Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
23 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$38.49

Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
17 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak (Blu-ray)
$22.99
10 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99
23 hrs ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Star Trek: Discovery - Season Two (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$62.99
23 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$179.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 07-09-2019, 07:36 PM   #481
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

one forum i'm a member of...we have no filters on words. you can talk about anything you wanna talk about with no bans or suspensions. hell, we can talk about political stuff over there and it really doesn't get heated. it's a sports forum, mainly; but we have a general section (sort of like here) that we use to talk about anything else.

i like this place, i really do...but sometimes it just gets so frustrating with the amount of stuff you can't talk about without fear of pissing someone off or somebody crying to a mod 'cause their feelings got hurt.

i've only ever put one person on ignore..and that was on the other site...due to he and i just not getting along at all. it started to get a bit personal, so i just put them on ignore. on here, i don't have anyone on ignore. but i see that feature as a way to not see stuff from people with whom you may not like or differ greatly on certain things. i mean if you really, REALLY get so upset about something someone says about...whatever...put them on ignore and move on. either that or just skip over anything they post anytime you see their username/avatar.

but i think you're correct, BWBODDY, some people just want something to complain about so they find the smallest thing they can and go running to a mod.

me? couldn't care less one way or the other. i don't have thin skin 'cause i'm not a little cry-baby that causes every little thing to upset me.
Thanks given by:
BWBODDY (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 09:12 PM   #482
Power Member

Apr 2017
England, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
one forum i'm a member of...we have no filters on words. you can talk about anything you wanna talk about with no bans or suspensions. hell, we can talk about political stuff over there and it really doesn't get heated.
Same here, there's only one forum out of all the ones that I'm on (or have been on in the past) that allow political debates. I really don't understand why they're not permitted here - as long as it's kept civil and nobody insults other members, I see no reason for not allowing them.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #483
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV19 View Post
Same here, there's only one forum out of all the ones that I'm on (or have been on in the past) that allow political debates. I really don't understand why they're not permitted here - as long as it's kept civil and nobody insults other members, I see no reason for not allowing them.
i've thought for a while they could have a political forum and have it set as private. and you have to be admitted/allowed to join to be able to even see it. that way, if someone doesn't want to engage in political talk, then they won't even see the forum and therefore wouldn't have to deal with anything discussed in it. and they could make it to where you click a checkbox saying you understand that things can and might get personal with regard to the talk and that, unless it's a threat, things said to you will not be dealt with in the same way as the rest of the forum.

the other forum i spoke of, we had a private part there that only select members were allowed to post in or even see.
Thanks given by:
CV19 (07-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #484
Power Member

Apr 2017
England, UK

Quote:
i've thought for a while they could have a political forum and have it set as private. and you have to be admitted/allowed to join to be able to even see it. that way, if someone doesn't want to engage in political talk, then they won't even see the forum and therefore wouldn't have to deal with anything discussed in it. and they could make it to where you click a checkbox saying you understand that things can and might get personal with regard to the talk and that, unless it's a threat, things said to you will not be dealt with in the same way as the rest of the forum.

the other forum i spoke of, we had a private part there that only select members were allowed to post in or even see.
Yep, I'd be perfectly happy to go along with that. The forum I referred to has an "off-topic discussion" section right at the bottom of all the film related sections, but this is open to all members. The subject of Brexit came up once or twice, and you can probably imagine this was quite a hot topic, but yet surprisingly it never really got out of hand.

But I do like your idea however, just in case one or two sensitive souls go out of their way to be offended.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #485
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

My niece was just diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She's 22

Thankfully they caught it early..
Old 07-14-2019, 11:54 AM   #486
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
My niece was just diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She's 22

Thankfully they caught it early..
damn....so sorry to hear about that.

is there any chance of treatment?
Old 07-14-2019, 12:19 PM   #487
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

Quote:
damn....so sorry to hear about that.

is there any chance of treatment?
They're considering removing her lymph nodes but are weighing the risks. Since they caught it early the prognosis is good
Thanks given by:
sk33tr (07-14-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 04:58 PM   #488
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Parents dog passed away this morning. I was just over there helping my father clean his truck inside and out and spent some time with the dog giving him a good brushing on Sunday. He was way over weight these last couple of years due to a variety of health issues. My dad took him in today as he was having trouble breathing and from what they said he had a heart attack right then and there.

I'm still at work and got the news but I know my father will be a wreck. He just retired two weeks ago as well.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:04 PM   #489
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2016
oHIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Parents dog passed away this morning. I was just over there helping my father clean his truck inside and out and spent some time with the dog giving him a good brushing on Sunday. He was way over weight these last couple of years due to a variety of health issues. My dad took him in today as he was having trouble breathing and from what they said he had a heart attack right then and there.

I'm still at work and got the news but I know my father will be a wreck. He just retired two weeks ago as well.
Sorry
Old 07-16-2019, 05:26 PM   #490
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post

damn! always hate to hear of pets that are loved dying.

my current pet (cat) is awesome and i love her to death...but i still get choked up and sand when i think about my previous cat. he was a rescue that was given to me as a birthday gift from a close friend. i cried for 3 damn days after he'd gone...
Old 09-09-2019, 11:42 PM   #491
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

I am sure there is some sadness buried in me somewhere but I've been through a range of emotions following a recent break up with someone I was seeing this year.
This break up was probably a long time coming, had broken up a couple times over the summer, slapped a band aid on things and moved on, which is maybe why I am not all that sad at the moment, the writing was on the wall I suppose but this one, for better or worse, seems final.
A lot of things said during our last "fight" probably can't be taken back and I am sure a lot of the things directed at me were probably true. I gave what I could and sometimes that's just not enough.
I think part of the sadness I do feel is just coming to the realization about myself that I'm probably just not a good guy and being as old as I am, its probably not a cycle I am likely to break.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:34 PM   #492
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

I'm tired of fighting depression; I can never win, it just feels pointless.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:32 AM   #493
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
The Diamond Capital of North Americaô

I donít know for sure, but it seems likely that my ex-step-son may be finished here at The Mine.
I donít fault him. I know that the Higher Ups failed him and he lost interest.
I mentioned to a coworker that Iím angry and want to meet with them and go guns blazing on them. My coworker talked me out of it.

My stepsonís work was respected and had a great future. Iím sad that the people who make decisions here donít give a **** about us.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:38 AM   #494
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
I donít know for sure, but it seems likely that my ex-step-son may be finished here at The Mine.
I donít fault him. I know that the Higher Ups failed him and he lost interest.
I mentioned to a coworker that Iím angry and want to meet with them and go guns blazing on them. My coworker talked me out of it.

My stepsonís work was respected and had a great future. Iím sad that the people who make decisions here donít give a **** about us.
that sux, man. i hate when good people/workers aren't taken care of and are left out in the cold (so to speak). i always took care of my people, especially the good ones. i TRIED to take care of everyone, but sometimes they just didn't want to be there...and i never faulted them for leaving. but the good ones, i tried to take extra time with and keep them around as long as i could.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-12-2019), The_Donster (Yesterday)
Old 10-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #495
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

Thank you for doing that sk33tr!
Thanks given by:
sk33tr (10-12-2019), The_Donster (Yesterday)
Old 10-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #496
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Hell I've been depressed for about a couple weeks now. At least I am seeing a therapist to discuss things again. Honestly starting the cashiering at PetSmart made me happier but also sadder and more down because I miss my princess. I'm like reminded to much of her even though everything is different yet it isn't. I don't care about the age difference but I just wished we stayed in each other's life as at least friends.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-15-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 12:28 AM   #497
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008

The wolf thatís been hanging around here has become a nuisance and theyíre gonna have it killed.
Itís too bad that the people who have been feeding it wonít realize that itís their fault that this beautiful animal loses its life.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:26 AM   #498
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
The wolf thatís been hanging around here has become a nuisance and theyíre gonna have it killed.
Itís too bad that the people who have been feeding it wonít realize that itís their fault that this beautiful animal loses its life.
and that's why you don't feed wild animals. when you do, they hang around 'cause it's a good source of food. so why would they go anywhere else?

as long they're getting to eat without really trying, they won't seek out any other source. like when people in more rural locations let their pets run free then get all mad when the local wildlife (coyotes, wolves, etc.) keeps eating them.

they're wild....let them stay that way.

sux for that wolf. all it was doing was eating.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 03:18 AM   #499
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Old Yesterday, 04:25 AM   #500
The Trash Stash

i am so sad!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat