Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Outriders (Xbox XS)
$14.47

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$5.49
16 hrs ago
Aliens: Fireteam Elite (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Scarlet Nexus (Xbox XS)
$21.08

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$14.56

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$19.88

Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Judgment (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (Xbox XS)
$19.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$32.47
3 hrs ago
Greedfall (Xbox XS)
$27.99

Halo Infinite (Xbox XS)
$43.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 04-15-2022, 03:37 AM   #221
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
alternates between Papua New Guinea and Pennsylvania

First did the Trial in someone else’s tune for the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Ok. Then created my own tune. Amazing tune. Easily came in 1st in first two Trial races. Did a test run on Estadio against 11 Unbeatable AI and I beat them by 8 seconds.

I readily admit that I'm generally not good at tuning and almost always rely on other people's tunes, but this is better than most tunes by ranked tuners that I have used in previous Trials.

Share code 734 464 301
Old 04-16-2022, 09:54 PM   #222
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

While doing the Trial yesterday I experienced an AI that didn't play by the same rulebook that we have to follow. Watch as the AI in 2nd place takes a shortcut and bypasses four checkpoints before re-entering the race. I did pass him, but we would have had to rewind and go through the missed checkpoints.

https:// 1drv.ms/v/s!Ak7ogXTrcvJ-3Bq0W40A8Y9wDkIU?e=1FXBXU (take out the space after the // (having trouble with the url changing when I post the link here

Last edited by cricepng; 04-16-2022 at 09:56 PM. Reason: fixed link address
Old 04-21-2022, 08:21 PM   #223
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Default Series 6: Spring

Rewards
McLaren 650S Spider (exclusive) | 20 pts
Lamborghini Aventador SVJ | 40 pts

Forzashop
Ferrari 458 S | 700 FP
Ranger Raptor | 500 FP
Orange Suit outfit | 75 FP
Paint Spray car horn | 75 FP
Super Wheelspin | 300 FP
Wheelspin | 80 FP

Weekly Challenge: | "Camp Out" | Reward: 5 pts, 80 FP
Own and drive the 1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe
Take a photo of your VW Type 2
Complete an EventLab in your VW Type 2
Upgrade the VW Type 2 and win a B Class Cross Country

Daily Challenges
Spend 50,000 credits on upgrades | Reward: 1 pt, 10 FP
Paint the wing of any American vehicle | Reward: 1 pt, 10 FP
Complete a Super 7 | Reward: 1 pt, 10 FP
Earn 9 Stars at Speed Traps in any vehicle upgraded to X Class | Reward: 1 pt, 10 FP
Play an Event Blueprint in any Dodge vehicle | Reward: 1 pt, 10 FP
Take a picture of the Horizon Tour Mural in the Horizon Festival Mexico | Reward: 1 pt, 10 FP
Paint your vehicle's rims | Reward: 1 pt, 10 FP

Online Challenges
Horizon Tour | Complete a Horizon Tour session | Reward: 3 pts
EventLab | "Trial of the Grasses" | Restrictions: B700 Retro Saloons | Reward: 2013 Audi R8, 3 pts
EventLab | "Festival of Farzakart" | Restrictions: A800 AWD | Reward: Pinata Pop car horn, 3 pts
Horizon Open | "Spring Clean" | Earn 10 Clean Racing Skills in Horizon Open Custom Racing | Reward: Super Wheelspin, 2 pts
Horizon Open | "Country Charm" | Complete a Cross Country Racing Horizon Open Custom Race | Reward: BMW X5 M, 2 pts
Danger Sign | Stadium Jump (1197.5 ft) | Restrictions: S2998 Extreme Track Toys (2018 Ferrari FXX-K-Evo) | Reward: Super Wheelspin, 2 pts
Speed Trap | Dustbowl (135 mph) | Restrictions: A800 Ariel Nomad | Reward: Super Wheelspin, 2 pts
Trail Blazer | Puerta Petrea (20.5 seconds remaining) | Restrictions: C600 Buggies | Reward: Super Wheelspin, 2 pts

Races
Trial: | "Red vs Blue" | Restrictions: B700 Evo vs Impreza | Reward: Tuning hoodie clothing, 10 pts | Horizon Baja Scramble (dry), Fuera del Camino Trail (dry), Teotihuacan Scramble (dry) 2009 Lancer Evo X GSR WP
Seasonal Championship | "Street Art" | Restrictions: A800 Modern Muscle | Reward: 1970 Dodge Challenger, 5 pts | LA lderas, El Lago Blanco, Las Fueras, 2016 Cadillac ATS-V

Other
Photo Challenge: | #RacingSpots | Restrictions: | 2013 Toyota 87 at the Senkoe Mural in Playa Azul | Reward: Senoke's Relaxed Relxed Tee clothing, 2 pts
Treasure Hunt | "Fine Tuned" | Don't try to sprint before you found your tunes, it's hard to win. | Reward: 100 FP, 3 pts

Monthly Events
Monthly Rivals: | Emerald Circuit | Post a clean lap | Reward: 4 pts | (initiate from within the Festival Playlist)
Horizon Story: "Drift Club Mexico" | Earn 18 Stars from the Horizon Story: "Drift Club Mexico" | Reward: Ford Mach E-1400, 3 pts

EventLabs
The one at the Caldera was very well done. 3 lap race, mostly custom tracks with some hairpins. The one at Emerald Circuit was horrible. 2 lap race and the platform roads were very uneven, the jumps were not well laid out.

Races
The Trial was enough enough. I used a tune by KoolIROCZ1967 in the 2009 Lancer Evo X GSR Welcome Pack. Team did well in the first race with me finishing second behind a teammate in a very fast Imprezza. The winner in the Imprezza dropped out between the first and second race. I have a teammate ram me in an early corner which ruined my race. I ended up finishing 4th that race behind a teammate (3rd) and two runaway AI. We lost the race but someone got credit for winning the Trial.

The Seasonal Championship was easy. I used the '87 Merc-Benz AMG Hammer that I already had tuned to A800. Easily came in 1st in all three races. Everything was dry.

Doing a full Horizon Custom Cross Country should easily get you both Horizon Open Challenges. I used a B-class with a Ford Racing Puma.

PR Stunts
Have the Nomad tuned to the A800 PI and approach the Speed Trap from well to the north. As long as you have a higher PI S2 Extreme Track Toy and get a good running start, the Danger Sign is doable. I used the Class 5/1600 Baja Bug for the Trailblazer with a C600 tune. Just remember to go straight to the paved road and slow down for the turn onto the dirt road near the Eliminator.

Other
Treasure Hunt can be done by
[Show spoiler]tuning a car (not sure any will do but I used a BMW with an A800 tune) and winning any Road Race Sprint on any difficulty. The Chest itself is under a bridge near the festival site in the southeast corne
r of the map.

Go to the house near Playa Azul for the Photo Challenge.

I won't be doing the rest of the Dailies until next Wednesday as I need to send my Xbox on an early flight to our country's capital as I'm going on a trip next week and my small fixed-wing flight Wednesday is beyond maxed out on cargo.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:47 AM   #224
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Back on this
Back loving this
That is all
Old 05-04-2022, 12:19 PM   #225
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

So I've been playing around with this since I got my XSX and...(puts on anti-flame suit) I'm not that enamored with it. It's OBVIOUSLY a beautiful game, probably the best looking game on XSX, and you can really tell that Playground puts a lot of TLC into it. However I think what it comes down to with me is that I'm just not a big fan of open world racers in general. I find that because it's so open and limitless, the moment to moment racing lacks the intensity that I enjoy with closed track racing games and after a while I kind of get bored with it. The limits that traditional track racing poses actually exacerbates the thrill and intensity that I love and associate so much with racing and I don't find that here for my taste, at least not enough of it. A good example of this is when I lose control and I'm expecting my car to slam into a guard rail and instead it mows right through it as if it was never there and I keep going. At first this feels very liberating but once you've done it a few times, it loses it's impact (pun intended). Plus, with few exceptions, I just find that I am spending a large amount of time in the environment by myself. Its quite an isolating feeling at times compared to standard track racing. The game is clearly high quality and if you're into this kind of racing I can certainly see why it's so beloved. It's just not for me. I'm looking forward to the next Forza Motorsport, as I'm sure I'll enjoy that more.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 05-04-2022 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:38 PM   #226
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

You shut your mouth. Heretic.

:-)
Horses for courses and all that.
I'm the other way, find the confines of track racing boring
Old 05-04-2022, 01:52 PM   #227
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
You shut your mouth. Heretic.

:-)
Horses for courses and all that.
I'm the other way, find the confines of track racing boring
LMAO! I know my opinion will not be popular amongst the Xbox community, as most of those in it seem to hold Forza Horizon up as "Golden Calf" status amongst the Xbox exclusives. The truth is there has only ever been one open world racing game that held my attention and that was Burnout Paradise City. I'm not sure what it was about that game that spoke to me, but Paradise City was the tits!
Thanks given by:
Blu Lemmy (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 01:55 PM   #228
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
So I've been playing around with this since I got my XSX and...(puts on anti-flame suit) I'm not that enamored with it. It's OBVIOUSLY a beautiful game, probably the best looking game on XSX, and you can really tell that Playground puts a lot of TLC into it. However I think what it comes down to with me is that I'm just not a big fan of open world racers in general. I find that because it's so open and limitless, the moment to moment racing lacks the intensity that I enjoy with closed track racing games and after a while I kind of get bored with it. The limits that traditional track racing poses actually exacerbates the thrill and intensity that I love and associate so much with racing and I don't find that here for my taste, at least not enough of it. A good example of this is when I lose control and I'm expecting my car to slam into a guard rail and instead it mows right through it as if it was never there and I keep going. At first this feels very liberating but once you've done it a few times, it loses it's impact (pun intended). Plus, with few exceptions, I just find that I am spending a large amount of time in the environment by myself. Its quite an isolating feeling at times compared to standard track racing. The game is clearly high quality and if you're into this kind of racing I can certainly see why it's so beloved. It's just not for me. I'm looking forward to the next Forza Motorsport, as I'm sure I'll enjoy that more.
I bounced off it real quick too. The UI is a cluttered mess. Eventually I get into a mode where Horizons click and I play them a ridiculous amount but that hasn't happened with this one yet. Also the rubberband AI was atrocious last I played.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:28 PM   #229
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
LMAO! I know my opinion will not be popular amongst the Xbox community, as most of those in it seem to hold Forza Horizon up as "Golden Calf" status amongst the Xbox exclusives. The truth is there has only ever been one open world racing game that held my attention and that was Burnout Paradise City. I'm not sure what it was about that game that spoke to me, but Paradise City was the tits!
Yes it was!
Old 05-04-2022, 11:24 PM   #230
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Horizon has always felt meh.

I enjoy the ridiculous amount of details while driving your fave car or experimenting with others.

I turn off all HUDs when I play these Forza games. I like the new interior dash cam cockpit view.

Though the problem I believe is the lack of restrictions. You donít feel any accomplishment for getting a new vehicle or winning a race. Itís feels more like here... now enjoy.
Old 05-04-2022, 11:25 PM   #231
Special Member

Dec 2019

Overall I'm pretty happy with FH5 but the new Motorsport can't come too soon (aside from launching a broken game).
Old 05-05-2022, 01:07 PM   #232
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Horizon has always felt meh.

I enjoy the ridiculous amount of details while driving your fave car or experimenting with others.

I turn off all HUDs when I play these Forza games. I like the new interior dash cam cockpit view.

Though the problem I believe is the lack of restrictions. You donít feel any accomplishment for getting a new vehicle or winning a race. Itís feels more like here... now enjoy.
Yeah, I would describe a large portion of the game as high speed sight-seeing.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:22 PM   #233
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Bah to the pair of you.

Old 05-06-2022, 10:59 PM   #234
Blu-ray Prince

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
Bah to the pair of you.

Game kinda launches you into an online lobby or at least attempts to. 50% of the time when I start this game it tells me Iím not connected to Forza Servers & asks me if I wanna retry.. by pressing X.

I just leave it be as there isnít anything wrong with my internet.

The rumble in this game is very impressive despite 0 haptics.

I should probably turn on the HUD to see what the hell I'm supposed to do.
Thanks given by:
emailking (05-13-2022)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X