Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
20 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
6 hrs ago
No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
22 hrs ago
The Suicide Squad 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
7 hrs ago
Halloween Kills 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
18 hrs ago
Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99

The Matrix Resurrections (Blu-ray)
$12.99
23 hrs ago
Dragons Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
21 hrs ago
The Addams Family 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.71

The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
The Shawshank Redemption 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 05-14-2022, 12:49 AM   #36601
Power Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
Paid $25 Canadian to watch THE NORTHMAN. Took 2 minutes to properly matte for 2:1 while I brewed my coffee. The 4K HDR ( I don't have DV), and ATMOS track were amazing on my setup. It was a worth every penny and more. I'll pick up the disc when available.

Saw UNCHARTED the same way. Also worth it for a one time viewing to ascertain that it would not be worth owning.
You paid $25 to watch The Northman once? What service did you watch it on?
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 01:20 AM   #36602
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Real neat place, do you live in South Pasadena? I graduated from Franklin High School in Highland Park. Still have Family in the L.A. area, we go to Toluca Lake every year for Thanksgiving. Lots of history in some of those old neighborhoods.
I do not. Yeah, Toluca Lake, that's where Bob Hope lived. It's nice and fancy nowadays.

I love Highland Park even in its gentrified state. I have some local spots I frequent there.
Thanks given by:
alchav21 (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 02:39 AM   #36603
Special Member

Sep 2014
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
My local Cable provider is ROGERS. I paid $24.99 and have it until Sunday morning. I may watch it again tomorrow night to cheer me up after my Leafs find some new and painful way to get eliminated from the playoffs.

My son just came back from seeing the new DR STRANGE movie at a premium theater. His ticket was $27 and he paid about the same for someone to bring him a small pizza, popcorn and juice. He enjoyed the movie but said he can't wait to see it again at home with some REAL bass!!

My daughter and I will probably watch THE VVITCH tonight on Bluray while I chase my low carb beer with my favourite whisky.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (05-14-2022), cheez avenger (05-14-2022), gotmule (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 07:48 AM   #36604
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Would have made more sense just to wait for the 4K disc.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:15 AM   #36605
Blu-ray Champion

May 2021
USA

I agree with the other posters about The Cursed. Best horror movie I've seen in a long time. It just oozes atmosphere. I hope it gets a release with Atmos down the line, preferably on UHD. The audio mix was by far the most impressive I've heard in a movie theater.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (05-14-2022), gotmule (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 11:01 AM   #36606
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

The Essex Serpent is spectacular.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi4187537...f_=ext_shr_lnk

ATV+

Last edited by bhampton; 05-14-2022 at 11:12 AM.
Thanks given by:
cheez avenger (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 12:04 PM   #36607
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
I don't have good enough internet service to do that.

(And, there's no OTA here and I don't want CableTV.)

I hope the fiber networking gets more access-able. I've never had Cable but that is somewhat tempting in the mean time. My church even went in on Cable internet because it's much better than the other option we have which is Bonded DSL.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:16 PM   #36608
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by unberechenbar View Post
I agree with the other posters about The Cursed. Best horror movie I've seen in a long time. It just oozes atmosphere. I hope it gets a release with Atmos down the line, preferably on UHD. The audio mix was by far the most impressive I've heard in a movie theater.
Is it doomed to 1080p ?

iTunes/Vudu do not have a 4K version.

The Blu is cheap with reference audio but I wonder if there's a UHD version.

Last edited by bhampton; 05-14-2022 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:42 PM   #36609
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmule View Post
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-C...lu-ray/312434/

Different one. Cool period piece horror from appearances.
Looks very much in the ‘Hammer Horror’ category.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:27 PM   #36610
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
Good viewpoint,

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/plung...162440262.html

The theatrical window makes for the buzz a movie needs. eliminate it and it doesn't work anymore.
(basically ... no matter how I tried I could not copy and paste the exact quote.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesfan129 View Post
I know Covid changed this a lot. But for me, I enjoy going out to the movie theater and seeing a movie, especially a big action movie like James Bond stuff. I also like going to the theater for dates. For me it's an activity. I feel like without theatrical releases too, no one knows something came out and then it won't make money. Ehh just my $0.02.

I don't know if I necessarily agree with him. Advertismenst can be done for anything and people seeing a film creates the buz. That being said for me it is simple

If I spend 100$ on tickets to bring my family to a film studios make a lot more money then if I spend 20$ to buy a copy of that film and they make a lot more money then if someone spends 20$ and they watch 100 rentals in the month (aka streaming).

where it plays is that there are a lot more people streaming and I buy a lot more films then what I bring my whole family to watch in theatres. Each section stage is very important. I will never go and watch all the films in theatre and other people won't buy all the films they want to watch.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:31 PM   #36611
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
I wish they went OOB. but that's not near term likely.

I guess it's good for something. I don't use it but the rest of the people in my house do.

Maybe I'll try to watch Stranger Things ..... I'm trying with Ozark but it's plenty boring.
I get that you are paying for something that you personally don't care or use.

but what would them going OOB really help you with? some other rental company will just replace them. There will always be room for rentals if the model is the same or a bit different.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:38 PM   #36612
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
I don't rent either. I don't like having to plan out when I'm going to watch something.

With a large collection I always have lots to watch regardless of what I'm in the mood for. I could never have that kind of freedom with subscriptions unless I subscribed to a bunch of them every month (and that would cost even more than my collection).
exactly the same here. when I see a film that might be interesting to watch I buy it. When I am at home I have the best quality presentation available at my fingertip no matter what happens.

Is it more expensive? yes. Is it worthy the premium IMHO absolutely.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (05-14-2022), gotmule (05-14-2022), Steedeel (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 03:42 PM   #36613
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
I get that you are paying for something that you personally don't care or use.

but what would them going OOB really help you with? some other rental company will just replace them. There will always be room for rentals if the model is the same or a bit different.
My kids like it.
Thanks given by:
crutzulee (05-15-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 04:38 PM   #36614
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
My kids like it.
I get that and it is nice of you to pay for it to make your kids happy

I don't know your kids ages and not giving parental advice but I told mine for any streaming service if they want it they have to pay for it. I did not do it to be mean but I think it is important to teach kids to manage their money.

I just don't get why people want stuff that others enjoy to go extinct. I get it you will save a bit of cash every month, but I am sure if they want Netflix now because their friends have it, they will want whatever their friends use if Netflix shuts its doors.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:47 PM   #36615
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

I read a couple of really bad things about Netflix.

This article says Netflix send email to employees sayind "spend our members money wisely." I feel this is a very bad message that belittles the employees.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...mo-1235145947/

Then I read they said if the employees didn't like that memo they should quit and this is allegedly the second time they said this recently. First time was when employees didn't like Netflix content.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/entertai...d-culture-memo

Employers shouldn't be telling people to quit in my opinion. Employees depend on employers and there's a implied trust. Maybe I'm old fashioned and/or just out dated. They should be encouraging employees. Esp now when a lot of employees likely got burned by the stock dip.

They have been laying people off so I guess they are giving people great reasons to leave on thier own... I guess they save on severance

Last edited by bhampton; 05-14-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:06 PM   #36616
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
North Carolina

Quote:
I read a couple of really bad things about Netflix.
One never knows what really goes on behind closed doors. Do you remember the Wal-Mart, Netflix lawsuit claiming the two colluded to have Walmart stop their DVD online rental and Netflix would stop selling used disc. Very difficult to prove agreements made on the golf course.
Thanks given by:
crutzulee (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 05:11 PM   #36617
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
North Carolina

Some good news: NFLX, AMZN, GOOG and APPL are all up several points.
Thanks given by:
alchav21 (05-14-2022), bhampton (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 08:23 PM   #36618
Special Member

Sep 2014
Toronto

Quote:
I don't have good enough internet service to do that.

(And, there's no OTA here and I don't want CableTV.)

I hope the fiber networking gets more access-able. I've never had Cable but that is somewhat tempting in the mean time. My church even went in on Cable internet because it's much better than the other option we have which is Bonded DSL.
I couldn't tell you what the tech is, but I pay for, and verifiably receive, gigabit service to my home with most important stuff hardwired via ethernet.

I won't debate bits and compression as I'm not an engineer, but THE NORTHMAN stream was all kinds of awesome in my HT!!

Will the UHD offer better visuals and audio? I would be thrilled if it did as I will own this title day one...

Worth it to wait for the disc? not to me (shrug)... I've been on this model for some time now ( since COVID), and while the disc will often offer an improvement, DUNE was the only title that I would say was night and day better than the stream...

Was it worth $25 to see it early 9 feet from a properly matted 130" screen with ATMOS sound? HELL YES!!!
Thanks given by:
bhampton (05-14-2022)
Old 05-15-2022, 01:07 AM   #36619
Power Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
I couldn't tell you what the tech is, but I pay for, and verifiably receive, gigabit service to my home with most important stuff hardwired via ethernet.

I won't debate bits and compression as I'm not an engineer, but THE NORTHMAN stream was all kinds of awesome in my HT!!

Will the UHD offer better visuals and audio? I would be thrilled if it did as I will own this title day one...

Worth it to wait for the disc? not to me (shrug)... I've been on this model for some time now ( since COVID), and while the disc will often offer an improvement, DUNE was the only title that I would say was night and day better than the stream...

Was it worth $25 to see it early 9 feet from a properly matted 130" screen with ATMOS sound? HELL YES!!!
Couldn't you have bought a digital version for slightly more? $25 is a ridiculous price for a rental regardless of format.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:50 AM   #36620
Blu-ray Champion

May 2021
USA

Quote:
Is it doomed to 1080p ?

iTunes/Vudu do not have a 4K version.

The Blu is cheap with reference audio but I wonder if there's a UHD version.
For the time being I think. Unfortunately I don't think any of the distributor's movies have ever gotten a UHD release.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology