Best TV Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 8 is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Arrow: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
Planet Earth II (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 hrs ago
Game of Thrones 4K: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
19 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season One (Blu-ray)
$30.84
1 hr ago
The Original Christmas Specials Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Fringe: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
 
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
5 hrs ago
Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Prep & Landing / Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice (Blu-ray)
$9.96
5 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$64.99
 
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99
 
The Testament of Sister New Devil: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.21
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Groo The Perverted Groo The Perverted is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Groo The Perverted's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
109
8
272
Default HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (Season 9)

Quote:
HBO has officially confirmed that it has ordered an eighth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

According to Entertainment Weekly, production on the next ten episodes of the network's longest-running scripted series will kick off later this summer in Los Angeles and New York. The show will return to the schedule sometime in 2011.

"After much soul-searching - and by the way, it was nowhere to be found - I have decided to do another season of Curb," creator Larry David said in a statement.

"I look forward to the end of shooting, when I can once again resume the hunt for my elusive soul. I know it's here somewhere or perhaps in the rugged mountainous regions of Pakistan."

David revealed last month that he had begun work on another season of the show.

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
556
5
Default

I never doubted another season would happen. Season 7 was great. Some network needs to give Leon his own show. He has become my favorite TV personality by a mile.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
KubrickFan KubrickFan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
KubrickFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
319
Default

Great! Last season was excellent, so I can't wait for the rest. I really have to revisit the previous seasons these days. It's been way too long since I've seen them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
Mike53421 Mike53421 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Mike53421's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Mississauga, ON
40
Canada Great news too!

What an awesome quote by Larry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #5
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
556
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubrickFan View Post
Great! Last season was excellent, so I can't wait for the rest. I really have to revisit the previous seasons these days. It's been way too long since I've seen them.
Now I just want HBO needs to get off their a$$ and put out all 7 season on Blu.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 AM   #6
WyldeMan45 WyldeMan45 is offline
Banned
 
WyldeMan45's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Western Washington
49
15
Default

This is one of those shows, I've heard about for years but have never seen an episode of. I always meant to start it from the beginning when it was on season 3, and still have not yet gotten around to it. There are so many shows I've still got in my queue waiting to watch ahead of 7 seasons here. Maybe I'll wait until the show is done and just check the series out than.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:11 AM   #7
Groo The Perverted Groo The Perverted is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Groo The Perverted's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
109
8
272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
This is one of those shows, I've heard about for years but have never seen an episode of. I always meant to start it from the beginning when it was on season 3, and still have not yet gotten around to it. There are so many shows I've still got in my queue waiting to watch ahead of 7 seasons here. Maybe I'll wait until the show is done and just check the series out than.
Sounds like you're copying my M.O. lol

i have two M.O.'s by the way.

1. Watch shows that lasted one or two seasons, or less.

2. be like "damn I've heard great stuff about that, just haven't seen it" lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 AM   #8
silversnake silversnake is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
silversnake's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Montreal
22
497
6
31
Default

Season 7 made me rewatch some of the older seasons of Curb. Simply love it. I have a feeling we'll see Curb season 7 on blu and than the rest much later. I'm hoping at least
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 AM   #9
WyldeMan45 WyldeMan45 is offline
Banned
 
WyldeMan45's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Western Washington
49
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
Sounds like you're copying my M.O. lol

i have two M.O.'s by the way.

1. Watch shows that lasted one or two seasons, or less.

2. be like "damn I've heard great stuff about that, just haven't seen it" lol
I don't ever start a show that was canceled after 2 seasons, after the fact. If I was with it from the beginning than yes I watched it, but I can't think of a single show that lasted only two or three seasons that I got into afterwards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
serpheus serpheus is offline
Senior Member
 
serpheus's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Rep of Ireland
88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
I don't ever start a show that was canceled after 2 seasons, after the fact. If I was with it from the beginning than yes I watched it, but I can't think of a single show that lasted only two or three seasons that I got into afterwards.
ROME is awesome and well worth checking out. I can't wait for season 8 of Curb
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #11
Mike53421 Mike53421 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Mike53421's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Mississauga, ON
40
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
Season 7 made me rewatch some of the older seasons of Curb. Simply love it. I have a feeling we'll see Curb season 7 on blu and than the rest much later. I'm hoping at least
Yup! Me too, got the series for like $80 through Amazon at the holidays and it was worth every dollar.

Highly highly recommend. For those skeptical, if you enjoy Seinfeld I would definitely think you would enjoy this show, similar humour except on HBO.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
556
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpheus View Post
ROME is awesome and well worth checking out. I can't wait for season 8 of Curb
Yes, Rome is awesome. And it really was not canceled. I believe the show was always going to be two seasons since the plan was to start the show with Caeser's rise to power and end it with the final destruction of the Republic and the rise of Octavian to power and Marc Antony's downfall.

Had they returned the series for a season 3 it would have likely been boring since there was an era of peace during Octavian's prolonged rule of the Roman Empire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #13
joe1515 joe1515 is offline
Senior Member
 
joe1515's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
New York
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I never doubted another season would happen. Season 7 was great. Some network needs to give Leon his own show. He has become my favorite TV personality by a mile.
Leon is great!

Joe
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #14
KubrickFan KubrickFan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
KubrickFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Now I just want HBO needs to get off their a$$ and put out all 7 season on Blu.
I believe the first seasons were shot on video, so a Blu-ray release would be moot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #15
nolook nolook is offline
Senior Member
 
nolook's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Canada
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1515 View Post
Leon is great!

Joe
ya they need to give him more screentime...

good curb is coming back....my fav ep last season was the 'black swan' one
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #16
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
556
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolook View Post
ya they need to give him more screentime...

good curb is coming back....my fav ep last season was the 'black swan' one
That one was great. The golf club owner owner was hilarious.

My favorite scene was the one where Leon pretended to be Danny Duperstein with Michael Richards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #17
thelittleprince thelittleprince is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
thelittleprince's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
neverland
2994
19
134
198
43
Default

I just started watching reruns of this show recently on CW. It's freaking hilarious! Enjoyed the episode tonight with Larry's father getting a "happy ending massage" and the dog that looked like a rat!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #18
krazeyeyez krazeyeyez is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
krazeyeyez's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
the guy on the couch
18
287
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
That one was great. The golf club owner owner was hilarious.

My favorite scene was the one where Leon pretended to be Danny Duperstein with Michael Richards.
I loved when he answered the door. "please don't hurt me, it was 3 years ago"


any set date on when this starts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #19
Wyndam Wyndam is offline
Senior Member
 
Wyndam's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
768
13
1
Default

I hope Larry never stops doing this show. My favorite comedy of all time. I don't think there's been any word on when Season 8 starts. Just sometime in 2011.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #20
thelittleprince thelittleprince is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
thelittleprince's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
neverland
2994
19
134
198
43
Default

I just started watching this show on syndication on CW this past month and it's hilarious. Watched an episode this week, "The Freak Book" with the limo driver getting drunk at Ted Danson's party and Larry had to drive the limo driver home and had to pretend to be the limo driver to pick up John McEnroe at the airport and take him to the Paul McCartney concert where Larry's supposed to be going as well. The conversation early on with his wife and friends about who gets buried next to whom and trying to switch places with his wife really cracked me up. The wife of his friend Jeff said, "I don't want to be next to you for eternity. Even your best self, I'm not interested for eternity. I'm not going to be next to you forever and ever. I want some peace and quiet." Hehe.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official "DAMAGES" Season 3 Thread! TV Shows Groo The Perverted 33 07-20-2010 02:49 AM
The Official "Bring Back the PS3 *Chime*" Thread PS3 Groo The Perverted 14 12-30-2009 04:10 PM
Will this season on "Curb Your Enthusiasm" come on Blu-Ray? Wish Lists PaulDHolloway 7 10-09-2009 04:03 PM
Official "Hooray for Batman, Matrix, & back catalog Warner releases!" Thread Blu-ray Movies - North America cajmoyper 170 03-31-2008 01:24 AM
Disney announces "The Rock" and "Con Air" for release on January 8th, 2008 Blu-ray Movies - North America SBrooks1 38 10-23-2007 02:41 PM

Tags
curb, david, enthusiasm, hbo, larry

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:14 PM.