Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
All Creatures Great & Small: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$46.99

Absolutely Fabulous: Absolutely All of It (DVD)
$41.99

Are You Being Served?: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$35.99

Keeping Up Appearances: The Complete Series (DVD)
$34.99

Adventure Time: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$49.87

Ultraman Cosmos: The Complete Series + 3 Specials (DVD)
$29.99
1 day ago
The Invitation (DVD)
$14.67

Bullet Train (DVD)
$19.96

Black Adder Remastered (DVD)
$28.99

Where the Crawdads Sing (DVD)
$17.96

The Black Phone (DVD)
$14.96
22 hrs ago
After Ever Happy (DVD)
$11.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 08-10-2022, 11:36 PM   #41

Aug 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillydillo View Post
Which of the shows are you talking about?
Looks to me like later seasons of Foster's are in native 16:9 on HBO Max, which are probably more recent than whatever's been on iTunes.
Yes, I meant Fosterís Home for Imaginary Friends, there is no way to buy the later seasons in widescreen.
HBO Max is streaming only, and isn't available worldwide either.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:32 AM   #42

May 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
Yes, I meant Fosterís Home for Imaginary Friends, there is no way to buy the later seasons in widescreen.
HBO Max is streaming only, and isn't available worldwide either.
Right for sure, my point is moreso that those are probably more recent masters and would probably be what ends up on the DVD.
Old 08-11-2022, 04:13 PM   #43
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffOliver View Post
If EEE has all the specials, it would definitely hint at the likelihood of Ego Trip being included with any Dexter's Laboratory set. I'll probably pick EEE up at some point once it's a bit cheaper. I have a lot of nostalgia for the first few seasons, but it wasn't my favorite show.
It would be funny if Dexter’s Laboratory included the Rude Removal episode. I know Genndy is aware of the interest people have with the episode but it boils down to if Warner Discovery would even include it or not.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:49 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
It would be funny if Dexterís Laboratory included the Rude Removal episode. I know Genndy is aware of the interest people have with the episode but it boils down to if Warner Discovery would even include it or not.
Did they announce a Dexter series re-release?
Old 08-12-2022, 12:39 AM   #45

May 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevers7290 View Post
Did they announce a Dexter series re-release?
No they did not. Seems like just speculation based on the leaked releases of some other classic series (Ed, Edd n Eddy and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)

I own the region 4 box set which is excellent, but it's a bit of a pain to get ahold of, so it'd be great if they released a region 1 version. Dexter's definitely a show that deserves a good complete-series release.
Thanks given by:
kevers7290 (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 01:06 AM   #46

Aug 2016

Please don't add the banned episodes of Dexter's Lab to the Complete Series DVD set, nobody wants to see DeeDee flip the bird.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:54 AM   #47
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wummyhulk View Post
Please don't add the banned episodes of Dexter's Lab to the Complete Series DVD set, nobody wants to see DeeDee flip the bird.
No one would be forcing you to watch it?
Thanks given by:
Dynamo of Eternia (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 04:33 AM   #48

May 2022

I mean... I wouldn't expect them to add Rude Removal, all things considered. It'd be cool! But I wouldn't at all expect them to. Madman's region 4 set couldn't get it, and it isn't officially out there anywhere at this point. Same with Dial M for Monkey's Barbequor.

I'm all for physical media being a place to save these sorts of things though, I get why they wouldn't want to stream them but I think they'd be great adds to a box set for preservation's sake. Far from a make or break for me though personally.
Thanks given by:
akaun6899 (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 04:45 AM   #49

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
No one would be forcing you to watch it?
I didn't say I wasn't going to watch the DVD set of Dexter's Lab in general, I meant to say that the banned episodes shouldn't be added to the complete series DVD set at all, because they had some controversial content in theme, they were banned for a reason.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:07 AM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wummyhulk View Post
I didn't say I wasn't going to watch the DVD set of Dexter's Lab in general, I meant to say that the banned episodes shouldn't be added to the complete series DVD set at all, because they had some controversial content in theme, they were banned for a reason.
Or, like the actual point was, they could include them, and you could just not watch them.
Thanks given by:
Dynamo of Eternia (08-12-2022), InuYashaCrusade (08-13-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 03:45 PM   #51

Jul 2016
West Virginia

I'd purchase both Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy and Foster's Home on day one! If these are legit, I hope that they have some more shows coming up on top of that. There's a lot throughout CN history I'd be down for!

Would be surprised if they didn't reissue PPG considering it is a popular franchise still and it has yet another upcoming revival.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:56 PM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012

I hope Dexter’s Laboratory and Powerpuff Girls get a BD release.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:04 PM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2012

I'm interested in both EEE & Foster's pending on the price.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:07 PM   #54

Aug 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Quote:
Right for sure, my point is moreso that those are probably more recent masters and would probably be what ends up on the DVD.
That is the problem, Warner Bros always re-uses older masters, if a cartoon series has previously been released on DVD. The complete series releases of Teen Titans and What's New Scooby Doo? for example, are still cropped to 4:3, even though the disc counts changed. The amount of episodes per disc increased on all recent re-releases too, they really don't care at all.

The real test will be the DVD release of Krypto the Super Dog next month, I wouldn't be surprised if Warner Bros re-used older masters again. That would be the last nail in the coffin, in terms of DVD releases of their cartoon series.
Thanks given by:
akaun6899 (08-13-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 03:59 AM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2014
Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
It would be funny if Dexterís Laboratory included the Rude Removal episode. I know Genndy is aware of the interest people have with the episode but it boils down to if Warner Discovery would even include it or not.
I believe it aired on [adult swim], and I remember watching it. It's not even remotely offensive. All the bad language is bleeped for comedic purposes. That Dial M For Monkey episode is also pretty tame.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:46 AM   #56

Apr 2020
Illinois, USA

Quote:
I believe it aired on [adult swim], and I remember watching it. It's not even remotely offensive. All the bad language is bleeped for comedic purposes. That Dial M For Monkey episode is also pretty tame.

Somewhere there's an uncensored version. I've seen it.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:08 AM   #57

May 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin2000 View Post
Somewhere there's an uncensored version. I've seen it.
The uncensored version that exists is a edited/fan-made version. The original Adult Swim upload, and very likely the original episode as produced, was bleeped.

Quote:
That Dial M For Monkey episode is also pretty tame.
The Dial M for Monkey episode isn't too bad either, but I've heard the Silver Spooner character might've caused legal issues with the Silver Surfer rightsholders? That might actually be why they aren't willing to rerelease it.

Last edited by Sillydillo; 08-13-2022 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:29 AM   #58
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Adult Swim used to have it on their Website and on YouTube but never showed it on TV. I do find it funny if you watch it on YouTube, there is a person who has it as part of the YouTube Kids.
Thanks given by:
GeoffOliver (08-13-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 05:46 AM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2014
Atlanta GA

Quote:
The Dial M for Monkey episode isn't too bad either, but I've heard the Silver Spooner character might've caused legal issues with the Silver Surfer rightsholders? That might actually be why they aren't willing to rerelease it.
I'm pretty sure the character would easily qualify as a "parody." It's not like it was literally the Silver Surfer in the episode. I always heard it was removed because the character was an obvious stereotype of gay men, but I have a hard time believing that with the far worse HIM character so prevalent in Powerpuff Girls.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:31 AM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
That is the problem, Warner Bros always re-uses older masters, if a cartoon series has previously been released on DVD. The complete series releases of Teen Titans and What's New Scooby Doo? for example, are still cropped to 4:3, even though the disc counts changed. The amount of episodes per disc increased on all recent re-releases too, they really don't care at all.

The real test will be the DVD release of Krypto the Super Dog next month, I wouldn't be surprised if Warner Bros re-used older masters again. That would be the last nail in the coffin, in terms of DVD releases of their cartoon series.
Isnít that just because they donít want to author new disc files though? The HD seasons of Fosterís havenít been on DVD before so that wouldnít be an issue.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Tags
animation, cartoon, cartoon network, dvd, television