Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
Assault on Precinct 13 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
3 hrs ago
Now You See Me 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

3:10 to Yuma 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 10-18-2019, 05:39 AM   #14641
Expert Member

Dec 2011
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
and of course shit for tomorrow has already started....tonight.

got a call from one of my managers that someone already called in for tomorrow. so now i'll be working half of my shift in one department and the other half in another....when originally i was just working in one.

sigh...i guess it is what it is....sometimes being reliable sux.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-18-2019), sk33tr (10-18-2019), The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 12:10 PM   #14642
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
In the U.S.A.

Quote:
it's awesome when 2 people, from the same dept., don't come in for their shift.

first one i sent a text to, since they were 10 minutes late at that time, asking if they were coming in. "sorry, i woke up real sick and can't come in."

really? REALLY?! you can't even call in to tell someone?! the ****?!

second one sent a text to our dept. supervisor....who wasn't even working today; who then sent a text to me, telling me about it. they couldn't even call the store, either. they sent a damn text.

so instead of being able to do my job, i had to do one of theirs, borrow someone from another dept. and have them help until the late-shift people came in. thankfully i'm in another dept. for the rest of the night and don't have to deal with any of it. but for about 3 hours it really sucked. i wish they'd go through, clean house, and hire some better people.
At my place of employment, we have a 3 strikes and your out policy, call out 3x within 6 months and you're fired. Don't call out and just not show up, its an automatic 2 strikes. We also have an automated system so we can "text" in our absences and they will go straight to the manager's inbox, because quite frankly the managers don't care about excuses anyway.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-18-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #14643
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
The Diamond Capital of North America™

Quote:
[Show spoiler]and of course shit for tomorrow has already started....tonight.

got a call from one of my managers that someone already called in for tomorrow. so now i'll be working half of my shift in one department and the other half in another....when originally i was just working in one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike16 View Post
[Show spoiler]At my place of employment, we have a 3 strikes and your out policy, call out 3x within 6 months and you're fired. Don't call out and just not show up, its an automatic 2 strikes. We also have an automated system so we can "text" in our absences and they will go straight to the manager's inbox, because quite frankly the managers don't care about excuses anyway.
Here at The Mine, they've started a new part of our bonus based on attendance.
The attendance part of the bonus drops in increments after one and two missed days. After two, you don't get that part of the bonus. At 5 missed days, you don't get any bonus at all.
I've heard that attendance has improved greatly now.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #14644
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

Quote:
and of course shit for tomorrow has already started....tonight.

I don't know, I'd welcome breaking up the monotony for at least a day
Old 10-18-2019, 02:51 PM   #14645
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
I don't know, I'd welcome breaking up the monotony for at least a day
well, the department i WAS working in isn't my normal dept. so that was already breaking a bit of the monotony. but now i have to work in my normal dept. for the 1st half of my shift, take my lunch, then the other one for the 2nd half.

also, the dept. i was originally scheduled in....they'll be short-handed as well since i won't be in there. so someone calling in, in one dept. can put a strain on another dept.

thankfully i'm off tomorrow....and i have 3 in a row next weekend.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:30 PM   #14646
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

At a movie. Only two people had bought tickets. I had the back row to myself. This couple buys the two seats directly next to mine! I saw this ahead of time so I cancelled and got a different seat. However, they were using my old seat for all their stuff, long before I had cancelled.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:29 AM   #14647
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Sent a Netflix disc back ELEVEN DAYS AGO, and they still haven't shipped me my next one. Oh, and the "report disc hasn't arrived back" button doesn't work.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:05 AM   #14648
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Sent a Netflix disc back ELEVEN DAYS AGO, and they still haven't shipped me my next one. Oh, and the "report disc hasn't arrived back" button doesn't work.
They still ship discs? Honestly had no idea.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:30 PM   #14649
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
It's the easiest way I can keep up with new-release movies I didn't see in theaters and don't want to blind-buy (no Redbox kiosk at my grocery store ). The service has been shit for a while, though. I'm lucky to get a movie a week now, when it used to be, if I got a disc in the mail the same day I received it, I could count on getting a new one three or four days later. They must have closed a Netflix shipping center near me or something.
Thanks given by:
Kaiju (10-23-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #14650
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

construction ****ers hit another gas line.

Old 10-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #14651
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
In the U.S.A.

Quote:

We had that problem a couple weeks ago. Took them a whole week to fix it. Fortunately they only evacuated for a day & half...
Old 10-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #14652
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007

Quote:

Well at least they have not blown up your street as that has happened in my state a few times actually.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:22 PM   #14653
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
Well at least they have not blown up your street as that has happened in my state a few times actually.
jeez! yeah, glad THAT hasn't happened.

and the road crew is here paving the road (at least, the part they CAN pave). it'll be nice to not drive down a road made of gravel.

eta: they seem to be way more competent than the other guys.

Last edited by sk33tr; 10-22-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #14654
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
They have a lot of discs that aren't available to stream anywhere, so it's a good option for those who don't want to buy.
Thanks given by:
Kaiju (10-23-2019), Monterey Jack (10-23-2019), The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #14655
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

I wish I'd gotten into Law Enforcement - I'd have a lot of fun ticketing passive aggressive (or just imbecilic) drivers who think they own the roads (or sidewalks). I witnessed someone go around a bus to make a right just as the bus was about to move forward, forcing the bus driver to honk his horn like a madman at 6 AM. That was before some broad completely ignored me as she was pulling out of a gas station. My route to the train station takes me past a gas station and fast food drive-thru where drivers never acknowledge pedestrians. Hell, they don't acknowledge pedestrians anywhere they drive. If I were a cop I'd have a field day busting these jerks. I'd probably make Lieutenant in no time.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:32 PM   #14656
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2016
oHIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
I wish I'd gotten into Law Enforcement - I'd have a lot of fun ticketing passive aggressive (or just imbecilic) drivers who think they own the roads (or sidewalks). I witnessed someone go around a bus to make a right just as the bus was about to move forward, forcing the bus driver to honk his horn like a madman at 6 AM. That was before some broad completely ignored me as she was pulling out of a gas station. My route to the train station takes me past a gas station and fast food drive-thru where drivers never acknowledge pedestrians. Hell, they don't acknowledge pedestrians anywhere they drive. If I were a cop I'd have a field day busting these jerks. I'd probably make Lieutenant in no time.
There have been PLENTY of times I wish I were a cop.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:34 PM   #14657
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2016
oHIo

OT:

As some of you know, I an running for city council and election is now less than 2 weeks away. And right now I am fired up because I have had some of my signs totally disappearing, and in one case, ran over.

Then one of my opponents - who those that do know him think of as a douche - his MOMMY has been doing everything for him. And she's pretty well known and most do like her, and she's a city employee. She also runs a free weekly newspaper for my town and she constantly blasts his face and campaign images. I'm just very sick of it.

It is hard for me to remain calm and bite my tongue. Right now I'm just ticking away waiting to explode.
Thanks given by:
Infrared Sight (11-02-2019), The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 02:56 PM   #14658

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
You always have something to complain about. Have you thought of CBT therapy? It might help.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #14659
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Quote:
it's awesome when 2 people, from the same dept., don't come in for their shift.

first one i sent a text to, since they were 10 minutes late at that time, asking if they were coming in. "sorry, i woke up real sick and can't come in."

really? REALLY?! you can't even call in to tell someone?! the ****?!

second one sent a text to our dept. supervisor....who wasn't even working today; who then sent a text to me, telling me about it. they couldn't even call the store, either. they sent a damn text.
[Show spoiler]

so instead of being able to do my job, i had to do one of theirs, borrow someone from another dept. and have them help until the late-shift people came in. thankfully i'm in another dept. for the rest of the night and don't have to deal with any of it. but for about 3 hours it really sucked. i wish they'd go through, clean house, and hire some better people.
Yeaaaahhh, not a fan of the text option outside of work hours. The no call, no show is gone, but instead of listing it as a voluntary quit the store manager terminated him. I’m like WTF?!?!? Of course this is the same guy who still hasn’t read my text from last night that the store’s is armed and secured after I left them a message that the front door wasn’t locking. The lack of communication and feeling like the team leaders are the only ones being held accountable is starting to grate on me. Makes me wonder if he still wants me as his ASM
Old 10-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #14660
Blu-ray Knight

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Man, I love my wife, I truly do but one pet peeve of mine with her is the lack of assertiveness when it comes time to making a decision. She always defaults to me which I appreciate in that she respects and trusts me enough to make the right/a good decision, but dang, sometimes you need to put yourself out there and go to bat for something.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat