Best Anime Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$40.50
20 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising (Blu-ray)
$10.99
2 hrs ago
Attack on Titan: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$25.99
10 hrs ago
Attack on Titan: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
7 hrs ago
Nana: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.99
 
Death Note: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$40.20
20 hrs ago
Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
11 hrs ago
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: Season Two, Part 01 (Blu-ray)
$36.25
6 hrs ago
Bleach: Set 12 (Blu-ray)
$36.50
20 hrs ago
Mobile Suit Gundam: NT (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Non Non Biyori: Nonstop - Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99
 
RahXephon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-12-2022, 04:35 AM   #6841
KululuCrazyFrog KululuCrazyFrog is online now
Junior Member
 
KululuCrazyFrog's Avatar
 
Oct 2020
Default

Sgt. Frog Season 2 is in stock at Rightstuf, so that should be shipping out soon.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Kid Boruto (05-13-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 04:50 AM   #6842
dubudavid dubudavid is offline
Junior Member
 
dubudavid's Avatar
 
Feb 2022
Default

Yay! Really excited to see how people like that one, I am very proud of how it turned out.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Academyratio (05-12-2022), Bobo1313 (05-13-2022), CrashOveride95 (05-12-2022), Kid Boruto (05-13-2022), KululuCrazyFrog (05-12-2022), Kyle15 (05-12-2022), mikezilla2 (05-12-2022), Naiera (05-12-2022), Pikachu_Lee (05-12-2022), professorwho (05-12-2022), theberserker22 (05-12-2022), Tylerfan (05-13-2022), xXx$uicide_Ma$terxXx (05-12-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 05:40 PM   #6843
AreaFive AreaFive is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
AreaFive's Avatar
 
May 2020
Florida
161
828
47
4
4
Default

Wow, I just watched the first episode of Super Dimension Century Orguss 02 and was really impressed. The setting and story were very captivating and I loved the art style. I'm not familiar with the franchise at all. I see Discotek released the first series, do you think there's any chance they might release 02 as well?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (05-13-2022), mikezilla2 (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 04:48 AM   #6844
veritas veritas is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dec 2015
112
1017
8
Default

Anyone know where some pictures of the scryed blu ray set is or an unboxing video?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 04:51 AM   #6845
InuYashaCrusade InuYashaCrusade is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
InuYashaCrusade's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
-
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Anyone know where some pictures of the scryed blu ray set is or an unboxing video?

4 minutes in
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (05-13-2022), veritas (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 09:52 AM   #6846
mikezilla2 mikezilla2 is offline
Power Member
 
Feb 2011
134
1393
Default

remind me around what month the next discotek Day would pop up ? :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:29 PM   #6847
CrashOveride95 CrashOveride95 is online now
Member
 
Oct 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
remind me around what month the next discotek Day would pop up ? :P
Nobody knows
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (05-13-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 04:08 PM   #6848
jignat jignat is offline
Active Member
 
Nov 2011
Tampa, Florida
Default

I can't believe I have the complete City hunter TV series out on magnificent bluray!

I hope Discotek will share some news soon about any other CH Bluray releases like any of the OVA/movies or the upcoming film.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bolo Seagull (05-14-2022), Lionel Horsepackage (05-13-2022), mikezilla2 (05-13-2022), MJW (05-15-2022), sagadego (05-13-2022), theberserker22 (05-14-2022)
Old 05-13-2022, 06:26 PM   #6849
Lionel Horsepackage Lionel Horsepackage is offline
Power Member
 
Lionel Horsepackage's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Room 303, The Heart o' the City Hotel
1
Send a message via AIM to Lionel Horsepackage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaFive View Post
Wow, I just watched the first episode of Super Dimension Century Orguss 02 and was really impressed. The setting and story were very captivating and I loved the art style. I'm not familiar with the franchise at all. I see Discotek released the first series, do you think there's any chance they might release 02 as well?
Same here. They did a magnificent job with the first TV show, so here's hoping they pick up the rights to the OVA sequel-series too, here.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AreaFive (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 01:10 AM   #6850
Bobo1313 Bobo1313 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bobo1313's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Somewhere
44
1
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignat View Post
I can't believe I have the complete City hunter TV series out on magnificent bluray!

I hope Discotek will share some news soon about any other CH Bluray releases like any of the OVA/movies or the upcoming film.
I'm sure we have some wait time, Japan hasn't released them yet.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (05-16-2022), mikezilla2 (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 07:17 AM   #6851
veritas veritas is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dec 2015
112
1017
8
Default

The sound comic extra is pretty cool for scryed.

I noticed they included a lot of music soundtracks on the third disc would it have required a different license to include them on a cd rather then a bd?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:48 PM   #6852
FarSided102 FarSided102 is online now
Active Member
 
FarSided102's Avatar
 
Apr 2021
Default

Know this is out of nowhere, but considering semi-recent events, I take it that Discotek is at least (hopefully) considering dubbing anime with a different studio than Sound Candence? Rarely do you commission new dubs, but it would at least be a good idea.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:57 PM   #6853
v_i v_i is offline
Member
 
v_i's Avatar
 
Feb 2016
Planar Space
4
269
355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarSided102 View Post
Know this is out of nowhere, but considering semi-recent events, I take it that Discotek is at least (hopefully) considering dubbing anime with a different studio than Sound Candence? Rarely do you commission new dubs, but it would at least be a good idea.
A third of Memories was done at NYAV. Case Closed and Lupin III are dubbed at Epcar Entertainment or Bang Zoom, but I believe TMS funds those dubs.

Discotek likely sticks with Sound Cadence because they're familiar and cheap. Texas dubbing tends to be the cheapest you can get outside of Singapore, and Sound Cadence is the only independent dubbing studio in Texas, other than Kocha Sound, as far as I'm aware. Going with a studio in California is likely just too expensive out side of very small roles, like ⅓ of a movie.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (05-15-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 05:59 PM   #6854
gloomranger gloomranger is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
gloomranger's Avatar
 
Jan 2020
Indianapolis, IN.
89
687
94
10
Default

What happened with Sound Cadence?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GeoffOliver (05-15-2022), InuYashaCrusade (05-15-2022), micpp (05-15-2022), mikezilla2 (05-15-2022), thelonepig (05-15-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 06:49 PM   #6855
GeoffOliver GeoffOliver is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
GeoffOliver's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
53
960
401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_i View Post
A third of Memories was done at NYAV. Case Closed and Lupin III are dubbed at Epcar Entertainment or Bang Zoom, but I believe TMS funds those dubs.

Discotek likely sticks with Sound Cadence because they're familiar and cheap. Texas dubbing tends to be the cheapest you can get outside of Singapore, and Sound Cadence is the only independent dubbing studio in Texas, other than Kocha Sound, as far as I'm aware. Going with a studio in California is likely just too expensive out side of very small roles, like ⅓ of a movie.
There's also Chris Sabat's Okatron 5000 and its LA satellite studio, Okatron 5000 West. They mostly work on the Dragon Ball franchise, but they also do plenty of video games like the Borderlands series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:26 PM   #6856
batman2000 batman2000 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Oct 2006
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffOliver View Post
There's also Chris Sabat's Okatron 5000 and its LA satellite studio, Okatron 5000 West. They mostly work on the Dragon Ball franchise, but they also do plenty of video games like the Borderlands series.
Whatís the the difference between west and the regular studio?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (05-15-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 10:37 PM   #6857
FarSided102 FarSided102 is online now
Active Member
 
FarSided102's Avatar
 
Apr 2021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_i View Post
A third of Memories was done at NYAV. Case Closed and Lupin III are dubbed at Epcar Entertainment or Bang Zoom, but I believe TMS funds those dubs.

Discotek likely sticks with Sound Cadence because they're familiar and cheap. Texas dubbing tends to be the cheapest you can get outside of Singapore, and Sound Cadence is the only independent dubbing studio in Texas, other than Kocha Sound, as far as I'm aware. Going with a studio in California is likely just too expensive out side of very small roles, like ⅓ of a movie.
I know TMS funded the Bang Zoom dubs. The Epcar Studios ones (I know Blood Seal of the Mermaid was one of them) were commissioned by Discotek.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikezilla2 (05-20-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 10:49 PM   #6858
FarSided102 FarSided102 is online now
Active Member
 
FarSided102's Avatar
 
Apr 2021
Default

Sorry to double post, but-
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomranger View Post
What happened with Sound Cadence?
Apparently a lot of the employees were protective of Damam Mills despite there being quite a bit of evidence suggesting that he was a groomer.
Va’s did defend him from other studios, and you would be correct in pointing that out, but then again it seems like more of that studio were friends with him. https://archive.ph/sPpNf
Note that this tweet came out not only after the allegations, but also after Mill’s “apology”.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Footlong Shoe (05-16-2022), mikezilla2 (05-20-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 10:54 PM   #6859
MOONPHASE MOONPHASE is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
MOONPHASE's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
California
6
463
795
18
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
Whatís the the difference between west and the regular studio?
West is located in Burbank, California while the regular one is in Plano, Texas. As you can imagine the West studio is for the actors located in California. Itís the same as like how NYAV Post is in New York and California.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
GeoffOliver (05-16-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 11:26 PM   #6860
batman2000 batman2000 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Oct 2006
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
West is located in Burbank, California while the regular one is in Plano, Texas. As you can imagine the West studio is for the actors located in California. It’s the same as like how NYAV Post is in New York and California.
I was thinking that was the case.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Tags
discotek, discotek media

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:11 AM.