Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
X-Men: Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
6 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
6 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
4 hrs ago
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$48.74
2 hrs ago
Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
7 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
6 hrs ago
My Bloody Valentine (Blu-ray)
$27.86
4 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (Blu-ray)
$6.00
4 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 06-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007
san die ego
Cool What does your name/avatar mean?

yesterday coolmilo complimented me on my avatar which is a picture I took of my grandpa (thanks by the way). also yesterday I talked to the la blu girl mod about her name and got a little insight into how she came up with that title. there are amny of you with interesting names and avatars and was just curious as to what they mean or how you came up with them.

my name came from what a friend used to call me. he derived it from part of my last name.

I got the picture of my grandpa when I was doing some portraits of him almost a year ago. he wouldn't smile saying he was ''too old to get his muscles to do that''. so when I started making fun of him a bit he beared his teeth (which I got another photo of) then stuck his toungue out at me. after I got the pic I fell over laughing. (guess you had to be there).

names i'm really interested in hearing about are writesimply, provenflipper, btbuck1 (cuz of the buck). they just seem like cool cats.

Last edited by buckshot; 06-19-2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: forgot my manners
Old 06-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #2

May 2007

I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean shit.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
Hot Deals moderator

Mar 2007
Duluth, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by slee915 View Post
I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean shit.
ROFL Isnt that from Pulp Fiction? Awesome movie!!!

Mine just stands for Captain Jack Sparrow (you know from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies)

just curious buckshot, did la blu girl tell you it had to do with a "cartoon" of sorts?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007
san die ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJS234 View Post
ROFL Isnt that from Pulp Fiction? Awesome movie!!!

Mine just stands for Captain Jack Sparrow (you know from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies)

just curious buckshot, did la blu girl tell you it had to do with a "cartoon" of sorts?
no, I knew what it was, and so she called me out on knowing what it was. woops.

savvy?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #5

Jun 2007

my avater means Type-R which means Type-Racing. In japan they sell Type-R's where in the USA they now only sell Si's and Type-S's but are releasing Civic Type-R's in 2010 in the USA. Si stands for Sport Injected and Type-S stands for Type-Sports, there are also Si-R which stands for Sport Injected Racing. Type-R meaning Type-Racing is the best out of all 3.

Here are some pics of some Type-R's.

A Honda Integra Type-R, it looks like a Acura RSX because it is a Acura RSX, in japan they don't have Acura, they call it the Honda Integra in Japan, in the USA they call Integra's as RSX's. The Honda Integra Type-R is faster than the Acura RSX Type-S in the US because Type-R is better of course.

and here is a Japanese '07 Honda Civic Type-R (it's Japanese because the European style is different). umor has it that it's going to be released in the US by 2010, it's been awhile since they released a Type-R in the US, but why 2010? 3 years later? there would be a better car already.

here's a acura integra type-r, this is a type-r that they sold in the us back back then.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #6

Mar 2007
Default Teacher Man

I typically try to use teacher_man99 in any forum, etc. as it's been my e-mail address for about 8 years now. I first graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Middle School Education in 1999. Only in the last year or so have I seen it show up "Teacher Man" as the title of a Frank McCourt novel (he, too, was a teacher).

My avatar took awhile to find for what I wanted. Obviously it Morpheus, from The Matrix movies. I especially enjoy this pic of Morpheus from the first film, comparing humans in the machines' captivity to Duracell batteries. IMO, it's a great reference to how we are seen by the machine of industry.

I'm patiently waiting for The Matrix set on Blu-ray, I enjoyed all of them.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
Expert Member

Mar 2007

Once upon a time, Rusmonster Bobgoblin the Hobgoblin (Rusty for short) was a D&D character I had.
Rather than buy scale figures to play with my friends and I made figures out of oven-bake clay.
My avatar is a pic of said clay figure. Hideous, no?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Nov 2006

Avatar - Spurs crest, loyalty to my football team.

Name - from the simpsons, number is the year I was born.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #9
Expert Member

Dec 2006
TO Canada

Mine comes from my pleasure of self inflicted pain and embarassment. I am also known as "I PunCh mY oWn CoCk II" on gaming occasion.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #10
Special Member

Apr 2007
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLu-Balls View Post
Mine comes from my pleasure of self inflicted pain and embarassment. I am also known as "I PunCh mY oWn CoCk II" on gaming occasion.
that would kill dude

mine is because i've been playing video games since i was 5 mario and stuff so iam a gamer 4 ever but h8 nintendo now its all about PS3 baby
Old 06-19-2007, 02:25 PM   #11
Expert Member

Jan 2007
Ft. Worth

My nick has nothing to do with pilots - though I am one, or with top gun, or with Val Kilmer in any way.

I picked up my email account many years ago when I first got back from being the officer in charge of "Operation Deepfreeze" - The Navy detatchment at McMurdo Station Antarctica. Iceman was taken, so was Iceman2, so I went to roman numerals, Iceman_II. Its just easier to keep the same nickname on all the boards where I am active.

After being stationed in both Antarctica and Iceland, I figure I have earned the nickname

I hate to tell you this Type-R... but its still a honda... As we used to say back home when I was a kid, "you can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end all you have is a pig with lipstick."

FWIW, here is MY ride

Last edited by Iceman_II; 06-19-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #12

Feb 2007
california

name is short for crazydelishous blu. i got crazydelishous from an snl 'music video' chronicles of narnia. i thought it was hilarious and used it for email n stuff. for this forum i just added blu to sound cool. my avatar is death. why i picked it? just thought it looked kool. bshot i also think you have the best avatar[very original], with me a close second lol.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007
san die ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdblu View Post
name is short for crazydelishous blu. i got crazydelishous from an snl 'music video' chronicles of narnia. i thought it was hilarious and used it for email n stuff. for this forum i just added blu to sound cool. my avatar is death. why i picked it? just thought it looked kool. bshot i also think you have the best avatar[very original], with me a close second lol.
thank you as well. buuuttt your avatar scares me. stay away. btw ever seen a show from showtime called dead like me? interesting take on the grim reaper thing.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #14

Apr 2007

My name is...my name in pig latin. It goes back to a joke that came up duringfieldwork more than a decade ago when I was the youngest member of the research team.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #15

Apr 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Send a message via AIM to crunchywyte

I combined two names crunchy black and Lil Wyte to get Crunchy Wyte...I did as a joke with my friends and it stuck so now I just use it everywhere....BTW Crunchy Black and Lil Wyte are rappers that are affiliated with Three 6 Mafia out of Memphis Tennessee...

I am a Software Engineer by day, blu-ray watcher by night

Last edited by crunchywyte; 09-14-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #16
Expert Member

Oct 2006
Tonight! you!
Send a message via AIM to Blubaru

My name comes from my car.

I have a Blue Subaru(04 WRX STI)
Old 06-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #17

Apr 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Send a message via AIM to crunchywyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaru View Post
My name comes from my car.

I have a Blue Subaru(04 WRX STI)
AWESOME CAR! I almost got a black 05 WRX STi with gold rims.....but had to pass for the time being, but it is still on my list.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #18
Special Member

Mar 2007
Denver, CO

Doesn't mean anything, but do you know how long it took me to find a blue tiger avatar? I'm actually surprised I did.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #19

May 2007
Qc, Canada
Send a message via MSN to AxL_the_Red

My avatar is the Montreal Canadiens' crest and I came up with my name when setting up my PSN account. My name is Axel and I like the red color. Also, can someone guess where the quote from my sig came from?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #20

Dec 2006
Over here

I am 6'5" and my initials are MF. I also like to act all insulted when people take it to mean something else. Someday I'll get an avatar.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat