Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Shawscope Volume One (Blu-ray)
£66.99
1 day ago
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65
 
House: The Collection (Blu-ray)
£20.99
1 day ago
Battles Without Honour and Humanity: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
£23.99
1 day ago
Tenebrae 4K (Blu-ray)
£16.99
1 day ago
Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
£18.99
1 day ago
Cinema of Conflict: Four Films by Krzysztof Kieślowski (Blu-ray)
£23.99
1 day ago
Gamera: The Showa Era (Blu-ray)
£23.99
1 day ago
The Lukas Moodysson Collection (Blu-ray)
£45.71
 
Phenomena 4K (Blu-ray)
£16.99
1 day ago
The Kinji Fukasaku Collection (Blu-ray)
£23.99
1 day ago
The Count Yorga Collection (Blu-ray)
£24.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 08-31-2020, 04:05 PM   #21
EddieLarkin EddieLarkin is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
EddieLarkin's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
377
3574
906
1
Default

SC release of I'm All Right Jack is a definite, Far From the Madding Crowd as well I believe.

He has also done a great many for the BFI, far more than the current list suggests. Off the top of my head:

Werner Herzog box set
Alain Robbe Grillet box set
Symptoms (shared with Mondo Macabro)

And more for Second Sight as per the FiM website: https://www.fidelityinmotion.com/our-work.php

Berlin Alexanderplatz
The Changeling
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Scottishguy (03-21-2021)
Old 08-31-2020, 04:15 PM   #22
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Jared A.'s Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Default

As mentioned by a few other, Mondo Macabro has been completely left off this list. That should be rectified. When I get more time I can submit a list of his full contributions.

MM were one of FIM's very first clients. A real shame that we've been forgotten.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kyle15 (09-01-2020), Scottishguy (08-31-2020), Ste7en (09-01-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 04:51 PM   #23
Scottishguy Scottishguy is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2019
130
1518
26
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
As mentioned by a few other, Mondo Macabro has been completely left off this list. That should be rectified. When I get more time I can submit a list of his full contributions.

MM were one of FIM's very first clients. A real shame that we've been forgotten.
I get your grievance. But I'm one man in Edinburgh (the original Scottish one) who made a thread after I asked in another discussion if anyone would be interested. I then promptly made the thread and, then another member asked about the master list yesterday, which I started immediately.

That's one day, one person, in a non professional capacity put it together on his smart phone. So forgive me if I find your language to be a little strong under these circumstances.

Though i still as i aforementioned understand your grievances. They shall be rectified. All I ask is for patience, and information. Thanks.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Gacivory (08-31-2020), Ste7en (09-01-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 07:55 PM   #24
Jared A. Jared A. is offline
Mondo Macabro Insider
 
Jared A.'s Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishguy View Post
I get your grievance. But I'm one man in Edinburgh (the original Scottish one) who made a thread after I asked in another discussion if anyone would be interested. I then promptly made the thread and, then another member asked about the master list yesterday, which I started immediately.

That's one day, one person, in a non professional capacity put it together on his smart phone. So forgive me if I find your language to be a little strong under these circumstances.

Though i still as i aforementioned understand your grievances. They shall be rectified. All I ask is for patience, and information. Thanks.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Although saying my "language" is "a little strong" is a bit much. I'm simply pointing out that one of David Mackenzie's longest lasting clients has been completely left off the list. I don't recall saying anything about "blame", haha.

Anyway, here's the list, Blu-rays only (he's done several DVDs too) -

THE SLAVE
THE DEVIL'S BUSINESS
THE FAN
LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN
SYMPTOMS
PRIVATE VICES PUBLIC VIRTUES
NIGHT HAS 1000 DESIRES
SUDDENLY IN THE DARK
INQUISITION
FOX WITH THE VELVET TAIL
SPIDER
BLOOD SPATTERED BRIDE
DEVIL INCARNATE
WHO CAN KILL A CHILD
PERVERSION STORY
WILD PUSSYCAT/THE DESERTER
DEVIL'S NIGHTMARE
KILLER OF DOLLS
SATANICO PANDEMONIUM
GEMINI
SEVEN WOMEN FOR SATAN
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
andantelise (04-08-2021), andreasy969 (09-02-2020), Kyle15 (09-01-2020), Mr. Thomsen (09-01-2020), Ste7en (09-01-2020), Surge92 (02-04-2021)
Old 08-31-2020, 08:56 PM   #25
Filmmaker Filmmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Filmmaker's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)
90
727
2486
591
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackranderson View Post
Does anybody know if the Carlotta release of Christine has forced subs? And is it better than the US release?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyan View Post
Carlotta do not do forced subs. I know that one user reported that it's basically identical to Sony's 4K release.
It was me!

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.p...&postcount=681

If you do decide to go for the Carlotta disc, know that the onscreen "burned in" text (such as for locations and times) is still in the original English. Subtitles, on the other hand, are German only (but, as mentioned, can be disabled and enabled as you wish).
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:43 PM   #26
Scottishguy Scottishguy is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2019
130
1518
26
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
Thanks, I appreciate it. Although saying my "language" is "a little strong" is a bit much. I'm simply pointing out that one of David Mackenzie's longest lasting clients has been completely left off the list. I don't recall saying anything about "blame", haha.

Anyway, here's the list, Blu-rays only (he's done several DVDs too) -

THE SLAVE
THE DEVIL'S BUSINESS
THE FAN
LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN
SYMPTOMS
PRIVATE VICES PUBLIC VIRTUES
NIGHT HAS 1000 DESIRES
SUDDENLY IN THE DARK
INQUISITION
FOX WITH THE VELVET TAIL
SPIDER
BLOOD SPATTERED BRIDE
DEVIL INCARNATE
WHO CAN KILL A CHILD
PERVERSION STORY
WILD PUSSYCAT/THE DESERTER
DEVIL'S NIGHTMARE
KILLER OF DOLLS
SATANICO PANDEMONIUM
GEMINI
SEVEN WOMEN FOR SATAN
"A real shame that we've been forgotten"

That bit, given it's been only a day. But aye, semantic pancakes I guess.

If you want to do a write up on Mondo Macabros experience with FIM. I'll add it into the list as well
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:02 PM   #27
Dailyan Dailyan is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Dailyan's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon
136
2058
157
56
43
Default

A few more:

[Show spoiler]Arrow
Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Network
Rollerball

Carlotta
Bonjour Tristesse
Heaven Knows What

Eureka
City Hunter
The Fate of Lee Khan
Jackie Chan's Police Story 1 & 2
Kwiadan
Legend of the Mountain
A Touch of Zen
Wheels on Meals
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
andreasy969 (09-02-2020), Ste7en (09-01-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 10:08 PM   #28
Scottishguy Scottishguy is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2019
130
1518
26
1
Default

Updated.

Will get more done tomorrow.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:27 PM   #29
Filmmaker Filmmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Filmmaker's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)
90
727
2486
591
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishguy View Post
Updated.

Will get more done tomorrow.
Is there a reason, even after the discussion about it, that you havenít listed the French 4K UHD of John Carpenterís CHRISTINE by Carlotta?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 10:53 PM   #30
Scottishguy Scottishguy is offline
Banned
 
Apr 2019
130
1518
26
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Is there a reason, even after the discussion about it, that you haven’t listed the French 4K UHD of John Carpenter’s CHRISTINE by Carlotta?
Because rather than immediately acting on every post. I'm inclined to wait and see what else needs added to this already mounting list.

Edit: Done. And I gave you a contribution credit.

Last edited by Scottishguy; 08-31-2020 at 11:00 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:17 PM   #31
Dailyan Dailyan is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Dailyan's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon
136
2058
157
56
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
If you do decide to go for the Carlotta disc, know that the onscreen "burned in" text (such as for locations and times) is still in the original English. Subtitles, on the other hand, are German only (but, as mentioned, can be disabled and enabled as you wish).
I think you meant French.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:29 PM   #32
tama tama is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
tama's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
San Jose, CA
444
1110
Default

Is Arrow Academy considered under Arrow? Wonder if the remastered Bicycle Thieves was encoding by FIM?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:29 PM   #33
Dailyan Dailyan is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Dailyan's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon
136
2058
157
56
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tama View Post
Is Arrow Academy considered under Arrow?
Yes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:42 PM   #34
Spiderwalk Spiderwalk is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Spiderwalk's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
UK
139
2118
116
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
[Show spoiler]Thanks, I appreciate it. Although saying my "language" is "a little strong" is a bit much. I'm simply pointing out that one of David Mackenzie's longest lasting clients has been completely left off the list. I don't recall saying anything about "blame", haha.

Anyway, here's the list, Blu-rays only (he's done several DVDs too) -

THE SLAVE
THE DEVIL'S BUSINESS
THE FAN
LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN
SYMPTOMS
PRIVATE VICES PUBLIC VIRTUES
NIGHT HAS 1000 DESIRES
SUDDENLY IN THE DARK
INQUISITION
FOX WITH THE VELVET TAIL
SPIDER
BLOOD SPATTERED BRIDE
DEVIL INCARNATE
WHO CAN KILL A CHILD
PERVERSION STORY
WILD PUSSYCAT/THE DESERTER
DEVIL'S NIGHTMARE
KILLER OF DOLLS
SATANICO PANDEMONIUM
GEMINI
SEVEN WOMEN FOR SATAN
I own 5 of the films on your list, I also have a copy of An Ideal Place to Kill. I'm guessing it's one of the few titles that hasn't been touched by the hand of God!

I have a number of your UK DVDs from the early 00s too.

Last edited by Spiderwalk; 08-31-2020 at 11:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jared A. (09-01-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 11:43 PM   #35
Davo92 Davo92 is offline
Active Member
 
May 2014
Dudley, United Kingdom
93
1463
81
Default

Arrow's American Werewolf in London is encoded by FIM as well

Also Eureka's Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith

The Changeling for Second Sight

Last edited by Davo92; 08-31-2020 at 11:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
andreasy969 (09-02-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 12:34 AM   #36
Filmmaker Filmmaker is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Filmmaker's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)
90
727
2486
591
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyan View Post
I think you meant French.
I think I did. Iíve made a lot of weird mistakes in my posts today. Distracted by doing them while working!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:12 AM   #37
LMFAObros LMFAObros is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
LMFAObros's Avatar
 
Jan 2016
Melbourne, North Korea
260
3436
1
73
10
Default

yeah I thought to live and die in la looked like a 4k disc and the bitrate was hitting 40 mbps quite often.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:53 AM   #38
professorwho professorwho is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
professorwho's Avatar
 
Apr 2017
102
645
63
7
Default

Some I have but not mentioned:

Bande a Part (BFI)
Jackie Chan's Project A & Project A Part II (Eureka)
Khrustalyov, My Car! (Arrow)
Runaway Train (Arrow)
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
andreasy969 (09-02-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 06:18 AM   #39
Ste7en Ste7en is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Ste7en's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
Durham, UK
507
5171
41
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared A. View Post
As mentioned by a few other, Mondo Macabro has been completely left off this list. That should be rectified. When I get more time I can submit a list of his full contributions.

MM were one of FIM's very first clients. A real shame that we've been forgotten.
I was tidying up some shelves the other day and I stumbled upon a dozen or so Mondo Macabro DVD. Man, I really need to start picking up your BDs ASAP.

This thread is a bit of an eye-opener. I had no idea Fidelity in Motion had been so prolific!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:17 PM   #40
SymbioticFunction SymbioticFunction is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
SymbioticFunction's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Chichester, UK
118
871
66
3
Default

Second Sight's Possession and Xtro blu-rays haven't made it onto the list yet.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
andreasy969 (09-02-2020)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.