Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$27.97

The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.30

Rambo: Last Blood (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Ad Astra 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Hunger Games: Complete 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 06-11-2019, 03:26 PM   #1

Mar 2019
Sydney Mines
Default How to add "The Evictors" to database

I have this edition of the movie "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-T...Blu-ray/57129/ and it's a Blu-ray + DVD combo.

The DVD contains a bonus feature: the movie "The Evictors". I'd like to know how can I add this movie to my collection as part of this combo?

As it is it seems you can't add "The Evictors" in the title because it's only on the DVD and not on the Blu-ray. But there should be a way to update the database to add the movie to the combo right? Also if I can't search for it or see that I possess "The Evictors" in my collection it pretty much defeat the purpose of having a collection listed.

Any hints?

Last edited by Eray; 06-13-2019 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:21 AM   #2
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eray View Post
I have this edition of the movie "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-T...Blu-ray/57129/ and it's a Blu-ray + DVD combo.

The DVD contains a bonus feature: the movie "The Evictors". I'd like to know how can I add this movie to my collection as part of this combo?

As it is it seems you can't add "The Evictors" in the title because it's only on the DVD and not on the Blu-ray. But there should be a way to update the database to add the movie to the combo right? Also if I can't search for it or see that I possess "The Evictors" in my collection it pretty much defeat the purpose of having a collection listed.

Any hints?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to add a DVD entry to a blu-ray entry. The bundle ID field doesn't work with entries from another database.

The best option at present may be to add the DVD entry to your collection:
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/The-Evictors-DVD/71163/

When you do so, there is a comment area above Retailer where you can mention that the movie is part of The Town That Dreaded Sundown blu-ray. That way, you'll know you own it as part of that blu-ray release.

Last edited by Evil; 06-13-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #3

Mar 2019
Sydney Mines

That's exactely what I was afraid of. By doing that I'll have an extra DVD in my collection and the count will not match what I really have. I'm kind of specific on how I like my music and movies to be organized so I'd like it to be exactely as it is. We all have a little OCD about something I guess

I'll follow your suggestion as it seems to be the best compromise to this problem. Your answer is really appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:26 AM   #4
Contributor

Jun 2012
USA 🦅
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eray View Post
That's exactely what I was afraid of. By doing that I'll have an extra DVD in my collection and the count will not match what I really have. I'm kind of specific on how I like my music and movies to be organized so I'd like it to be exactely as it is. We all have a little OCD about something I guess

I'll follow your suggestion as it seems to be the best compromise to this problem. Your answer is really appreciated. Thanks.
You're welcome.

Also, the custom category feature could help with the collection count issue. If you create a new custom category in your DVD collection and uncheck the "Add to collection count" box, your count shouldn't increase if you add The Evictors DVD to that category.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #5

Mar 2019
Sydney Mines

Nice tip. I created a new category for "The Evictors" and then I unchecked the box "Add To Collection Count" as you suggested. So now I do have the right count for how many DVD I possess. The only thing is that it also subtracts the movie from the total and therefore the number of movies I have is not accurate. But it makes sense that it's like that.

I'm pretty satisfied with this solution as I prefer to have the right number of physical DVD inventory wise over the exact number of movies. I noticed too that this way the movie doesn't appear in my collection anymore but I could still find it with a general search in the app or under the tab "Not Owned" when I looked into the "DVD" or "All Movies" section. And by adding in "The Comments" that it's related to the Blu-ray "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" it's easy to find it when needed. Totally happy with this solution.

That's an awesome tip!

Last edited by Eray; 06-14-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Thanks given by:
Evil (06-15-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion