Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ringu Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.00
11 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.59

The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #21
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Unreal. Then they had to evac where the dudes apartment ellwas because he told the cops he planted a bomb.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMate View Post
Also just say this as breaking news on CNN. Truly disgusted by it, such a horrible event. Though to be honest i didn't like how one of the CNN reporters asked how this would affect the films popularity. That's the last thing on anyones mind and a factor not to be concerned with, so why mention it during the breaking news.

Agreed. Yes it happened during this movie, but whose to say it couldn't have been anything else? The movie is almost irrelevant.
[Show spoiler]I say almost because I read he was wearing a coat... which is similar to Bane in the movie... but unless they question him on his motives, it's a bit far fetched to make that conclusion.

My dad also informed me that apparently a few of the 25 critics that gave a rotten review on the movie are receiving death threats?! I didn't Google any more info yet, but that is COMPLETELY absurd! I totally disagree with their rating, having gotten out of the midnight showing in IMAX a few hours back (safe and sound, but my condolences to those who were victims), but to threaten someone harm over THEIR OPINION?! Wow... Completely crazy. It wouldn't affect my opinion at all, so why not "live and let live" and enjoy if you did as much as my theater did (standing ovation at credits), or if you didn't, well hope you had enough of a good time to warrant the purchase, and if not, you'll find another movie to watch you will like.

Link to article about closing of comments on the movie's reviews after death threats

Old 07-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #23

May 2009
New Zealand

This is going to screw Dark Knight Rises big time.

RIP all the victims, just people wanting to chill out and watch a movie

Old 07-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

Wow, this is absolutely horrible!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMate View Post
to be honest i didn't like how one of the CNN reporters asked how this would affect the films popularity. That's the last thing on anyones mind and a factor not to be concerned with, so why mention it during the breaking news.
Either that reporter has a bad sense of humor, or they just don't care. Or an idiot. Whichever.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #26
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by K i r a View Post
Agreed. Yes it happened during this movie, but whose to say it couldn't have been anything else? The movie is almost irrelevant.
[Show spoiler]I say almost because I read he was wearing a coat... which is similar to Bane in the movie... but unless they question him on his motives, it's a bit far fetched to make that conclusion.

My dad also informed me that apparently a few of the 25 critics that gave a rotten review on the movie are receiving death threats?! I didn't Google any more info yet, but that is COMPLETELY absurd! I totally disagree with their rating, having gotten out of the midnight showing in IMAX a few hours back (safe and sound, but my condolences to those who were victims), but to threaten someone harm over THEIR OPINION?! Wow... Completely crazy. It wouldn't affect my opinion at all, so why not "live and let live" and enjoy if you did as much as my theater did (standing ovation at credits), or if you didn't, well hope you had enough of a good time to warrant the purchase, and if not, you'll find another movie to watch you will like.

Link to article about closing of comments on the movie's reviews after death threats
I was thinking that too. I wonder if many moviegoers were initially somewhat at ease with what he was wearing since it sounds like he could almost pass for a police officer or costume like someone in the film. Sounds like some young to middle aged loser hellbent on self destruction and wanting to make himself (in)famous by shooting up a blockbuster movie premiere.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #27
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
This is going to screw Dark Knight Rises big time.

RIP all the victims, just people wanting to chill out and watch a movie
I think it'll only do that if this big dummy starts telling the cops he's the bane of the US.

Just from being in the theater a week ago for savages not sure how people couldn't tell the difference, maybe I'm just more aware, but whenever someone is walking tobthe bathroom i see it lol.Also if that was full youd think someone would have been able to get behind that idiot.

Last edited by supersix4; 07-20-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #28
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Up to 50 injured and an infant was shot point blank range.

I'm going tomorrow morning at AMC IMAX. This tragedy will be on my mind constantly.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #29

Jun 2011

Is the Death Penalty still active in Colorado?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #30
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post

I'm going tomorrow morning at AMC IMAX. This tragedy will be on my mind constantly.
Same... Doing that puts you on a whole other level of sick.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #31
Expert Member

Jun 2009
NB, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post

Old 07-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #32

Jul 2011
moon baby

Just saw this on the news and my god it's horrid. I heard one report of someone saying that when he took the gun out, people thought it was part of the show until of course he began shooting real bullets. How disturbing is that? My heart goes out to the family/friends of everyone involved there, and let's hope this doesn't happen anywhere else in the world.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

A three month old baby? what in the ****...

I feel sick

Old 07-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #34

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ian View Post

I feel sick
Three month old baby and a 9 year old girl plus 13 others. I have already vomited because this has made me feel so sick. I am Furious. This could have been anyone.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #35
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFoxGoggles View Post
Just saw this on the news and my god it's horrid. I heard one report of someone saying that when he took the gun out, people thought it was part of the show until of course he began shooting real bullets. How disturbing is that? My heart goes out to the family/friends of everyone involved there, and let's hope this doesn't happen anywhere else in the world.

I still don't get how nobody picked up on it I mean even with the lights off its going to light up the theater from the screen. Then muzzle flashes guess you can't really explain it unless your there

Old 07-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #36

May 2009
New Zealand

Which news site are you guys reading about the infant?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #37

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
I still don't get how nobody piked up on it I mean even with the lights off its going to light up the theater from the screen. Then muzzle flashes guess you can't really explain it unless your there
People in theater 9 where it happened picked up on it. It was theaters next to theater theater 9 that thought that it was part of the movie.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #38
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaniscool70 View Post
Is the Death Penalty still active in Colorado?
Technically yes, realistically no. It's on the books even though the state really never goes through with executions.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #39
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ian View Post

I feel sick
Quote:
Three month old baby and a 9 year old girl plus 13 others. I have already vomited because this has made me feel so sick. I am Furious. This could have been anyone.
First. Any situation where children are harmed to ANY degree is revolting. I have not physically vomitted, but I certainly feel the potential stirring.

Second. A 9 year old child being brought to see this film I can understand. But... a 3 month old baby?!?!?! Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh..... whaaaaaaaaaaa??????????

Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #40
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
I still don't get how nobody picked up on it I mean even with the lights off its going to light up the theater from the screen. Then muzzle flashes guess you can't really explain it unless your there
Quote:
People in theater 9 where it happened picked up on it. It was theaters next to theater theater 9 that thought that it was part of the movie.
Ya. Those inside the theatre where the incident took place were obviously alerted to something not being right as soon as their view of the screen was beginning to be hampered by the smoke. They obviously knew right away that a thick fog in a movie theatre which completely negates visibility of the screen was not part of a PR stunt.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat