Best TV Deals

Last-Minute Holiday Deals are Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.31
11 hrs ago
The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.58
11 hrs ago
Samurai Jack: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$48.49

Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Supernatural: The Complete Thirteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Supergirl: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Arrow: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Flash: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Gotham: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Original Christmas Specials Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Planet Earth II (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 08-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #21
Special Member

Dec 2011
Houston, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers629 View Post
"The Anonymous Donor"
"This one was donated by Larry David."

*light, polite applause*

"And this one is from Anonymous!"

*loud applause with hoots*

LOL
Old 08-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #22

Jul 2012
Scottish Highlands
-

Seasons 1-3 are just classic Curb to me with episodes like The Car Salesman and Krazee-Eyez Killa. I don't think it's ever been as good since then and I find Season 5 to be particularly below par, but there's still great episodes to be found in the latest seasons.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:29 AM   #23

Jul 2012
Default Interesting

It's surprising how unpopular season five is on this thread.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Oh man, I completely forgot about "The Bi-Sexual" from season 8.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #25
Banned

Feb 2012
OH

Love season six . The Blacks are an excellent addition to the show. Really hope we get a season 9 and 10
Old 09-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #26

Jul 2012
Default Show on hiatus?

For a channel that gives Larry (the actual person, not the fictionalized character) an unusual amount of freedom when it comes to whether or not to do another season, it's interesting that he still hasn't decided on another season yet. But Jeff Garlin seems to be pretty optimistic. We'll all hope for the best.

By the way, I got season five, mostly to be in chronological order. But this thread has helped me determine which one to get next, and I'll probably go with season six.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriterionCollector View Post
For a channel that gives Larry (the actual person, not the fictionalized character) an unusual amount of freedom when it comes to whether or not to do another season, it's interesting that he still hasn't decided on another season yet. But Jeff Garlin seems to be pretty optimistic. We'll all hope for the best.

By the way, I got season five, mostly to be in chronological order. But this thread has helped me determine which one to get next, and I'll probably go with season six.
I think he'll do another season in the next couple years. He did just make the movie Clear History for them. Pretty good watch if you haven't seen.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #28

Jul 2012
Default Another reason

I've wondered if some people also like season six (or at least the TiVo episode) partly because it's the one where Cheryl leaves.

A surprising amount of posters on some other Internet threads seemed to find Cheryl pretty annoying.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

I just started watching the show on demand. I really wish I would have watched it when it was on its pretty dang funny.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

That Larry can get himself into quite the situation lol
Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014

I actually find Curb your Enthusiasm much funnier than Seinfeld - and, I'm a huge Seinfeld fan. Curb seems to take it's cue from Seinfeld re: making big issues out of trivia with hilarious results, but since it's an HBO show, the producers/writers can get away with a lot more than Seinfeld ever did. In any case, CYE is definitely one of those few shows that I've laughed out loud while watching. Also, Curb is interesting on another level in that it has the whole West Coast/LA "vibe" while Seinfeld definitely has the NYC vibe that is central to the show; one of the many differences is that in NYC, many people rely on either public transportation and/or cabs to get around, whereas on the West Coast most people have to drive their own cars to get around - this is reflected on these shows.

No favorite season, since I find them all funny. Here are some of my favorite episodes/sequences - note there are SPOILERS below, to those who haven't seen these episodes:

- The one where Richard Lewis' GF commented on how many times LD was going to the restroom.

- The one where he LD got into an argument with a teenager who was trick-or-treating (he didn't think she was wearing a costume), and also got into an argument with her father re: the composer Wagner - great episode, with an ending that was nothing short of brilliant

- The one where LD got into a fight with the young woman over who signed in first at the doctor's office.

- The one where LD & Ted Danson got into the argument over whose sandwich named after them (at a local deli) was better.

- The one where LD accidentally terminated a prized duck/swan at a local golf couse, and then tried to cover this up.

- The one where LD got in an argument with D. Schwimmer's father because the nuts/fruits baggies that he was selling had a disproportianate amount of either nuts or fruits.

- The one where LD "innocently" mistook a woman's pet dog for a large rat; the subsequent scene where she tore him a new one was side-splittingly funny...

- Any sequence where the manager's wife Suzie cusses either LD or her husband out, i.e., "You f&$ *&%^", "You four-eyed &%$", etc. Classic!

- The whole Season involving LD and friends opening a restaurant, and the hassles they had to endure - the final?! episode of this season with all of the restaurant guests cussing (to cover up the fact that the cook with TS was cussing) was classic and hysterically funny. Since I used to work at a restaurant when I was much younger, I could really relate to some of this...

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 04-02-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

I think half of Larry's problems come from his wife.

Shes not all to blame for them I'm just noticing some reoccurring themes with her, like shes one to mix business with pleasure, everyone that she or Larry does business with becomes her friend and Larry only sees them as associates and would like to be done with them after their business arrangement is finished. Instead Cheryl decides to befriend them and which leads to the Davids being invited out to social gatherings where she forces Larry to go.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Texas

I really need to watch this show now that I have hbogo. Just started season 2 a couple nights ago.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
I really need to watch this show now that I have hbogo. Just started season 2 a couple nights ago.
Yeah I'm watching it for the first time since Comcast has every HBO show on there now before I would use HBOGo to watch on my phone (charging me everytime I used it)

Ive watched half of Oz, Season 1 and 2 of the Wire, Sopranos Complete, Band of Brothers complete, The Pacific Complete, Generation Kill Complete and now I am on season 3 of Curb
Old 04-05-2014, 01:31 AM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
the guy on the couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBelm View Post
Seasons 1-3 are just classic Curb to me with episodes like The Car Salesman and Krazee-Eyez Killa. I don't think it's ever been as good since then and I find Season 5 to be particularly below par, but there's still great episodes to be found in the latest seasons.
Where I got my online namw / gamer tag from despite everyone thinking about Mr deeds. Sandler's a hack... LD is brilliant! You my caucasion!.

I equally like every season including 5. If anything I thought the newest season was the only below par season and that's if you don't consider the Michael j fox episode and realize the bar has been set insanely high by previous seasons. I have watched this show more times than anything I own. Probably near 20 times for every episode if I venture to guess. Still laugh as hard as the first time.

Last edited by krazeyeyez; 04-05-2014 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #36
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2013
Jacksonville, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeyeyez View Post
Where I got my online namw / gamer tag from despite everyone thinking about Mr deeds. Sandler's a hack... LD is brilliant! You my caucasion!.

I equally like every season including 5. If anything I thought the newest season was the only below par season and that's if you don't consider the Michael j fox episode and realize the bar has been set insanely high by previous seasons. I have watched this show more times than anything I own. Probably near 20 times for every episode if I venture to guess. Still laugh as hard as the first time.
I just watched the episode you got your screenname from.

That entire episode is Cheryl's fault.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Tags
best season, curb, curb your enthusiasm, hbo, tv show