Best Xbox 360 Game Deals

Best Xbox 360 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Payday 2 (Xbox 360)
$14.09

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (Xbox 360)
$38.10

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 - 4 (Xbox 360)
$12.88

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
$19.93

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition (Xbox 360)
$13.95

Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360)
$12.20

MotionSports: Play For Real (Xbox 360)
$19.76

Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Xbox 360)
$39.20

Fable: The Journey (Xbox 360)
$13.04

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Xbox 360)
$13.21

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Xbox 360)
$60.73
12 hrs ago
NBA 2K9 (Xbox 360)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360

Old 03-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2004
New Jersey
Red face 360 games you thought you would never stop playing - but did.

Obsession is fickle like a pickle. One day you are totally obsessed with a game until something new comes along. You pry yourself away just long enough to try the new interesting game and BAM! Hooked to the point that it "cures" you of your former obsession.

I really like Forza 4 for a while, though I would not say obsessed. I did finish the game and moved on. Even PURE held my interest for a while. I still would like to go back.

I was looking for the Xbox 360 version of Rip Tide when I found "Hydro Thunder: Hurricane" by the same company. Everyday for HOURS it was wet and wild racing mayhem. The water effects, unlocking new boats and skins, finding tokens, etc. My greatest nemesis wasn't even the hardcore online players as much it is my good friend, Red.

Twice we finished with the exact xx.xx time down to the hundreth of a second. One time I was listed as the winner, the second time she was the winner. Another time only a last second turbo boost jump had me beat her by .01 hundreth of a second. Trust me, you can NOT do that with your friends if you tried. Then she started beating my times and I started beating her times. The battle rages as I have not caught up to her due to the next obsession.

"Defense Grid: The Awakening". This was the first free to gold member's game. This Tower Defense type game seemed interesting enough to have around for when I needed a break from other games. "But NOOOOOOOOoooooooo", as Steve Martin would say. Tower weapons, aliens and strategy consumed us both again for months! Mind you, I gave up on strategy games as a kid. It's not like holding a weapon and making sure it gets the job done. You can only stand by and hope the towers do their job. Fight for upgrades and more towers, and yes, to beat Red's score. Grrrr.

I downloaded the free "Gears of War". But who has time when I am grinding my gears in "World of Tanks".
Travel the world, meet interesting people and kill them. This is the game I always hoped for when I played Combat on the Atari 2600. Waited my whole life for it. Free to play, but you need to buy gold (with real money) to get anywhere fast. You keep hoping the next tank upgrade helps you do better, and it can. But you usually end up in a higher tier game where your turret gets handed to you time and again. I have 28 of the 29 achievements and paitently wait for the moment I can obtain the secret achievment of "death from above". Yeah, try crushing your enemy without dying when no one likes to hang out under cliffs.

Any time not spent on World of Tanks is upgrade experience and silver lost. I can't play other games now when I am so close to my next two upgrades. GRRRR! "That really grinds my gears." Peter Griffin / Family Guy.

What about you?

Last edited by tron3; 03-10-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #2
Special Member

May 2011
Texas

COD 4 and 5.

The hackers finally gutted me enough.

I would have kept my 360 just to play World at War.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:53 AM   #3

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14 View Post
COD 4 and 5.

I stopped playing both of those as well when the hackers took over.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #4

Jun 2013
Sheridan, WY

Gears of War (1,2, & 3). One of my favorite games for co-op. My buddy just isn't ever online anymore.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2007

Left 4 Dead.

Played it TONS, the only game I would carve out time specifically to play online with others.

Ironically until the sequel came out, then I barely played either.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #6

Dec 2013
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14 View Post
COD 4 and 5.

Right... I just went and tried to play WAW mp but theres so many modded players its annoying...By far my favorite COD MP game..Its a shame people runined and took the fun out of it....
Old 04-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #7

Apr 2014

It was Halo series but now LOL.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

CoD4 - Yep, the hackers, but also IW for stopping supporting the game and tackling hacking.

TBH, I could even live with the hacking for a while, but eventually the number of players dwindled to the extent that there weren't many people left playing the game legitimately. A real shame, it's still my favourite MP gaming experience. That first couple of years after CoD4 had come out, were just brilliant.

We still play WaW, but only for private match zombie mode. MP has some truly great maps, and is loads of fun, but basically, see above.

I can't stand the recent CoD games, so the loss of the 'great' CoD games is even more keenly felt.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #9
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

Borderlands 2
Old 01-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #10

Jan 2015
Default Rock Band for life, eh, not so much now...

For me, the game I couldn't put down (until just two months ago) was the Rock Band franchise. I spent easily over $2000.00 on that game between the dlc and the guitar and drums, etc. I never thought I would stop playing it. I was wrong. Now I am playing Rocksmith 2014 and other games. About time, right?

Edit: So I find out today that they are restarting Rock Band dlc again. Arg. I don't know if it will be weekly or whatever, but I do know "R U Mine?" from the Arctic Monkeys will be in my RB library tomorrow!

Last edited by sourjones; 01-12-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:21 AM   #11
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourjones View Post
For me, the game I couldn't put down (until just two months ago) was the Rock Band franchise. I spent easily over $2000.00 on that game between the dlc and the guitar and drums, etc. I never thought I would stop playing it. I was wrong. Now I am playing Rocksmith 2014 and other games. About time, right?
Same here, & I spent a fortune on that series as well.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2004
New Jersey

Well, just popping in to say I am back - at least for a while.

Still hooked on World of Tanks and recently achieved my first level 10 tank - a destroyer.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:16 PM   #13

Jun 2007

Forza (2 - 4)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox 360