which started out as disneys alternative to Ultraviolet. That has the support of more studios now and is on several store fronts like Amazon, Itunes, VUDU and Google. Fandagonow might also be joining them soon.

Not all the studios support movies anywhere and those that do you can use VUDU to sync your ultraviolet films that also are setup with movies anywhere to movies anywhere libary as well.

TV shows at this time are not supported but it be interesting to see if Paramount, Lionsgate and others join movies anywhere and also add TV seasons to movies anywhere at somepoint.

At the moment moviesanywhere is a US service and not avilable outside the US (need to find a working proxy/vpn if you want an account from outside the US) and weather they will launch outside the US time will tell.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #3

Mar 2013

Long story short, UV is a digital locker where you store your movie rights (proof of purchases). UV then connects to Vudu or FandangoNow in the US) Your purchases show up in both accounts. You can redeem your codes directly in VUDU, or at https://www.myuv.com/.

Movies Anywhere is the same thing, except it connects to more retailers. iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, and Vudu. Most UV codes can be redeemed at http://www.moviesanywhere.com/welcome, or Vudu.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #4

Jul 2011
Default Could someone please explain Ultraviolet to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echopulse View Post
Movies Anywhere is the same thing, except it connects to more retailers. iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, and Vudu. Most UV codes can be redeemed at https://moviesanywhere.com/welcome, or Vudu.

That said, if you redeem them through Movies Anywhere, you will almost certainly lose the option to have those titles in your Ultraviolet locker. They’ll appear on Vudu, but won’t be available on any UV-linked providers.

You can, however, redeem those codes through an UV provider and it will be added (if eligible) to both your UV locker and your MA library (through Vudu).

...man, digital movies nowadays are complicated.

Last edited by twentythird; 03-07-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Thanks given by:
novoice2008 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #5

Sep 2017
Just across the river from Augusta National Golf Club

Saying digital movies nowadays being complicated is an understatement. If the process in place today was an employee, it would be fired! It could be much more efficient but it is all about greed...squeezing the last dime out of each movie. It gets old after a while. And this is how the industry treats the customer base that is buying the movies instead of stealing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentythird View Post
That said, if you redeem them through Movies Anywhere, you will almost certainly lose the option to have those titles in your Ultraviolet locker. They’ll appear on Vudu, but won’t be available on any UV-linked providers.

You can, however, redeem those codes through an UV provider and it will be added (if eligible) to both your UV locker and your MA library (through Vudu).

...man, digital movies nowadays are complicated.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet