Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$34.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$35.49

Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04

The Fly Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.62

Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Far Country (Blu-ray)
$26.42
9 hrs ago
Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.04
9 hrs ago
Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Posters and Art

Old 05-18-2015, 05:31 PM   #1

Dec 2010
Default Affordable alternatives to framing to protect posters?

I've been working at a movie theater on weekends for the past year and have acquired quite a collection of movie posters. I bought a few frames from Walmart, but those really add up for a recent college grad (even buying the cheap ones, which don't hold together very well of course). I want to hang some up around my apartment. I'm mainly concerned with putting them in anything that I can easily just use Command strips on (need to be able to put them up and take them down easily when I have to move). Are there any more affordable options to protect the poster and make it easy to hang on a wall other than frames? I kind of entertained the idea of laminating them, but that could make it hard to pack them up when necessary. Any suggestions welcome and appreciated!
Old 05-22-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
DFW TX

They make giant top loaders for posters, similar to what you would put a trading card in. I think you can also put them back to back in one top loader and display which ever you choose. Blu Ray member Kinsella5 I believe can help you out. They gave me some advice on them however I haven't been able to get around to it yet.

Example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-BCW-TLCH-...item25a393d2cb
Thanks given by:
Russ103 (09-20-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroK View Post
They make giant top loaders for posters, similar to what you would put a trading card in. I think you can also put them back to back in one top loader and display which ever you choose. Blu Ray member Kinsella5 I believe can help you out. They gave me some advice on them however I haven't been able to get around to it yet.

Example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-BCW-TLCH-...item25a393d2cb
Interesting. I wonder how easy it is to load into one? With the poster being so large, and less rigid than something like trading cards, I fear I'd be adding too much pressure to slide it down into one of those, especially if the poster was rolled up.

Last edited by MifuneFan; 05-22-2015 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #4
Expert Member

Dec 2013
Canada

If framing isn't a viable option, just use poster hanger rail strips i.e. those thin plastic strips that you slide the top (and bottom) ends of the poster into and hang them that way. The edges are protected to some degree, but obviously the poster itself is still exposed. The only viable way to truly protect a poster is to get it framed or plaqued.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #5

Jun 2012
Illinois

I was at Michael's (craft store) over the weekend and they have 27x40 frames for $18. They're plastic and probably offer the best protection for the money. And you can pretty easily pop out and put back in a poster.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:45 AM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
R-Point

The ones at Target are a little more expensive, almost $30. I buy those for the ones that I really love, like my collection of the 2014 Godzilla posters. But, I have been buying the ones at my local Wal-Mart and Meijer since they are $20. I have a huge collection of over 100+ and I've been buying up from a local video store that sells them for $2. Even though they are not worth as much, I still enjoy them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Posters and Art