Best Xbox 360 Game Deals

Best Xbox 360 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Payday 2 (Xbox 360)
$14.09

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (Xbox 360)
$38.10

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (Xbox 360)
$29.99

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
$19.93

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition (Xbox 360)
$13.95

Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360)
$12.20

MotionSports: Play For Real (Xbox 360)
$19.76

Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Xbox 360)
$39.20
11 hrs ago
Fable: The Journey (Xbox 360)
$13.04

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Xbox 360)
$13.21

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Xbox 360)
$61.48
14 hrs ago
NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360

Old 10-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
Default Battlefield 4 XBOX 360 = Major Letdown

I am a hardcore Battlefield fan, but I have to say I was hugely disappointed in the new Battlefield 4 for the XBOX 360. After installing the game, it asked if I wanted to download a 2GB file for optimum audio/video much like the HD Texture Pack for BF3. I did so, and the game updates as well today.

Started playing multiplayer and felt as I was transported back to 2003 in the graphics department. I mean, it looked awful! Next to no detail, the rendering was quite bad, in fact, on some maps, it was trying to render objects as I turned, off in the distance, especially on the snow level I could see a building appear and then flash and disappear, and repeat over and over. Game play felt clunky, but overall the graphics were a major let down. I loved BF3, it had some issues but the graphics were insanely detailed and for the most part, got even better with each expansion released. BF4 however felt like something for the original XBOX, or if I was playing a pre-beta build even.

What is confusing is how can a game that is 2 years old in BF3 look amazing, and then BF4 look like complete garbage? I realize all of the footage that has been teased for months from DICE and the barrage of YouTube videos came from PC game play and I am not here to knock PC or PS3 even, as I know the PC version does look great, but clearly the focus seems to be on the PC and for the next-gen consoles for BF4, and not for current consoles such as the XBOX 360 and PS3.

It was such a major let down, I can't believe I have already put it on Craiglist to get $50 or so out of it. I was so pumped for the game I had already pre-paid BF4 Premium, something I regret doing, next time I know I will wait until the actual game comes out, but oh well, my loss. I lost interest in Call of Duty multiplayer years ago, always have enjoyed the campaign but for multiplayer, nothing topped BF3 in my opinion, and was expecting BF4 to further up the ante so to speak, but it fails miserably. I should have suspected something when at the recent PAX convention, at the Microsoft XBOX One demo stations, they had BF4 in playable form there, and I found out that it wasn't playing the XBOX One or even the 360 version, it was PC hidden under each play booth with an XBOX One controller plugged into it. That is more than likely why it looked pretty amazing as I watched people play, everyone assuming it was the XBOX One version.

If you are planning on running out and buying it, you may want to hold up a bit before spending that $60. I have not played the campaign but the BF campaigns have generally been pretty weak, multiplayer is where it's at but how these reviewers can give this game a 8 and 9 out of 10 is really baffling, from what I played this evening, game play and graphically speaking I'd give it a 3.

Lastly, retailers such as Gamestop will have BF4 heavily discounted to $29.99, maybe even cheaper, so you may want to hold off until then, and if you don't like it, you at least paid half regular retail. I may revisit the game if I don't sell it, or if I do, maybe pick it up later during the holidays, but I am extremely shocked at how it looks on the 360, curious how it looks on the XBOX One now.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #2

Dec 2009

Go and trade it a BB right now. You get $40 for it TIV since it should still be at 100% in store.

Also I'm glad I held off on this. I'm not much of a BF fan. But I knew from the beta that this was going to be bad in multi. My buddy picked this up and said it looks worse then BF2: MC on the 360. I asked him really that bad and he confirmed. See the thing about COD and BF is that both have different styles of play. Like in BF2:MC you can't just run out and spam the trigger like in COD. BF3 was heading that route as most of the shooters are going. Even Halo went that way starting with Reach and then into H4. And I don't like that they are doing that. It always felt in BF that you needed to work together. Yeah you could go lone wolf style but you had to be really good to pull that off.

Last edited by neoz; 11-01-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Go and trade it a BB right now. You get $40 for it TIV since it should still be at 100% in store.

Also I'm glad I held off on this. I'm not much of a BF fan. But I knew from the beta that this was going to be bad in multi. My buddy picked this up and said it looks worse then BF2: MC on the 360. I asked him really that bad and he confirmed. See the thing about COD and BF is that both have different styles of play. Like in BF2:MC you can't just run out and spam the trigger like in COD. BF3 was heading that route as most of the shooters are going. Even Halo went that way starting with Reach and then into H4. And I don't like that they are doing that. It always felt in BF that you needed to work together. Yeah you could go lone wolf style but you had to be really good to pull that off.
Oh I returned it to the retailer, and they gave me a refund, no problems. The game is garbage, and I told them that. I purposely avoided the beta since it came out less than a month before the final game was released, as I didn't want to spoil it for myself, knowing the beta would be rough, but then realizing what I got was in the final product was worse than a beta. COD for me anyways is about the campaign, lost interest in multiplayer COD when it got to be the same thing every game, tiny maps, no vehicles or aircraft to drive/fly, spawning in and getting sniped, etc. BF series has always excelled in the mutiplayer department for me, any day of the week, except now with BF4.

I am simply going back to BF3 and will revisit BF4 possibly late next year when I get the One console but perhaps there will be a new BF game out as all of the BF4 expansions should be out by August so there could be a new BF game out around this time 2014.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #4

Dec 2011

It was confirmed that its only gonna be 720p on Xbox one!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #5

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudog760 View Post
It was confirmed that its only gonna be 720p on Xbox one!
Ghosts will be the same way. 720p upconverted to 1080p.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #6

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Ghosts will be the same way. 720p upconverted to 1080p.
I'm feeling very skeptical towards xbox one now. I'm gonna wait a few months for both systems to have full reviews and see how everything is looking on each of them.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

Quote:
I'm feeling very skeptical towards xbox one now. I'm gonna wait a few months for both systems to have full reviews and see how everything is looking on each of them.
I decided months ago to wait it out, I probably will be looking at an XBOX One around this time next year, just in time for any Black Friday deals. With Skyrim, GTA5, Halo 3, and going back to rebuy Battlefield 3 since BF4 is awful, all of those games will keep me busy for at least another year. This way the early bugs will be fixed (hopefully) and perhaps Microsoft will wise up and offer a Kinect-less console for $399.99.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
Banned

Feb 2013
Canada

I'm on Xbox playing bf3!
Old 11-04-2013, 05:22 AM   #9

Dec 2009

Quote:
I'm waiting as well. One because I lack the money to buy it day one but two I'm hoping that when Titan Fall comes out they do a Xbox One branded console.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
Power Member

Oct 2013
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
Oh I returned it to the retailer, and they gave me a refund, no problems. The game is garbage, and I told them that. I purposely avoided the beta since it came out less than a month before the final game was released, as I didn't want to spoil it for myself, knowing the beta would be rough, but then realizing what I got was in the final product was worse than a beta. COD for me anyways is about the campaign, lost interest in multiplayer COD when it got to be the same thing every game, tiny maps, no vehicles or aircraft to drive/fly, spawning in and getting sniped, etc. BF series has always excelled in the mutiplayer department for me, any day of the week, except now with BF4.

I am simply going back to BF3 and will revisit BF4 possibly late next year when I get the One console but perhaps there will be a new BF game out as all of the BF4 expansions should be out by August so there could be a new BF game out around this time 2014.
Yup! BF4 IS garbage. that is true...DICE has severely lost their ways from EA trying to go and mimic the cod clone. absolutely saddening, I wish I could go back to glory days of Bad Company 2
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360