Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74
6 hrs ago
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Oliver & Company (Blu-ray)
$5.00
6 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Stand by Me 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
6 hrs ago
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

Brightburn (Blu-ray)
$19.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old Yesterday, 05:41 AM   #19401
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Maine

If teachers and athletes switched payrolls.
Thanks given by:
Lemmy Lugosi (Today)
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM   #19402
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
I love traveling. I love traveling so much.
[Show spoiler]I love talking about traveling, thinking about traveling, listening about...mostly talking about traveling But I love traveling so much that I actually get pleasure from just looking at an online map of Europe.

I've been there twice (Ireland in '13, Germany & Austria in '15) and '17 should have been my third trip but then my world came crumbling down Now, I'm thinking I may try and make that third trip happen next year. I have given it some thought and I think I would try and go really cheap this time. Basically, I would try and stick to one town or city and just rely on public transportation and do as many free activities as I could. I've never considered myself a hostel person meaning while I'm very pleasant, I'm not very friendly and outgoing. I take myself quite seriously most of the time and I could see being the resident grouch. But, in order to save money, staying at a hostel is something I would consider doing where as previously I would have never given it much consideration.

I have no idea where I would go. I don't know if I would pick a big city or a small town. If I were to go to a place that I've already been, it would probably be between Berlin and Salzburg, Austria. I know I'd love the idea of visiting Prague and doing some touristy stuff for a week and then spending another week just living like a local and sitting in cafes and reading and people watching and trying to avoid contact with everyone around me. Who needs all that socializing and human contact?

But anyway, I love traveling so much that it was fun just to post this thread and considering the chance that I may be able to make it back. I have fond memories from my two previous trips and would love to make some more. One kind of funny story that I'll keep short. Somewhere in Vienna, there is an Asian woman walking around with a picture of me on her phone thinking I'm Ryan Reynolds

If you were to take a vacation next year, where would you go?
I also love to travel. Not as much as I used to because of all the airport security hassles but flying isn't the only travel option. I did a cross-country jaunt via ground transportation in the early 2000's and I loved it - once on Amtrak and the second time on Greyhound. Both trips took 2 1/2 days. But, yeah, generally I enjoy visiting places that I don't get to see every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Flint View Post
Lol. I didn't realize adults actually liked being told where to sit. If you can't make it to a movie on time, that's your problem. The world ain't fair. Is sitting just off center in a movie theater really going to kill it that much for you? Really? Come on, now. I've had to sit along the wall numerous times as well as all the way in the front row. Never bothered me. I still got to see the movie I paid for. Reserved seating is retarded.
You're acting like you're going to encounter a drill sergeant in the auditorium and you'll have to take whatever seat he commands you to take lol. All Reserved Seating does is take away the anxiety of being stuck with a seat you don't want, so whatever your thing is, arriving early or 10 minutes after the movie starts, you won't have to sweat it. But none of this matters to you as long as you see the movie, right? Well, not me. I'm not paying top dollar so I can sit off-angle in some corner for 2 hours.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (Yesterday), Scarriere (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:47 PM   #19403
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

No, as an adult I like picking where I sit. Going to the movies shouldn’t feel like a Wedding reception.
Thanks given by:
Lemmy Lugosi (Today), Scarriere (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #19404
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
No, as an adult I like picking where I sit. Going to the movies shouldn’t feel like a Wedding reception.
Reserved seating isn't like a lottery system - you can pick your own seat. You just do it BEFORE you enter the theater. Why is everyone having a hard time comprehending this?
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM   #19405
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

LOL, dude, I’m on your side and agree. I like to pick where I sit, reserved seating insures I get to do that
Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM   #19406
Power Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
Reserved seating isn't like a lottery system - you can pick your own seat. You just do it BEFORE you enter the theater. Why is everyone having a hard time comprehending this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
LOL, dude, I’m on your side and agree. I like to pick where I sit, reserved seating insures I get to do that
Reserved seating is wonderful. Especially so if the seats are La-Z-Boys. I also enjoy kicking people out of my seat.
Old Today, 02:41 AM   #19407
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Watch out folks, beefytwinkie gonna go full Stiller on you. Best check your seat number
Old Today, 02:46 AM   #19408
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
Brazil

I just came here to randomly say that humorless people make the world a worse place. Bye!
Old Today, 03:11 AM   #19409
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremildo View Post
I just came here to randomly say that humorless people make the world a worse place. Bye!
Old Today, 07:10 AM   #19410
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

I can’t get this song out of my head. I listen to it every single day when I drive to and from work.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat