Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
Assault on Precinct 13 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
3 hrs ago
Now You See Me 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49
 
Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99
 
3:10 to Yuma 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99
 
Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2019, 05:39 AM   #14641
jeffster15 jeffster15 is offline
Expert Member
 
jeffster15's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
California
552
3111
97
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
and of course shit for tomorrow has already started....tonight.

got a call from one of my managers that someone already called in for tomorrow. so now i'll be working half of my shift in one department and the other half in another....when originally i was just working in one.

sigh...i guess it is what it is....sometimes being reliable sux.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-18-2019), sk33tr (10-18-2019), The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 12:10 PM   #14642
Mike16 Mike16 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Mike16's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
In the U.S.A.
108
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
it's awesome when 2 people, from the same dept., don't come in for their shift.

first one i sent a text to, since they were 10 minutes late at that time, asking if they were coming in. "sorry, i woke up real sick and can't come in."

really? REALLY?! you can't even call in to tell someone?! the ****?!

second one sent a text to our dept. supervisor....who wasn't even working today; who then sent a text to me, telling me about it. they couldn't even call the store, either. they sent a damn text.

so instead of being able to do my job, i had to do one of theirs, borrow someone from another dept. and have them help until the late-shift people came in. thankfully i'm in another dept. for the rest of the night and don't have to deal with any of it. but for about 3 hours it really sucked. i wish they'd go through, clean house, and hire some better people.
At my place of employment, we have a 3 strikes and your out policy, call out 3x within 6 months and you're fired. Don't call out and just not show up, its an automatic 2 strikes. We also have an automated system so we can "text" in our absences and they will go straight to the manager's inbox, because quite frankly the managers don't care about excuses anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-18-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #14643
Scarriere Scarriere is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Scarriere's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
The Diamond Capital of North America™
40
57
617
20
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
[Show spoiler]and of course shit for tomorrow has already started....tonight.

got a call from one of my managers that someone already called in for tomorrow. so now i'll be working half of my shift in one department and the other half in another....when originally i was just working in one.

sigh...i guess it is what it is....sometimes being reliable sux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike16 View Post
[Show spoiler]At my place of employment, we have a 3 strikes and your out policy, call out 3x within 6 months and you're fired. Don't call out and just not show up, its an automatic 2 strikes. We also have an automated system so we can "text" in our absences and they will go straight to the manager's inbox, because quite frankly the managers don't care about excuses anyway.
Here at The Mine, they've started a new part of our bonus based on attendance.
The attendance part of the bonus drops in increments after one and two missed days. After two, you don't get that part of the bonus. At 5 missed days, you don't get any bonus at all.
I've heard that attendance has improved greatly now.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #14644
Cinema84 Cinema84 is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Cinema84's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USNA
160
3418
685
102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
and of course shit for tomorrow has already started....tonight.

got a call from one of my managers that someone already called in for tomorrow. so now i'll be working half of my shift in one department and the other half in another....when originally i was just working in one.

sigh...i guess it is what it is....sometimes being reliable sux.
I don't know, I'd welcome breaking up the monotony for at least a day
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:51 PM   #14645
sk33tr sk33tr is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
sk33tr's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Alabama
21
234
9
109
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
I don't know, I'd welcome breaking up the monotony for at least a day
well, the department i WAS working in isn't my normal dept. so that was already breaking a bit of the monotony. but now i have to work in my normal dept. for the 1st half of my shift, take my lunch, then the other one for the 2nd half.

also, the dept. i was originally scheduled in....they'll be short-handed as well since i won't be in there. so someone calling in, in one dept. can put a strain on another dept.

thankfully i'm off tomorrow....and i have 3 in a row next weekend.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:30 PM   #14646
Samus Aran Samus Aran is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Samus Aran's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
USA
11
13
1046
162
2
179
Default

At a movie. Only two people had bought tickets. I had the back row to myself. This couple buys the two seats directly next to mine! I saw this ahead of time so I cancelled and got a different seat. However, they were using my old seat for all their stuff, long before I had cancelled.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:29 AM   #14647
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
470
Default

Sent a Netflix disc back ELEVEN DAYS AGO, and they still haven't shipped me my next one. Oh, and the "report disc hasn't arrived back" button doesn't work.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:05 AM   #14648
Kaiju Kaiju is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kaiju's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
36
201
81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Sent a Netflix disc back ELEVEN DAYS AGO, and they still haven't shipped me my next one. Oh, and the "report disc hasn't arrived back" button doesn't work.
They still ship discs? Honestly had no idea.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:30 PM   #14649
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
They still ship discs? Honestly had no idea.
It's the easiest way I can keep up with new-release movies I didn't see in theaters and don't want to blind-buy (no Redbox kiosk at my grocery store ). The service has been shit for a while, though. I'm lucky to get a movie a week now, when it used to be, if I got a disc in the mail the same day I received it, I could count on getting a new one three or four days later. They must have closed a Netflix shipping center near me or something.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kaiju (10-23-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #14650
sk33tr sk33tr is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
sk33tr's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Alabama
21
234
9
109
3
8
Default

construction ****ers hit another gas line.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #14651
Mike16 Mike16 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Mike16's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
In the U.S.A.
108
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
construction ****ers hit another gas line.

We had that problem a couple weeks ago. Took them a whole week to fix it. Fortunately they only evacuated for a day & half...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:09 PM   #14652
Bigdog Bigdog is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bigdog's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
14
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
construction ****ers hit another gas line.

Well at least they have not blown up your street as that has happened in my state a few times actually.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:22 PM   #14653
sk33tr sk33tr is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
sk33tr's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Alabama
21
234
9
109
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
Well at least they have not blown up your street as that has happened in my state a few times actually.
jeez! yeah, glad THAT hasn't happened.

and the road crew is here paving the road (at least, the part they CAN pave). it'll be nice to not drive down a road made of gravel.


eta: they seem to be way more competent than the other guys.

Last edited by sk33tr; 10-22-2019 at 07:39 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #14654
Samus Aran Samus Aran is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Samus Aran's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
USA
11
13
1046
162
2
179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
They still ship discs? Honestly had no idea.
They have a lot of discs that aren't available to stream anywhere, so it's a good option for those who don't want to buy.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kaiju (10-23-2019), Monterey Jack (10-23-2019), The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #14655
Cinema84 Cinema84 is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Cinema84's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
USNA
160
3418
685
102
Default

I wish I'd gotten into Law Enforcement - I'd have a lot of fun ticketing passive aggressive (or just imbecilic) drivers who think they own the roads (or sidewalks). I witnessed someone go around a bus to make a right just as the bus was about to move forward, forcing the bus driver to honk his horn like a madman at 6 AM. That was before some broad completely ignored me as she was pulling out of a gas station. My route to the train station takes me past a gas station and fast food drive-thru where drivers never acknowledge pedestrians. Hell, they don't acknowledge pedestrians anywhere they drive. If I were a cop I'd have a field day busting these jerks. I'd probably make Lieutenant in no time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:32 PM   #14656
BizCat BizCat is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
BizCat's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
oHIo
299
1941
80
124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
I wish I'd gotten into Law Enforcement - I'd have a lot of fun ticketing passive aggressive (or just imbecilic) drivers who think they own the roads (or sidewalks). I witnessed someone go around a bus to make a right just as the bus was about to move forward, forcing the bus driver to honk his horn like a madman at 6 AM. That was before some broad completely ignored me as she was pulling out of a gas station. My route to the train station takes me past a gas station and fast food drive-thru where drivers never acknowledge pedestrians. Hell, they don't acknowledge pedestrians anywhere they drive. If I were a cop I'd have a field day busting these jerks. I'd probably make Lieutenant in no time.
There have been PLENTY of times I wish I were a cop.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:34 PM   #14657
BizCat BizCat is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
BizCat's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
oHIo
299
1941
80
124
Default

OT:

As some of you know, I an running for city council and election is now less than 2 weeks away. And right now I am fired up because I have had some of my signs totally disappearing, and in one case, ran over.

Then one of my opponents - who those that do know him think of as a douche - his MOMMY has been doing everything for him. And she's pretty well known and most do like her, and she's a city employee. She also runs a free weekly newspaper for my town and she constantly blasts his face and campaign images. I'm just very sick of it.

It is hard for me to remain calm and bite my tongue. Right now I'm just ticking away waiting to explode.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Infrared Sight (11-02-2019), The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Old 10-23-2019, 02:56 PM   #14658
boringperson boringperson is offline
Active Member
 
May 2019
12
124
8
19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey Jack View Post
Sent a Netflix disc back ELEVEN DAYS AGO, and they still haven't shipped me my next one. Oh, and the "report disc hasn't arrived back" button doesn't work.
You always have something to complain about. Have you thought of CBT therapy? It might help.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #14659
The_Donster The_Donster is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
The_Donster's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas
1
216
231
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
it's awesome when 2 people, from the same dept., don't come in for their shift.

first one i sent a text to, since they were 10 minutes late at that time, asking if they were coming in. "sorry, i woke up real sick and can't come in."

really? REALLY?! you can't even call in to tell someone?! the ****?!

second one sent a text to our dept. supervisor....who wasn't even working today; who then sent a text to me, telling me about it. they couldn't even call the store, either. they sent a damn text.
[Show spoiler]

so instead of being able to do my job, i had to do one of theirs, borrow someone from another dept. and have them help until the late-shift people came in. thankfully i'm in another dept. for the rest of the night and don't have to deal with any of it. but for about 3 hours it really sucked. i wish they'd go through, clean house, and hire some better people.
Yeaaaahhh, not a fan of the text option outside of work hours. The no call, no show is gone, but instead of listing it as a voluntary quit the store manager terminated him. I’m like WTF?!?!? Of course this is the same guy who still hasn’t read my text from last night that the store’s is armed and secured after I left them a message that the front door wasn’t locking. The lack of communication and feeling like the team leaders are the only ones being held accountable is starting to grate on me. Makes me wonder if he still wants me as his ASM
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #14660
RageATL RageATL is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
RageATL's Avatar
 
May 2010
The Great Indoors
1
10
307
2
Default

Man, I love my wife, I truly do but one pet peeve of mine with her is the lack of assertiveness when it comes time to making a decision. She always defaults to me which I appreciate in that she respects and trusts me enough to make the right/a good decision, but dang, sometimes you need to put yourself out there and go to bat for something.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (10-24-2019)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 PM.