Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
22 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49
 
Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$19.99
23 hrs ago
Teen Titans: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$37.59
20 hrs ago
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
 
Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Mission: Impossible - 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.39
 
Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$179.99
 
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.99
 
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.00
 
The Handmaid's Tale: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
Barbie-Shrimp Barbie-Shrimp is offline
Expert Member
 
Barbie-Shrimp's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
45
Default I miss the controversial opinion thread

...because I've still got a lot of them.

Quote:
An opinion about a movie that most people don't share. Whether it's a movie you like that most people hate, or a movie you hate that most people like. Get it?

Last edited by Barbie-Shrimp; 11-07-2008 at 03:39 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:27 AM   #2
Uuah Uuah is offline
Banned
 
Uuah's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
I live in a basement
Default

The guy who started it got mad at MJBethancourt and closed it.
You, Me, Young-at-heart, Gradpa Blu and Ex Accountant should start one.
Start it, now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:28 AM   #3
Grandpa-Blu Grandpa-Blu is offline
Banned
 
Grandpa-Blu's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuah View Post
The guy who started it got mad at MJBethancourt and closed it.
You, Me, Young-at-heart, Gradpa Blu and Ex Accountant should start one.
Start it, now.
I'm in. I think X-Men 2 is the best because of the acting, not the writing. I think X-Men 3 was the best because of the writing, not the acting. I also LOVED the movie Freaked with Alex Winter.

Last edited by Grandpa-Blu; 11-07-2008 at 03:31 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:30 AM   #4
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Ok. Shrimp on the Barbie. There's shrimp but where's Barbie??? It shouldn't be called that. IMO
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 AM   #5
Barbie-Shrimp Barbie-Shrimp is offline
Expert Member
 
Barbie-Shrimp's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
Ok. Shrimp on the Barbie. There's shrimp but where's Barbie??? It shouldn't be called that. IMO
Dude, that's not how it goes and you know it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:34 AM   #6
Young-at-heart Young-at-heart is offline
Banned
 
Young-at-heart's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Default

I like Star Wars. I don't know if that's controversial, here, but I know it got me stabbed a few times.
Don't go to Detroit, if you like Star Wars.
If you are brave enough to go to Detroit and like Star Wars, too, you shouldn't tell anybody. Especially if they are watching Kentucky Fried Movie and eating a big block of cheese. They will stab you with their knife and put cheese crumbs in the stab holes.
You also shouldn't say you like Star Wars when a crack head asks for your money. You might think that it will help create common ground between the two of you and thusly make you a less likely mugging candidate but you would be wrong. "I like Star Wars" is not the answer he will be looking for. He just wants your money and will stab you if you give him a film opinion instead of money.
You also shouldn't bring it up at Thanksgiving. There's a lot of tension at that table and winning Star Wars trivia is not a good way to vie for the turkey carving rights. It will just get you stabbed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:36 AM   #7
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Ok. How controversial are we talking about? I must have missed this thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:36 AM   #8
Barbie-Shrimp Barbie-Shrimp is offline
Expert Member
 
Barbie-Shrimp's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-at-heart View Post
I like Star Wars. I don't know if that's controversial, here, but I know it got me stabbed a few times.
Don't go to Detroit, if you like Star Wars.
If you are brave enough to go to Detroit and like Star Wars, too, you shouldn't tell anybody. Especially if they are watching Kentucky Fried Movie and eating a big block of cheese. They will stab you with their knife and put cheese crumbs in the stab holes.
You also shouldn't say you like Star Wars when a crack head asks for your money. You might think that it will help create common ground between the two of you and thusly make you a less likely mugging candidate but you would be wrong. "I like Star Wars" is not the answer he will be looking for. He just wants your money and will stab you if you give him a film opinion instead of money.
You also shouldn't bring it up at Thanksgiving. There's a lot of tension at that table and winning Star Wars trivia is not a good way to vie for the turkey carving rights. It will just get you stabbed.
I thought you got banned!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:39 AM   #9
Barbie-Shrimp Barbie-Shrimp is offline
Expert Member
 
Barbie-Shrimp's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
Ok. How controversial are we talking about? I must have missed this thread
An opinion about a movie that most people don't share. Whether it's a movie you like that most people hate, or a movie you hate that most people like. Get it? I'll quote what I just told you and edit the first thing in this thread, because it was quite fun to hear people's opinions and how they differ. Even if it did cause fights, which is why it was stopped.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:39 AM   #10
Young-at-heart Young-at-heart is offline
Banned
 
Young-at-heart's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Default

I also don't like The Dark Knight.
Why did Alfred want Batman to read Bruce Wayne's mail? And, then, when Batman didn't read it, he burned the mail. He's a terrible butler. Just give Bruce the mail!

Besides, all of the licking Joker did made me feel funny.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:40 AM   #11
Barbie-Shrimp Barbie-Shrimp is offline
Expert Member
 
Barbie-Shrimp's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-at-heart View Post
I also don't like The Dark Knight.
Why did Alfred want Batman to read Bruce Wayne's mail? And, then, when Batman didn't read it, he burned the mail. He's a terrible butler. Just give Bruce the mail!

Besides, all of the licking Joker did made me feel funny.
You obviously didn't see this in IMAX.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:41 AM   #12
Young-at-heart Young-at-heart is offline
Banned
 
Young-at-heart's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie-Shrimp View Post
You obviously didn't see this in IMAX.
Was there a deleted scene where he gave Bruce the mail? Was the one he burned some sort of decoy mail to red herring the audience?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 AM   #13
bluseminole bluseminole is offline
Senior Member
 
bluseminole's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Lynchburg, VA
17
177
1
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-at-heart View Post
Besides, all of the licking Joker did made me feel funny.




  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:45 AM   #14
Uuah Uuah is offline
Banned
 
Uuah's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
I live in a basement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-at-heart View Post
Was there a deleted scene where he gave Bruce the mail? Was the one he burned some sort of decoy mail to red herring the audience?
Do you know the difference between DVD/Blu-Ray and Imax? Aside from aspect ratio and resolution . . .we're not about to talk about that crap.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 AM   #15
Uuah Uuah is offline
Banned
 
Uuah's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
I live in a basement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young-at-heart View Post
I like Star Wars. I don't know if that's controversial, here, but I know it got me stabbed a few times.
Don't go to Detroit, if you like Star Wars.
If you are brave enough to go to Detroit and like Star Wars, too, you shouldn't tell anybody. Especially if they are watching Kentucky Fried Movie and eating a big block of cheese. They will stab you with their knife and put cheese crumbs in the stab holes.
You also shouldn't say you like Star Wars when a crack head asks for your money. You might think that it will help create common ground between the two of you and thusly make you a less likely mugging candidate but you would be wrong. "I like Star Wars" is not the answer he will be looking for. He just wants your money and will stab you if you give him a film opinion instead of money.
You also shouldn't bring it up at Thanksgiving. There's a lot of tension at that table and winning Star Wars trivia is not a good way to vie for the turkey carving rights. It will just get you stabbed.
I HATE STAR WARS!

=]=====> stab!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:01 AM   #16
DjMethod DjMethod is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
DjMethod's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Hårga
695
2
Default

I love Ang Lee's Hulk.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:06 AM   #17
(Fe)Man (Fe)Man is offline
Senior Member
 
(Fe)Man's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
437
1
Default

I love House of 1000 corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

I love pretty much anything form the Apatow gang (exception Knocked Up)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:27 AM   #18
Uuah Uuah is offline
Banned
 
Uuah's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
I live in a basement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMethod View Post
I love Ang Lee's Hulk.
I like when it's all of a sudden like a play and there's barely any set and he bites that extension cord and then . . . it's a sort-of rip off of the montage scene in The American Astronaut.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #19
assydingo assydingo is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
assydingo's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
484
12
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMethod View Post
I love Ang Lee's Hulk.
Love is strong for me. Definetly preferred it over the new Hulk.

Oh I got one. I think Aaron Eckhart as a Two-Face is equal to Ledger's Joker and in some mays maybe better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 AM   #20
(Fe)Man (Fe)Man is offline
Senior Member
 
(Fe)Man's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
437
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by assydingo View Post
Love is strong for me. Definetly preferred it over the new Hulk.

Oh I got one. I think Aaron Eckhart as a Two-Face is equal to Ledger's Joker and in some mays maybe better.
I wouldn't say better but his performance was definitely worthwhile and vastly underrated by many.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Miss Congeniality/Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous Double Feature Blu-ray Movies - North America jw 49 08-10-2014 11:32 AM
Controversial Poll Thread Movie Polls shuah 82 06-17-2009 03:11 AM
What is your most controversial/unpopular film opinion? You know you have one! Movies JJ 791 09-23-2008 04:51 PM
The Official FOX we Miss you Thread! Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology BTBuck1 31 07-25-2007 12:20 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:07 AM.