Best Blu-ray Movie Deals



Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Jerk (Blu-ray)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49
 
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97
 
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30
 
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39
 
La Poison (Blu-ray)
$17.24
13 hrs ago
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 AM   #41
DjMethod DjMethod is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
DjMethod's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Hårga
695
2
Default

THE FACTS:
1. Ghost in the Shell is the best anime ever made.

2. Passion of the Christ is the most powerful and disturbing movie ever made.

3. Jim Carrey is the most talented comedian in movies.

4. Robert LaSardo has the potential to be one of the most convincing villains in any movie, if given the chance. (Exemplified in Nip/Tuck Season 1)

5. The Mist has the worst ending.

6. Digibooks are crap.

7. Sin City > Watchmen

8. Samuel L. Jackson is the coolest man alive.

9. Babel should have won the 2007 Best Picture Oscar (Yes, over The Departed).

10. Titanic did not suck.

11. Kate Beckinsale is the most beautiful woman alive.

12. Joss Whedon's shows need to stop getting canceled.

13. The IMDB top 250 is a hype-machine.

14. Pineapple Express is way overrated.

15. The Spirit was hilarious and fun and did not suck.

16. 3-D is a gimmick.

17. Everybody hates Michael Bay but buys his movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
12. The Seven Samurai is the greatest film of all time. Fact!
+1
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 AM   #42
assydingo assydingo is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
assydingo's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
484
12
3
Default

1. Watchmen is the greatest movie about super heroes so far.

2. The Dark Knight is overrated... not.

3. Transformers: ROTF was exactly what the sequel should have been. People who say it's the worst movie of the year must've not liked the first and in that case why bother seeing it?

4. Punisher Warzone is as good if not better than 2004's Punisher. I like both.

5. Chris Klein's performance in Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li was Oscar worthy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #43
jhiggy23 jhiggy23 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jhiggy23's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Club Loop
488
6
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMethod View Post
THE FACTS:
1. Ghost in the Shell is the best anime ever made.

2. Passion of the Christ is the most powerful and disturbing movie ever made.

3. Jim Carrey is the most talented comedian in movies. In modern comedy, yes. That doesn't mean his films are good though.

4. Robert LaSardo has the potential to be one of the most convincing villains in any movie, if given the chance. (Exemplified in Nip/Tuck Season 1)

5. The Mist has the worst ending. Not the worst, but pretty bad imo. I prefer King's open-ended ending.

6. Digibooks are crap.

7. Sin City > Watchmen

8. Samuel L. Jackson is the coolest man alive.

9. Babel should have won the 2007 Best Picture Oscar (Yes, over The Departed). Of those nominated, Letters From Iwo Jima was the best. The best film of the year, however, was BY FAR The Lives of Others, which won best foreign film. It is not even close.

10. Titanic did not suck. Agreed. A technical marvel and a fantastic film.

11. Kate Beckinsale is the most beautiful woman alive. She is def gorgeous. I prefer Natascha Mcelhone though.

12. Joss Whedon's shows need to stop getting canceled. Agreed, great writer.

13. The IMDB top 250 is a hype-machine. No debate here.

14. Pineapple Express is way overrated. Terrible film. I quite honestly did not laugh once.

15. The Spirit was hilarious and fun and did not suck.

16. 3-D is a gimmick. Agreed, however I am interested to see Cameron's take on it.

17. Everybody hates Michael Bay but buys his movies. Def, mainly due to them being somewhat entertaining. People love their mindless action flicks.


+1


See above.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #44
ZedsDead ZedsDead is offline
Senior Member
 
ZedsDead's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
28
94
Default

- If I were given 3 wishes, one of them would be for Tarantino to tell me what's in the case in Pulp Fiction

- 300 > Gladiator

- Larry David is God's gift to comedy.

- If The Spirit came out before Sin City it would have been much more successful.

- Rambo IV was the most entertaining, but First Blood is a better movie.

- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King is unbearably long, I thought it dragged and dragged. I really enjoyed the first two however.

- Star Trek 2009 was all about gaining new fans, any trek fan too short sighted to see that and then turn around and complain about it should lose all privileges to watch a franchise based entirely on the distant future.

- Heroes peaked after season 1.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:33 AM   #45
assydingo assydingo is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
assydingo's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
484
12
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMethod View Post
THE FACTS:
12. Joss Whedon's shows need to stop getting canceled.
While my personal favorite is Buffy I'd say Firefly would have been his best show given time. Even if Dollhouse was his weakest show it was still better than average. Maybe he needs a better network than Fox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsDead View Post
- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King is unbearably long, I thought it dragged and dragged. I really enjoyed the first two however.
I watched it three or four times in theater and never wanted it to end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #46
Groo The Perverted Groo The Perverted is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Groo The Perverted's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
109
8
272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamespic1118 View Post
HBO's "The Wire" is the greatest show ever. The fact it didn't get any nominations for anything is simply disgusting.
+infinity
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #47
Elvis Elvis is offline
Banned
 
Elvis's Avatar
 
May 2009
The Jungle Room
1
327
45
10
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsDead View Post
-
- Star Trek 2009 was all about gaining new fans, any trek fan too short sighted to see that and then turn around and complain about it should lose all privileges to watch a franchise based entirely on the distant future.
Trek does not need any new fans.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:37 AM   #48
Groo The Perverted Groo The Perverted is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Groo The Perverted's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
109
8
272
Default

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a great film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:40 AM   #49
jhiggy23 jhiggy23 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jhiggy23's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Club Loop
488
6
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming in Blu View Post
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a great film.

Agreed. It took me three viewings to believe so, though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:14 PM   #50
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
245
938
1
74
Default

1. Denzel Washington is the greatest actor of all time!!

2. The Shawshank Redemption is the greatest film of all time!

3. The Dark Knight wouldnt have made nearly as much money if Heath Ledger never died!

4. Keanu Reeves plays a robot in every film if u catch my drift!

5. 24 is the best show of all time!

6. Superman Returns is highly underrated!

7. Denzel shouldve easily won "best actor" for playing Malcolm X.

8. Denzel winning "best actor" for Training Day was a makeup for him not winning it for Malcolm X.

9. Halle Berry & Billy Bob Thornton really had sex in Monster's Ball! (really)

10. I predict that M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender will be better than James Cameron's Avatar!


Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #51
jadedeath jadedeath is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
jadedeath's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff Magnum View Post
Czar, is that you? J/K. Actually, i agree with most of your points, except Star Trek, which i have not seen.
It can't be Czar... he didn't say GET 'EM or HAVE 'EM...

Logan
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #52
Fighter Fighter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
☣☣☣☣☣
14
Default

Dude....you got a thing for Denzel or what????
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #53
thePhoenix thePhoenix is offline
Power Member
 
thePhoenix's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Believeland
7
106
11
Wink

First of all, Ben Alfeck couldn't act his way out of a paper bag!

Second, Tarantino's best movie is Inglorious Basterds.

Third, Children of Men is a crapfest!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #54
thePhoenix thePhoenix is offline
Power Member
 
thePhoenix's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Believeland
7
106
11
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
1. Denzel Washington is the greatest actor of all time!!

2. The Shawshank Redemption is the greatest film of all time!

3. The Dark Knight wouldnt have made nearly as much money if Heath Ledger never died!

4. Keanu Reeves plays a robot in every film if u catch my drift!

5. 24 is the best show of all time!

6. Superman Returns is highly underrated!

7. Denzel shouldve easily won "best actor" for playing Malcolm X.

8. Denzel winning "best actor" for Training Day was a makeup for him not winning it for Malcolm X.

9. Halle Berry & Billy Bob Thornton really had sex in Monster's Ball! (really)

10. I predict that M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender will be better than James Cameron's Avatar!


Got Em!!
+1 for comment numbers 2 & 3

For the record, Daniel Day Lewis is the greatest actor of all time
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #55
jhiggy23 jhiggy23 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jhiggy23's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Club Loop
488
6
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePhoenix View Post
First of all, Ben Alfeck couldn't act his way out of a paper bag!

Second, Tarantino's best movie is Inglorious Basterds.

Third, Children of Men is a crapfest!

I disagree with all three, but I do wonder why you dislike Children of Men?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #56
broganreynik broganreynik is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
broganreynik's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Nebraska
62
101
2022
111
4
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiggy23 View Post
6. Slumdog Millionaire was not the best movie of last year. It wasn't even top 10. Completely disagree. My list of the top 15 from last year can be seen on a different thread, with TDK and Wall-E not breaking the top 10.

9. If there is ever a remake done of Sergio Leone's Dollars Trilogy, the obvious choice for director would be Quentin Tarantino, but the lead role should be cast to Hugh Jackman. Not really a "truth" statement, so shouldn't be included here.
Neither of those would be in my top 10 either.

Why isn't that a "truth" statement. It's just as much opinion/truth as everything else I mentioned.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #57
Grand Bob Grand Bob is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Grand Bob's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Seattle Area
9
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming in Blu View Post
3. Robert Downey Jr. deserved the Oscar for Less Than Zero and at least a Nomination for Two Girls & A Guy, but those roles seem to be too close to his real life, so he doesn't get credit for them.
Unfortunately, he will be remembered mostly for Iron Man, although I also enjoyed that film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #58
Grand Bob Grand Bob is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Grand Bob's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Seattle Area
9
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsDead View Post
- - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King is unbearably long, I thought it dragged and dragged. I really enjoyed the first two however.
Say it isn't so! If that movie was 10 hours long, I would have enjoyed every minute of it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #59
Fighter Fighter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
☣☣☣☣☣
14
Default

I wish it was 20 hrs. long
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #60
jhiggy23 jhiggy23 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jhiggy23's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Club Loop
488
6
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
1. Denzel Washington is the greatest actor of all time!! False. He is not even in the top 10.

2. The Shawshank Redemption is the greatest film of all time! Not even in the top 10-15, even though it is a great film.

3. The Dark Knight wouldnt have made nearly as much money if Heath Ledger never died! False, although it would have made less, it would have made a lot of money based on his performance and it being Batman.

4. Keanu Reeves plays a robot in every film if u catch my drift! Can't argue here.

5. 24 is the best show of all time! False. It can't be the best show when the past few seasons have been poor. Lost, Band of Brothers, and The Sopranos are far better.

6. Superman Returns is highly underrated! Haven't seen it, so no comment.

7. Denzel shouldve easily won "best actor" for playing Malcolm X. Wrong. Downey Jr as Chaplin was FAR better. Have you seen Chaplin?

8. Denzel winning "best actor" for Training Day was a makeup for him not winning it for Malcolm X. Wrong. It can certainly be argued that he deserved to win, although Wilkinson, Penn, and Crowe were fantastic. It could have went to any of the four without complaint. I think each had everything it took to win. Your complaint should be aimed at the undeserving Halle Berry for winning that year. Sissy Spacek was far better.

9. Halle Berry & Billy Bob Thornton really had sex in Monster's Ball! (really) No comment because this is meant to be "fact" and not "assumption."

10. I predict that M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender will be better than James Cameron's Avatar! Wrong, for the simple reason that Cameron is a far better director and writer, whereas Shyamalan has major writing issues for the third act of his films.


Got Em!!
see above.

Last edited by jhiggy23; 11-30-2009 at 07:01 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official "God of War 1 & 2" Speed Run Thread PS3 Groo The Perverted 16 01-02-2010 04:17 AM
The Official "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" Thread. Movies IAmLegend 15 03-04-2008 05:23 PM
Official "Sick of People Making Official Threads" Thread Feedback Forum bjoneill74 35 02-21-2008 05:42 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20 AM.