Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
20 hrs ago
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Don't Look Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$57.73
3 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64

The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Hacksaw Ridge 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.00
20 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion > New Display Technologies

Old 07-12-2019, 09:32 PM   #4181
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
unless your tv is pro calibrated use others settings and recommendations as a guide line and set your tv as to how you want it to look. With OLED there seems to be no right or wrong/rhyme or reason when you read what some have their tv's set to and are very happy. That being said..if you want a sharper image..go for it, no sense watching your set unhappily because you were told.."hey that's wrong"...
The only way to watch it is the correct way
Old 07-15-2019, 02:38 AM   #4182

May 2010

Quick question...I have an LG B8 and have a question about TV recording. Can you only record the program that you are watching? I tried scheduling a recording for a show that was on in the middle of the night and it didn't work.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:14 PM   #4183
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

I was seeing earlier in this thread about someone saying that OLED’s aren’t selling how we think, but I believe LG are finally beginning to churn a profit on the technology, are the best-selling OLED TV brand, with Sony coming in behind them.

I mean, it’d be disingenuous to imply that OLED is a market killer… they most certainly are not, and never will be. A lot of casual buyers out there don’t care much about what they’re buying. They can walk into a Wal-Mart or even a Best Buy and get a 55” 4K LCD television at a starting price of, what, about $350? The casual consumer that does a little research likely aren’t looking to spend two grand on a television either… they want to know what the best bang for their buck is without going really high on a price point. So, they may instead buy something like the TCL 6 series or a Vizio M series or something.

But when it comes to the market of people buying higher end televisions, a lot of people vouch for OLED. They have slowly been gaining market share, despite having high costs and a limited production capacity compared to LCD’s. OLED TV’s were picking up a little steam of QLED’s near the end of 2017 and throughout a bit of 2018. While reviewers often talk about burn-in potential, they’ve pretty much all said that it won’t affect a fair majority of owners unless they’re hell-bent on watching nothing but sports with the same tickers on the screen, or the news with fixed logos on the screen at all times. RTINGS does a pretty comprehensive burn-in test under a number of conditions and you have to be watching the same sort of content A LOT for it to cause burn-in effect. So even a lot of consumers who are on the fence can feel pretty good about that, and a lot of OLED owners will tell you they’ve experienced no issues despite hundreds if not thousands of hours gaming.

LG I believe have recently said to begin production of OLED panels in a second factory or something… because OLED prices were kept a bit higher before – and they have fallen quite a bit over the years – it was partially due to the low production runs. Less units to sell, more money needed to try and churn a profit. But if they can ramp up panel production and make more and theoretically sell more, then we should see OLED prices come down even further. I don’t see LG’s future with OLED to be quite as grim as some.

Micro-LED/LCD is certainly going to be interesting, though. I feel like by the time they become a bit more mainstream, they’re going to be the expensive kid on the block while OLED prices are a bit better for the wallets of people who are serious about picture quality. We’ll just have to see about that all though… we can’t predict the future.
Thanks given by:
Thorbiddles (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #4184
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield80 View Post
The only way to watch it is the correct way
and that way is the way you like it....
Old 07-18-2019, 01:21 AM   #4185
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED65C8...edirect=mobile
Thanks given by:
coldheart (07-18-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion > New Display Technologies