Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99
9 hrs ago
Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99
9 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
16 hrs ago
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.59

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

The Peanut Butter Falcon (Blu-ray)
$12.96
8 hrs ago
Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Old 05-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #1

Aug 2011
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Default New/Old problem...looking for help.

I haven't been on this forum for a very very long time...but I wanted to stop by and say hello and present a new problem.

I am still using my Onkyo TX-NR1007 receiver as a pre/pro. I don't want to replace it since it's still working perfectly, however, I recently purchased a Crown XLS 1500 pro ampa which apparently requires 1.4v input. Well....I'm just NOT getting much out of this amp and as I understand it, as was a previous complaint I had about this receiver with my Emotiva UPA7 and my subwoofers, is that I'm not getting enough voltage output from the pre-outs.

So...with that said, what's the solution here? is there such a thing as a product that will take the low voltage output from the pre/pro area and increase it? It was suggested to get a minidsp unit but I have no idea about how to use it, and, that being said is there something like that which I could use to increase ALL my pre/pro outputs to a higher voltage?

I hope this all makes sense. I'm quite disappointed with this, and I guess it's been a problem since I bought the Onkyo and started using it as a pre/pro. I first noticed the issue with my subwoofers when all of a sudden they were MUCH less powerful than when I had an older Pioneer receiver. Now....I'm running into this issue again.

If there isn't a solution, what receiver is on the market that has at least 1.4v outputs from it's pre-outs? If I have to buy a new receiver, I at least want to make sure I get the right one for my applications. I'd really like to switch over to all pro amps Crown XLS 1502's etc.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:45 PM   #2

Aug 2011
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

well I think I found a solution that won't break the bank...although a bit of a pain in the butt...

http://artproaudio.com/isolators/product/cleanbox_pro/

cleanbox pro signal level amplifier 2 channel. We will see if this fixes the issue or not.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:53 AM   #3

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure-Evil View Post
well I think I found a solution that won't break the bank...although a bit of a pain in the butt...

http://artproaudio.com/isolators/product/cleanbox_pro/

cleanbox pro signal level amplifier 2 channel. We will see if this fixes the issue or not.
How did you make out? My older onkyo had to be donated because the sub out was not strong enough to turn on my def tech trinity sub,...which has no on/off switch. ( relies on signal alone to turn on )

The onkyo was new and around $900 bucks....I returned and went with a used Rotel pre/pro which worked great....no signal weakness could be noticed with all the pre-outs being utilized..... ( output to a 5 channel amp )

I'd go with a Yamaha.......I've never had any trouble and their pricing is fair.
Enjoy bro..

KD
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems