Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00
5 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$29.49
22 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

The Superman Motion Picture Anthology (Blu-ray)
$55.75
8 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Total Recall (Blu-ray)
$5.96
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 09-24-2018, 11:12 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Mexico
Default Help with sub-woofer intermittent issue

Hi, I've been looking for my particular issue over the internet without much help, was hoping someone with more knowledge on sub-woofer repairs could have an idea of what is going on.

The problem I am facing is that my sub-woofer randomly stops outputting any sound, but there is no clear pattern, oddly enough the solution that always works, is to disconnect both input cables (I am using a Y splitter) and then connect them back again, it also works disconnecting the splitter, it seems the important thing is to remove all contact from input cable before connecting it again.

This could work for days or for hours until the problem happens again.

My subwoofer is a Rythmik FV12 with a little over 6 1/2 years of use, everything else seems to be working, the fuse is fine, the power light indicator shows it is always on when it fails.

Would appreciate any info or links to help troubleshooting sub-woofers, thanks.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:29 PM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Please list some things you haven't. Like signal source (receiver/pre-amp), you mention having a splitter but don't mention the other sub, is this issue happening to the other sub too or just the one mentioned? What brand/model is the other sub?

The usual questions too, sub. Cables in good shape? did you replace the cables and the splitter already? Also, how long has this issue been going on?
Old 09-25-2018, 04:03 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
Please list some things you haven't. Like signal source (receiver/pre-amp), you mention having a splitter but don't mention the other sub, is this issue happening to the other sub too or just the one mentioned? What brand/model is the other sub?

The usual questions too, sub. Cables in good shape? did you replace the cables and the splitter already? Also, how long has this issue been going on?
I am only using one sub, my Yamaha receiver sends one signal, then I use the splitter to connect to both inputs on the sub.

Everything looks in good shape but have not been able to replace it as I need a very long cable.

Hopefully this will not be a problem anymore but the thing is since a few days ago I started noticing weird things in the house with regards electronics (light bulbs randomly getting low, or when turning other stuff on, and slight audio distortions when turning certain devices), today things started to get worse and it turned out there was an electrical problem in my house, voltage started to get very low, and it was fixed by an electrician today.

So hopefully the sub is not damaged as it appears most of my other equipment is ok, will need to use the system a few days to see if I still have problems.
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (09-26-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers