Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

The Jerk (Blu-ray)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Galaxy Express 999 TV Set 1 (Blu-ray)
$47.96
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #41
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2008

Sorry to hear about Alice and Spot Hammie.
The new dog Charlie looks really cute!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #42
Banned

Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Hi guys, not sure if a 'post pics of your dog' thread has been done before but I thought I would start one.

After looking at so many Home Theatre galleries on this site, I realized that we like including a picture of our dog.

So I'll start it off.

This is my Dog Simon. He's an eleven year old Siberian Husky who loves to shed 365 days a year, long walks on the beach and hotdog buns.
Finally checked out the picks! Awesome dog. Always wanted a Husky. But what I really want is a wolf.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Washington, DC Metro

Quote:
Sorry to hear about Alice and Spot Hammie.
The new dog Charlie looks really cute!
Thanks on all accounts. We had Spot and Alice since they were both puppies, so they lived a good full life with us. It's tough and I think that was why my wife got Charlie so quick.

Charlie has already made his spot in our house and we all love him.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejet View Post
Finally checked out the picks! Awesome dog. Always wanted a Husky. But what I really want is a wolf.
Thanks man! As long as you are willing to vacuum everyday (wood floors/carpet) then you'll love a Husky.

Pokefan's wolves are crazy! Can't imagine what it's like to have wolves.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #45
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammie View Post
Thanks on all accounts. We had Spot and Alice since they were both puppies, so they lived a good full life with us. It's tough and I think that was why my wife got Charlie so quick.

Charlie has already made his spot in our house and we all love him.
That's good, I'm glad Charlie is doing well and I love his name.

Sadly, after our dog passes away, my wife doesn't want anymore animals. Not sure if I can handle that though. It's always nice to have a dog around the house.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #46
Banned

Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Thanks man! As long as you are willing to vacuum everyday (wood floors/carpet) then you'll love a Husky.

I was at my friends news stand once and this guy came by with two of them!! And he lives in Los Angeles! There are farms in Big Bear that sell them. Truly majestic creatures. You really have to play the role of Alpha male with them. Probably the most beautiful creature I've seen up close.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #47
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2008

Quote:
I was at my friends news stand once and this guy came by with two of them!! And he lives in Los Angeles! There are farms in Big Bear that sell them. Truly majestic creatures. You really have to play the role of Alpha male with them. Probably the most beautiful creature I've seen up close.
I can imagine that you would really have to take control of them as the alpha male. I didn't know it was legal to walk around with wolves.

I'm sure the guys house house never gets robbed that's for sure.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #48
Expert Member

Mar 2008
Boise

Here are our Ewoks and/or Mogwai (depending on the length of their hair).

Old 07-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #49
Banned

Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA

^Ewoks ftw.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #50

Mar 2009
Default My daschund

This is Newly, a miniature daschund.

5 months old

2 yrs old

2yrs old
Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #51
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

^ 3rd photo is the best!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #52
Blu-ray Knight

May 2007
I move around a lot.

Here's some pics of my dog, Buzz.

Unfortunately, he died a few weeks ago. He was a wonderful dog.

Going for a drive.

My kid and his dog.

Going for a drive - different perspective.

He is missed.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYMBOL View Post
My kid and his dog.

He is missed.
This is a fantastic photo. You could sell prints of that.
I'm sorry about your loss!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #54
Power Member

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytwinkie View Post
Question for you fellas with the Huskies: Do they shed a whole lot? Morrissey, you said yours 365 days a year. Were you being facetious? My mom loves Huskies but she hates it when dogs shed too much. Well, she says she hates them but always finds time to play with my brother's dog.

Haha dogs have that power. Sometimes you hate them but when they see you and you see them, you can't help but love 'em!

I am considering getting a Beagle in the future or a Husky!
I used to have a beagle! They are great dogs, good with people. They are very vocal though (ours would bark/bay at anything that walked in front of the house!).

I currently have a lab/australian shepard we resuced last year. She just turned 2.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #55

Jun 2009
Huntington Beach California

Quote:
Hi guys, not sure if a 'post pics of your dog' thread has been done before but I thought I would start one.

After looking at so many Home Theatre galleries on this site, I realized that we like including a picture of our dog.

So I'll start it off.

This is my Dog Simon. He's an eleven year old Siberian Husky who loves to shed 365 days a year, long walks on the beach and hotdog buns.

I love Huskies
Old 07-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer55 View Post
I love Huskies
Yeah, they're pretty sly dogs.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #57

Jan 2009
Stillwater, OK (MEMBER "ECPP" - Tornado Alley Affiliate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_8ball View Post
Poke with Wolves? Craziness man, did you run a shelter or rescue or something? You allowed to keep those in your area?
Quote:
Nope, no shelter. Just something our family got into at one time. Technically they had to be hybrid's to be legal but only one of ours was. The white arctic was 95% and the rest were 100% but all registered as 98%. It's something our family started about 23 years ago and it's all we've ever had since. They are truly amazing, some of the smartest and most loyal animals you'll ever come across. One of my favorite stories about them was when we installed a hot wire fence. Wolves love to dig it's just in there nature so when they started digging under the fence we installed the hot wire. It only took one of them getting shocked once before they followed it all the way to the box and unplugged it from the wall!!

Quote:
Actually all of ours were raised from pups and when you start that young you don't have a problem with them seeing you as the Alpha. Like I said, some of the most loyal creatures you'll ever come across. Once you introduce someone into the family they treat them as their own. We had rabbits at one time that were in the backyard with them and they would hang out in the doghouse all the time. My 4 year old nephew climbed into the doghouse literally hours after our white arctic had a litter and she didn't care one bit.

We raised and sold pups out of Oklahoma for about 6-7 years and probably had 2-300 pups go through our backyard. We had 5 that were ours though and at one time there were 4 living in the backyard together.

I'd love to get one for our family now but we don't breed anymore and you can't find them under $3k from a trusted breeder and I wouldn't trust most people who sell them any cheaper. They became to much of a novelty and all kinds of mixes have popped up over the years. Word of advice to anyone ever looking into the breed. If you ever come across any mixed with malamute run! While they can be good dogs malamutes are known for having a mean streak and the last thing you need is something happening to someone when you have a wolf in the yard. That's how they get a lot of the bad rap they do these days. If raised correctly and as a pure breed you'll never find a kinder or gentler "dog".

Here's a couple more I just came across.

Cache - Let me in!

Wolfen lounging

Last edited by pokefan; 07-12-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #58
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefan View Post
It only took one of them getting shocked once before they followed it all the way to the box and unplugged it from the wall!!
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! OMG!

Are you not scared, since they are so smart, that they would plan on eating you like the Raptors did in Jurassic Park?

Last edited by Morrissey; 07-12-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #59

Jan 2009
Stillwater, OK (MEMBER "ECPP" - Tornado Alley Affiliate)

Quote:
That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! OMG!

Are you not scared, since they are so smart, that they would plan on eating you like the Raptors did in Jurassic Park?
lol, trust me, after spending some time with them you'll soon find out that the only thing you have to worry about is taking a shower when you're done playing with them from the massive amounts of slobber! lol
Old 07-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2009
Club Loop

this thread is all sorts of "awe!!!" with these amazing pics of pups (and wolves!)

and my condolences to everyone who has recently lost a pet there are few things harder in the world to do than get over the passing of a family animal. we've had to do it a few times for cats, dogs and a few iguanas. heartbreaking every time

every time we have to say goodbye to a pet, i always wonder if i should continue getting them, because at some point in time, i'll have to say goodbye to them too. and i just don't know how many times i can stand that.

i say this now as we have 3 cats and 1 100% pure bred standard tan poodle and i wouldn't trade them for the world.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat